Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 08:01 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Bizarre post. If you come on and post about something like this, do you not expect to get comments? Or only nice, fuzzy sympathetic ones?

I thought you were ok - very anti Brit which was the only thing that stood out about your posts, but ok. That was until i saw the post directed at 'confused' where you basically wished her dead. Thought that was a bit OTT to be honest. Now I don't have a whole lot of patience for your nonsense because you appear to lack both balance and judgement.
I appreciate all types of comments, but this is an all out attack on me based on my posting history and an opinion you have formed.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:03 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
And I still can't believe they packed them off to beautiful Australia and kept this dark, cold little island for themselves
What? Evacuate the Mother Country for the antipodes? NEVER!!

Old 01-01-2009, 08:06 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I'm sorry but how does sitting in a tiny cell and eating 3 horrible meals a day reform a thief, drug addict, drunk driver, or paper criminal?? lol that is just stupid.

Those people are better off doing community service after they are done working their full time jobs and paying for their own reformation classes. That way they pay back society and learn to be better people in the process and it doesn't come out of the tax payers pay checks as would happen if they were sent to jail.

Another problem is I believe criminal records and convictions stay with a person forever? That helps people get jobs how? Everybody has to make a living and earn. The record just cripples society even more. Obviously sex offenders do not need to work in daycare centers and thieves do not need to work in the finance department.
Let us look at drunk driving. The first few times it is reduced to in-pared, very small fines. Then they give a restricted license. Then county time, often with work release. Treatment is offered and at times part of the sentence. Many still go to prison, risking the lives of others on the way. What more could be done???

Old 01-01-2009, 08:07 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Quote:
I appreciate all types of comments, but this is an all out attack on me based on my posting history and an opinion you have formed.
How is this an attack on you? If you don't want previous posts brought up, then don't post things of which you are ashamed.

Also I would say that you give at least as good as good as you get. Don't dish it out if you don't want it back.

Listen, I don't really want to argue. I just think it's sad to start the new year with bashing - and to see other people jump in on it saddens me. There is so much gender bashing, homophobia, etc on this site and now we're adding sweeping negative comments about other nations and their population. What a shame.

Maybe you did nothing wrong and the English police (who are amongst the most laid back police force I have seen in any country) just decided to pick on you over a broken plank on a fence. I don't know. If so, please allow me to publically aplogize for the British as a nation for so foolishly inconveniencing you.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Listen taking it lying down while being buggered without the courtesey of KY Gel, may be the British way, but it ain't mine.

Now be a good girl and kindly Moderator cut: no need for this.
More examples of your charming communication skills. I am sure you are a real asset to London society. No wonder they are so welcoming to you.

Last edited by Synopsis; 01-01-2009 at 08:28 AM..

Old 01-01-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Just because you say it's off-topic and irrelevant doesn't make it so.

It's apparent you have a history with RA's posts because she doesn't have the same opinion of the British Police and Judicial system as you. That is fine, for all I know she could be psycho mom or The Virgin Mary.

I'm merely basing my opinion on what I read here before me at the moment, and if someone is arrested for minor property damage that cannot be proven, I'll say it again; it's insane.
I'm signing off for now - RA is once again showing some of her posting 'skills' and it's not how I want to start the new year.

If you feel that you know enough about the subject to call British law screwed up, and it is ok with you to say it, then that's your call. All I can do is shrug and hope that other posters are able to form a more rounded opinion for themselves.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:26 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
I'm signing off for now - RA is once again showing some of her posting 'skills' and it's not how I want to start the new year.

If you feel that you know enough about the subject to call British law screwed up, and it is ok with you to say it, then that's your call. All I can do is shrug and hope that other posters are able to form a more rounded opinion for themselves.

I am only looking at one instance, and that it "appears" to be screwed up in THIS case. I'm not saying that all British law is screwed up.

Heck, there are stupid laws in every country and sometimes it isn't stupid laws, but the stupid people that interpret those laws. It happens everywhere. The U.S. probably has more stupid laws and some knuckleheaded cops that enforce them than the UK, simply based on population alone.

I'm not picking on Britain, I happen to like Britain very much and would love to visit there someday; I think it's an awesome place.

I'm not attacking your country at all. I'm merely looking at a single incidence.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
How is this an attack on you? If you don't want previous posts brought up, then don't post things of which you are ashamed.

Also I would say that you give at least as good as good as you get. Don't dish it out if you don't want it back.

Listen, I don't really want to argue. I just think it's sad to start the new year with bashing - and to see other people jump in on it saddens me. There is so much gender bashing, homophobia, etc on this site and now we're adding sweeping negative comments about other nations and their population. What a shame.

Maybe you did nothing wrong and the English police (who are amongst the most laid back police force I have seen in any country) just decided to pick on you over a broken plank on a fence. I don't know. If so, please allow me to publically aplogize for the British as a nation for so foolishly inconveniencing you.

Let's get this straight. I AM NOT ASHAMED OF ANYTHING I'VE POSTED and you can bring them up as many times as you want to. What does it prove? I didn't post looking for sympathy...as you said I give as good as I get and never suffer fools gladly. So this thread was to vent and also for entertainment....I mean who else here got arrested on New Years eve? I knew it would be something people would be interested in...I'm quite chilled except for my back and yes, I'll be looking for compensation if my doctor can find further damages caused by Starsky. Sure the police are laid back...what world did you live in when you were here? Oh yeah I see from your profile picture you are white. Do you know anything about the Met Police and brutality? Do you know anything about their relationship with the Black community? Their poor record of investigating certain crimes. Do you Know anything about the Stephen Lawrence murder?

Keep living in your ivory tower.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post

I'm not attacking your country at all. I'm merely looking at a single incidence.
Ok, sorry for being over sensitive - I'm a tad'ette hung over from last night and probably feeling a little too much national pride from a distance!

Quote:
and yes, I'll be looking for compensation if my doctor can find further damages caused by Starsky.
Well of course you will.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
More examples of your charming communication skills. I am sure you are a real asset to London society. No wonder they are so welcoming to you.
I'll tell you something about my communication skills. Yes I can be a potty mouthed biddy but my communication skills has enabled me to be able to mix with all sorts, from gang bangers East LA barrios to heads of states and has helped me talk my way out of several speeding tickets.

My communication skills are just fine.... Oh and London society? Would that be my Neighbours? Without wanting to come across as arrogant these people don't even own a car. They live in a housing association or council house. Incase you don't know these days they aren't building council houses, so you can find yourself living next door to a council tenant as some landlords opt to rent their homes to the council where they are guaranteed rent for at least four years.

No they aren't "society" they are people struggling who are probarbly jealous as they see my life as easy and effortless. I hear the person who owned the house before had the same problem with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships