Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 08:52 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Did you not get my point made above? Unfortunately we are NOT a color blind society as many of us would like. And you probably very legitimately would like that, as would I. But its unrealistic to pretend that people dont experience things differently depending upon what ethnicity or socioeconomic background they happen to be from. It would be a lovely world but its a long way off..

We are in agreement, except you need to realize that what you said holds true for white people too. ALL folks come to their opinions relative to their own life experiences. And not all white people are having great life experiences you know. Just like not all black people are struggling or having constant bad experiences.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
No use pretending that white people do not have white privilege.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
We are in agreement, except you need to realize that what you said holds true for white people too. ALL folks come to their opinions relative to their own life experiences. And not all white people are having great life experiences you know. Just like not all black people are struggling or having constant bad experiences.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:58 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
Quote:
Again, who ever said that ALL white people or ALL people of color feel a certain way? Stop parsing words and try to connect with the point of the post. You should know what I mean at this point. Must we have an actual verbal conversation for you to get the point?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:04 PM

I am agreeing more and more with you. Ever heard of white privilege.

Quote:
Again, who ever said that ALL white people or ALL people of color feel a certain way? Stop parsing words and try to connect with the point of the post. You should know what I mean at this point. Must we have an actual verbal conversation for you to get the point?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Your post came across that way, denegrating white people, but I think we've both made our points, no need to argue semantics. We are actually in agreement on a few things it seems anyway.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Your post came across that way, denegrating white people, but I think we've both made our points, no need to argue semantics. We are actually in agreement on a few things it seems anyway.
Well since I'm white and have a whole family of lovely white people, I would hardly want to denegrate myself and my family and friends and co-workers. Nevermind you lovely white people on the forum . When one says things like "white people do this" or "black people do that" it certainly doesn't mean EVERY SINGLE person of that ethnicity does that particular thing, it just means that group has a TENDENCY to feel or act a certain way. I assure you, I do not feel any reverse racism against myself LOL.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:23 PM

^ White privilege is all I got to say to you white girl.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Well since I'm white and have a whole family of lovely white people, I would hardly want to denegrate myself and my family and friends and co-workers. Nevermind you lovely white people on the forum . When one says things like "white people do this" or "black people do that" it certainly doesn't mean EVERY SINGLE person of that ethnicity does that particular thing, it just means that group has a TENDENCY to feel or act a certain way. I assure you, I do not feel any reverse racism against myself LOL.
Well, it's just a dangerous thing to even speak in absolutes usually, but especially when it comes to race

Old 01-04-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Well, it's just a dangerous thing to even speak in absolutes usually, but especially when it comes to race
You chose to hear it that way. Now, I am tired and will let you have the last word that you so wholeheartedly seek.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
You chose to hear it that way. Now, I am tired and will let you have the last word that you so wholeheartedly seek.
No need to have the last word, at all...feel free to have it yourself. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships