Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:24 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,825,170 times

Advertisements

I don't like being around a bunch of naked people. I don't think I'd ever go to a nude beach or anything. There are some things I just don't wanna see.

I don't walk around the house naked. Even when I'm home alone. And nobody had better sit on my couch naked. That's just disgusting.

Part of it for me is comfort level, and part of it just hygiene. I know people who don't wear underwear when they go to work or school and that just drives me insane. I can't imagine. I love clothes. Even to bed I usually wear full clothing. Sleeping naked just sounds weird to me.

Maybe naked is natural. If that's the case, nature can shove it.

I know a lot of people my age (I'm 19) probably are comfortable being nude in public, or in their own home. That's their business, but I couldn't stand it. In this age of webcams and cell phone cameras, just not a good idea.

I am a virgin and I'm waiting until my wedding day. That is part of the reason I feel this way. But part of it is the way I raised. And part of it was just my comfort. I realize nudity is not always dirty. What a couple does is their own business, but I can't stand being nude outside of the shower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 11:33 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,825,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
If more people would take the time to visit a reputable nudist resort or travel to parts of Europe and experience nude beaches they'd become more comfortable with their bodies. When you're a young 20 something, sure it's exciting and thrilling but after a few minutes the thrill wears off and you learn to relax and enjoy the freedom.
I disagree. Some people are just not comfortable being nude around other people. And that's perfectly fine. No need to say that someone is uncultured because they wear clothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I've never been comfortable being completely naked walking around the house. Maybe because I'm always getting random people coming up to my front door.
True. There's people coming in and out of my house every day. Plus I have to take the dogs out sometimes. UPS drops by. There's a thousand reasons why walking naked around my house makes no sense. I wouldn't want to anyway. That, and, at least to me, it is unsanitary, and I don't feel like washing my sheets every day.

I don't see why some people spend so much on clothing, to the not wear them.

For me comfort is about 70-72 degrees, sweatpants, a T-shirt, and socks. It gets hot in the summer. That's what air conditioning is for. When I go to bed it's usually the same. And my cat joins me, purring and wanting attention. I wear a bra to bed as well. I just feel uncomfortable without one.

My family is pretty conservative about nudity. I just see no reason to walk around the house naked. To me it's not comfort, freedom, or confidence. It's just plain cold.

Last edited by STLCardsBlues1989; 01-19-2009 at 11:43 PM..

Old 01-20-2009, 03:33 AM

3 posts, read 6,438 times
its nothing wrong what he asked you,as long you care happy w/him and looking for long relationship.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:01 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
What would Mrs. Capt. Dan say?
Mrs. Capt. has no problem with the Capt. having fantasies. She's a realist. And I have no problem with her wanting to devour Brad Pitt or having her own fantasies. Healthy and normal in my opinion. And since we live in the boonies, nudity is no problem!

Old 01-20-2009, 07:05 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, Kate Moss used to be way too skinny. You might as well display clothes on a hanger...

She looks good now, though...

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/m...-picture-5.jpg

I wasn't impressed with her before, and I am not impressed with her now.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:33 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
I'm usually too cold to consider walking around naked, plus I'm not comfortable with my own body.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:51 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,996 times
OP I didnt read every post so Im sorry if this has already been covered. I wouldnt pass out if someone saw me nekid but I prefer to wear some thing. Im getting older and stuff isnt where it used to be. Personally Ive always thought it was sexier to leave something to the imagination.

Everybody has quirks that get on your nerves. Its up to you to decide if this is a deal breaker. JMO but as we get older its not as easy to find someone who makes us happy.. If he was okay except for this one quirk Id be inclined to keep him. I mean just how important is being nekid anyway. Heck give it a few more years and you will be going too .

Old 01-20-2009, 08:04 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Mrs. Capt. has no problem with the Capt. having fantasies. She's a realist. And I have no problem with her wanting to devour Brad Pitt or having her own fantasies. Healthy and normal in my opinion. And since we live in the boonies, nudity is no problem!
That's cool

Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
In my former line of work, you learn to have no inhibitions about showing your body and being nearly naked most hours of the day, in public.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:33 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
OP I didnt read every post so Im sorry if this has already been covered. ...

Everybody has quirks that get on your nerves. Its up to you to decide if this is a deal breaker. JMO but as we get older its not as easy to find someone who makes us happy.. If he was okay except for this one quirk Id be inclined to keep him. I mean just how important is being nekid anyway. Heck give it a few more years and you will be going too .
No...the question is regarding a PAST relationship...it would certainly not be a dealbreaker for me, though, if we were still together. I just found it very very odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships