Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 05:43 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
do you talk to people the same way you write to them?
Actually, yes

You have a very unique way of phrasing things, and sometimes your points seem a little obtuse. I'm just wondering if maybe English is not your first language? Seriously curious...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 05:51 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times
LOL........I love your post!!!

Quote:
thought you would never ask.
50+% divorce, 75% filed by women. why do they do it? can you shut old baldy up about their spending and pocket 1/2 million settlement with nothing more than a phone call to a lawyer?
youbetcha.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Actually, yes

You have a very unique way of phrasing things, and sometimes your points seem a little obtuse. I'm just wondering if maybe English is not your first language? Seriously curious...
definition of obtuse,----- lacking sharpess, intellect, blunt
thank you-- a very interesting character flaw for you to want to tell me bout. do you do this with other posters or just me. no i dont see myself that way at all you are the very 1st to mention it, thanks for sharing.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:55 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
thank you-- a very interesting character flaw for you to want to tell me bout.
no i dont see myself that way at all you are the very 1st to mention it, thanks for sharing.
No, not pointing out a character flaw at all - this is not about character. I'm seriously asking if English is your first language, that's all.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:57 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Default Bucking the trend

I asked for the divorce in my marriage, however, it was amicable. My ex wife had changed her mind about having children, and being almost several years older than I, I could understand. She would have been 40/41 if we had a child. I would not force, or trick her into it, and she would not deny me the happiness. We both had our own wealth, nothing was split, though she did keep the dogs.

So, there is another reason why people divorce, some want a family.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
thank you-- a very interesting character flaw for you to want to tell me bout. do you do this with other posters or just me. no i dont see myself that way at all you are the very 1st to mention it, thanks for sharing.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:08 PM

so sorry that happened.
She kept the dogs??
That would have been the fight of the century in my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I asked for the divorce in my marriage, however, it was amicable. My ex wife had changed her mind about having children, and being almost several years older than I, I could understand. She would have been 40/41 if we had a child. I would not force, or trick her into it, and she would not deny me the happiness. We both had our own wealth, nothing was split, though she did keep the dogs.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post

I just don't understand why such an important issue wasn't discussed beforehand...

Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I just don't understand why such an important issue wasn't discussed beforehand...
He said she changed her mind. Some people do that and it sucks on issues that important.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:32 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What makes you think it was not? We did in fact discuss, and planned our home for it. In fact, her sisters both had kids just before we started thinking of it. One sister had two, and loved it, the other had one and hated it. My ex was going to be 41 with a new baby, she just did not feel it was best anymore for her.

I was/am younger by almost 6 years, so I did not feel as if my time was up. It was difficult for both of us, but something I just had to do. She understood, and we agreed to divorce, though she tried to see if I would be happy without a family, and I asked her 'how would I know?'.

Funny thing about the dogs though, through our marriage she became so attached to the dogs; as one other poster alluded to. She treated them as if they were our "children", and the more I wanted kids, the more I resented that. I think the dogs were a proxy for children to her, though she would never admit it, but some here will know how much a dog can become part of the family. In fact, I agree, our dogs were important to us, just not more than kids to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships