Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 01:23 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,852,893 times

Advertisements

This thread is worthless.*

*:....without pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 02:24 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
You are the weird one for walking around naked.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:00 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times
I don't think it's all that strange to be that way,I was raised in a conservative household and we didn't walk around either buck naked just because. We weren't taught being naked was dirty or anything,but we didn't go to the other extreme either.
I always thought it was interesting,when I met my ex she was kind of embarrassed that her family walked around the house regularly in their underwear...so that right there may indicate that perhaps it may not be the most normal thing either

Old 01-04-2009, 10:02 PM

37,590 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stace08 View Post
Look at this issue another way, how would you like to be in your friend's house knowing they have this habit and realizing your bottom is on the same couch her husband's naked a__ was on that morning?
.....Just saying......
Not saying I sit around naked, either. And if I'm at my friends house, I would have clothes on, so this would not be an issue.

HOWever,since you raised that issue, I think ANYone sitting on furniture at someones else's house should make no assumptions as to the presence of certain "residual" substances.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:14 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My last long-term relationship was relatively healthy in the bedroom. However, he demonstrated a certain behavior that I always found strange, and even a bit hurtful at times. I've never experienced this behavior with any other man, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has. I know he had a lot of insecurities (ergo, he's an EX) but I just found this to be so very weird.

He loved me to dress up in cute little nothings, heels, whatever, occasionally, for special evenings together, (and yeah...I had never done that before, but I did it for him- it was actually fun, and I enjoyed it, as did he.) But if I ever would come into the kitchen in the altogether, or really most anytime I would happen to walk around naked, he would absolutely freak. I mean..."God...put some clothes on! Someone will see you!! Are you nuts??" And every single window could be covered, and he would STILL react this way. I have to say, the first time he did this, it hurt my feelings terribly. After a while I realized that was just the way he was. And no, he never EVER walked around naked, and always dressed very quickly. He hated for me to even climb in the shower with him. And no, he was not a horribly misshapen man......he was a bit on the thin side, very tall. Average looking. But I never really understood it. I'm very comfortable being naked...I have always felt that way around my man.

Anyone else have this happen with their SO?
Most probably he grew up in a house full of women and it was a BIG deal to see "too much skin". Maybe HIS mother walked around naked all the time and really grossed him out when he was a young, impressionable man. Whatever his hang-up you can bet it originates from something that happened in his childhood. Maybe he doesn't want to deal with it.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-04-2009, 10:22 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,401,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
If more people would take the time to visit a reputable nudist resort or travel to parts of Europe and experience nude beaches they'd become more comfortable with their bodies. When you're a young 20 something, sure it's exciting and thrilling but after a few minutes the thrill wears off and you learn to relax and enjoy the freedom.
or you could go to the Fremont Fair Solistice Parade in WA. It has become a tradition for people to go naked riding bikes in the parade. Many paint themselves and it looks like they have clothing on but then you realize they don't. It was a very interesting experience. Except for some of the enhancements, body paintings, and wondering at the comfort of riding a bike naked, after awhile like you said, the novelty wore off and it was...so what...another naked person.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:24 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
I haven't read all the responses, so I'm sorry if this is a duplicate, but perhaps he grew up in a home where nakedness was only to be in a private bedroom, not the kitchen, or living room, etc.
If you were just running to get a drink of water or something, I don't see how it would be a big deal.
Maybe he liked the mystery of the cute outfits and the teasing aspect of showing skin,heels etc. but when it came to just being nude somewhere other than the bedroom, he freaked?
If I ran through the house nude even just to get a drink, I'd have to fight my guy off with a stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My last long-term relationship was relatively healthy in the bedroom. However, he demonstrated a certain behavior that I always found strange, and even a bit hurtful at times. I've never experienced this behavior with any other man, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has. I know he had a lot of insecurities (ergo, he's an EX) but I just found this to be so very weird.

He loved me to dress up in cute little nothings, heels, whatever, occasionally, for special evenings together, (and yeah...I had never done that before, but I did it for him- it was actually fun, and I enjoyed it, as did he.) But if I ever would come into the kitchen in the altogether, or really most anytime I would happen to walk around naked, he would absolutely freak. I mean..."God...put some clothes on! Someone will see you!! Are you nuts??" And every single window could be covered, and he would STILL react this way. I have to say, the first time he did this, it hurt my feelings terribly. After a while I realized that was just the way he was. And no, he never EVER walked around naked, and always dressed very quickly. He hated for me to even climb in the shower with him. And no, he was not a horribly misshapen man......he was a bit on the thin side, very tall. Average looking. But I never really understood it. I'm very comfortable being naked...I have always felt that way around my man.

Anyone else have this happen with their SO?

Old 01-05-2009, 02:31 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Don't mind it at all if she is nude around the house.I on the other hand who am not shy at all.....at all about stripping down would just rather wear around the house clothes when I don't have a reason to be stripped down.

And I like my house between 68 and 71 degrees so my idea of comfort is chilled with a flannel on.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:36 PM

968 posts, read 2,588,463 times
I only feel comfortable getting naked when I surf the web.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:45 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustedfilth View Post
I only feel comfortable getting naked when I surf the web.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships