Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:44 PM

937 posts, read 2,834,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Maybe Burt is better than me because I can't determine I decent person from just seeing them. Let's exercise some common sense here: You can't know what class of person one is without interacting with them.
Depends on your line of work and life experiences
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 08:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
To the OP, as a Black woman I say date whomever you happen to find a connection with regardless of race.

However, I do not understand why it is necessary to degrade Black women to justify your desire to date interracially. I am in an interracial relationship but I would never USE my experiences with Black men as a justification.

In addition, all of my Black girlfriends are attractive, college-educated, many with graduate degrees. All are from good families, work for the best that life has to offer and have good morals. And while, this can also be said about the majority of my non-Black girlfriends; I think that Black men(of higher social standing) have a tendency to require MORE of their Black partners than they ever would from a non-Black partner.

Many of my good Black girlfriends who have decided to not date interracially are overlooked by Black men. These same men who claim that Black women are drama WILL tolerate "drama" and materialism from their non-Black partners. Black women have always been held to a much higher standard.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:34 PM

730 posts, read 2,254,337 times
You like who you like, hearts don't see color. You may get some slack from black women, but in this day and age- do we even need this discussion? Race should be a non issue.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:48 PM

14 posts, read 35,088 times
1st off Kudos to you for having the guts to call black women ******* and not be afraid of the wrath that usually comes along with that. But any way I am a black woman married to a white man and I made that choice for many reasons. I tried dating black guys some of them acted like they though their you know what didn't stink, and I also dated ones that we're so hood they couldn't think straight. They would always date white girls and say that I wasn't their type. (Now those some guys drool at my feet whenever I see them Ha, ha to them) I dated Hispanics, Bi-Racial, and an Asian guy once but it just didn't work out. And I really don't think race had anything to with it all in all it's just who I fell in love with. So follow your heart and be ready for a lot of stupidity from people but if you find a woman who makes you happy no matter if she's Asian, White, Black of Hispanic make sure you love her and she loves you.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:02 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,922,696 times
This stuff always makes me laugh. Date outside of the race? What do you mean? Dogs? Fish? lol Seriously, I've traveled to lots of other countries and people are all the same, everywhere. (exception; Middle East...) Date who you want, color and their ancestral origin really doesn't mean much.

PS, I would never call a black woman a *****, I want to LIVE!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:33 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
This stuff always makes me laugh. Date outside of the race? What do you mean? Dogs? Fish? lol Seriously, I've traveled to lots of other countries and people are all the same, everywhere. (exception; Middle East...) Date who you want, color and their ancestral origin really doesn't mean much.

I completely agree ...except your stating the Middle East is not part of this "one world" ....I dated a few middle eastern guys that were great & am friends with many people from that region; in all shades of color. Just wondering your thoughts on that; culture?, religion?

Again, good post!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:57 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I have been in some schools in the US where bi-racial children out number African Anerican children, so poeple are hooking up, I see it more in small towns in middle America more offten than in major cities. I may be a casual observer of this but I have been in over a 1000 schools over the last five years, I think in areas where the population makes it a neccessity to date some one other than your ethnicity nobody cares , but in Brooklyn or Philly people will ask "could'nt you find a back girl?"
Now this is true- I live right outside of Philly and there are a lot of interracial hooking up- black dudes mainly, with either white chicks (esp the chunky ones) or mexicans. But out here, All the races live together, so it's bound to happen.

One girl I know told me that on the block where she grew up (in the area I live now) she was one of the few black families, and they would get a hard time from time to time by her white neighbors. She says those same families now have mixed grandkids b/c their children got with blacks from the neighborhood.

Not making this a racial thing, but simply an observation.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:32 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,922,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
I completely agree ...except your stating the Middle East is not part of this "one world" ....I dated a few middle eastern guys that were great & am friends with many people from that region; in all shades of color. Just wondering your thoughts on that; culture?, religion?

Again, good post!
Hi Piper,

I wasn't trying to take a broad swipe at Middle Easterners in general, however, some do have funny ideas as to how to treat people, women in particular. I'm not saying that all of the people of the various religions in the region are that way, just more are than not I think.

I've worked with many people from the region, and I must say, some of them would give me the shirts off their backs; wonderful friends. Some others would just as likely take mine. In that respect, they're alot like other people I've met.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:28 AM

727 posts, read 1,891,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
To the OP, as a Black woman I say date whomever you happen to find a connection with regardless of race.

However, I do not understand why it is necessary to degrade Black women to justify your desire to date interracially. I am in an interracial relationship but I would never USE my experiences with Black men as a justification.

In addition, all of my Black girlfriends are attractive, college-educated, many with graduate degrees. All are from good families, work for the best that life has to offer and have good morals. And while, this can also be said about the majority of my non-Black girlfriends; I think that Black men(of higher social standing) have a tendency to require MORE of their Black partners than they ever would from a non-Black partner.

Many of my good Black girlfriends who have decided to not date interracially are overlooked by Black men. These same men who claim that Black women are drama WILL tolerate "drama" and materialism from their non-Black partners. Black women have always been held to a much higher standard.
I stated several times that I'm not trying to degrade my black women,sweetie. I love black women!!! I grew up in a household with nothing but black women. Yeah your right I do require more from black women because I've seen a standard of what a black woman should be from my Mom and my sisters. The crazy part of this is I seen a study where theres supposed to be a shortage of black men,right. When theres a shortage of something what do you do? You cherish that little bit until you get more. I feel like black men in this society are degraded and downgraded by our own black women more than any other race....IMO!!

Old 01-04-2009, 09:29 AM

727 posts, read 1,891,231 times
BTW thank you all for this discussion.....its turned into a battle royal!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships