Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 11:37 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinamalia702 View Post
Ok, "let him go" is not the proper choosing of words. When I said it, it was because we already discussed that he wouldn't go but I was questioning if I was being selfish or not.

I work in Human Resources and I'm not originally from Las Vegas. Women here are scandalous and I've been burned by too many here so I keep my distance. All my friends are back home.
Maybe next year the two of you can compromise and have a get together at your home with his friends and their girlfriends...this will help forge some relationshipis...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 11:43 AM

94 posts, read 255,688 times
Trishguard,
My parents and my sister are in LV and at some point we always spend the holiday together. The eve or during the day or stopping by. We are very family orientated. I didn't think I was creating drama, just asking for opinions.

Our original plan for NYE was to spend it with his family members that were coming into town but they ended up not coming so I told him that he and I could just go to the strip together but he didn't seem interested, only if it meant going with the guys.

Yes, if he did go out with the guys, I would have been by myself. The family I have here had plans. My daughter is 17 and she chose to celebrate with friends.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:50 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
You said before that you just expected yes or no answers. What were you going to do with that information?

What I'm really trying to get at is, are you looking for us to tell you not to move away with him because you know it's a bad idea but are not ready to make this decision?

So you start with feeding us information about him not wanting to spend New Years with you and then mention his cheating and his leaving town and you maybe going with him. Oh and the fact that he's had a troubled past too.

I think you should just come out with what you are looking for from us. Because I doubt you just came here to poll us and then except (accept?) the answer with the most responses.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:56 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Sounds like you're looking to fix him and you're asking our help. He has cheated on you, he didn't want to spend NYE with you, he can't find work, yet you think he is marriage material. You get upset when someone on a relationship forum doesn't take your side. New Years Eve was the least of your worries.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:59 AM

Actually with the NYE question, I was looking to "poll" you but something at work came up so I didn't get a chance to check back until today.

As I mentioned numerous times before, I wanted an unbias response.

I'm honestly not sure about moving, that's why I'm asking Trish. He said that if I decide that I don't want to go, that he'd come back. This relationship has many differences for me so I was seeking the opinions of others. Free counseling! lol

Old 01-02-2009, 12:03 PM

It's not about "sides". Gosh you guys, I didn't realize that this would turn into this. I was just looking for opinions. Sorry for asking!!

Old 01-02-2009, 12:07 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,503 times
This sounds a lot like my first marriage. Here is what I would do: ask him what he enjoys about going clubbing with his friends. There is nothing wrong with him going out with friends, but to clubs? Men are usually there for one reason. Good luck!

Old 01-02-2009, 12:07 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinamalia702 View Post
Actually with the NYE question, I was looking to "poll" you but something at work came up so I didn't get a chance to check back until today.

As I mentioned numerous times before, I wanted an unbias response.

I'm honestly not sure about moving, that's why I'm asking Trish. He said that if I decide that I don't want to go, that he'd come back. This relationship has many differences for me so I was seeking the opinions of others. Free counseling! lol
Ok, then don't go. Don't uproot your life for someone you are not 100% sure about. If he wants you, he will come back to you. Then if it doesn't work out at least you haven't drastically changed your life to accommodate his.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 PM

429 posts, read 1,148,310 times
I don't think there is a right answer to your question. I think each relationship is unique and the two of you are still making decisions about how yours is going to be structured, what the "rules" will be. Bottom line is, are you willing to invest any more time in a relationship where it's okay to spend holidays apart? Some people wouldn't mind, others would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships