Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:58 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times

Advertisements

You know, I wouldn't mention in the first day of conversation, or even the tenth. But if somebody wants to know something interesting about my world...sure, why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 08:06 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You know, I wouldn't mention in the first day of conversation, or even the tenth. But if somebody wants to know something interesting about my world...sure, why not?
Because some might think you were bragging when "who really cares"? Who you are related to has nothing to do with you.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:11 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
My friends older brother was on a very popular tv show and Kathryn did not tell anyone outside our immediate circle because she did not want people to think she was bragging and to top it off, the television show embarrassed her! Sadly, Kathryn, her children and husband died at the hands of crazed men 3 years ago yesterday and the media had a field day with her connection to this actor...she probably rolled in her grave several times...

She felt his accomplishments had nothing to do with her, and they didn't until the media had a story to tell...

Old 01-02-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Because some might think you were bragging when "who really cares"? Who you are related to has nothing to do with you.
That's kind of dumb. Bragging is when you drop names ten seconds into the conversation, or find a way to wrangle it into the conversation. If, on the other hand, the subject of movies and favorite actors comes up, why wouldn't I want to say, "You know, my cousin is Courtney Cox"? If somebody asks about my family, why wouldn't I say, "Courtney Cox is my cousin?"

By the way, Courtney Cox isn't my cousin.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
That's kind of dumb. Bragging is when you drop names ten seconds into the conversation, or find a way to wrangle it into the conversation. If, on the other hand, the subject of movies and favorite actors comes up, why wouldn't I want to say, "You know, my cousin is Courtney Cox"? If somebody asks about my family, why wouldn't I say, "Courtney Cox is my cousin?"

By the way, Courtney Cox isn't my cousin.
Awww, darn....

Old 01-02-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Awww, darn....
Well, she's the first celeb I could think of, because her mom lives about a quarter mile from our house. She's in town a lot, to the point where we'll see her at Publix. Sometimes, she brings Jennifer Anniston in tow. They were coming out of Highlands Bar & Grill a few months ago as Mrs. CPG and I were coming in. I just held the door open for them. They said, "Thanks," and went out to the car.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Well, she's the first celeb I could think of, because her mom lives about a quarter mile from our house. She's in town a lot, to the point where we'll see her at Publix. Sometimes, she brings Jennifer Anniston in tow. They were coming out of Highlands Bar & Grill a few months ago as Mrs. CPG and I were coming in. I just held the door open for them. They said, "Thanks," and went out to the car.
I always feel so bad for Jennifer Aniston...she seems like a nice person, you know, her demeanor seems sweet...and that darn Angelina and Brad...

Old 01-02-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I always feel so bad for Jennifer Aniston...she seems like a nice person, you know, her demeanor seems sweet...and that darn Angelina and Brad...
See, I just don't see what the big deal is about Angelina Jolie. She just isn't that attractive to me. She always looks as if she's covered in some kind of film or something.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
See, I just don't see what the big deal is about Angelina Jolie. She just isn't that attractive to me. She always looks as if she's covered in some kind of film or something.
I tell people that all the time...she looks like she has been shrink wrapped or something...and her creepy interviews before and wearing Billy Bobs blood in a vial around her neck

Old 01-02-2009, 08:36 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
I liked the swing in her bedroom with Billy Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships