Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 02:04 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

My last long-term relationship was relatively healthy in the bedroom. However, he demonstrated a certain behavior that I always found strange, and even a bit hurtful at times. I've never experienced this behavior with any other man, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has. I know he had a lot of insecurities (ergo, he's an EX) but I just found this to be so very weird.

He loved me to dress up in cute little nothings, heels, whatever, occasionally, for special evenings together, (and yeah...I had never done that before, but I did it for him- it was actually fun, and I enjoyed it, as did he.) But if I ever would come into the kitchen in the altogether, or really most anytime I would happen to walk around naked, he would absolutely freak. I mean..."God...put some clothes on! Someone will see you!! Are you nuts??" And every single window could be covered, and he would STILL react this way. I have to say, the first time he did this, it hurt my feelings terribly. After a while I realized that was just the way he was. And no, he never EVER walked around naked, and always dressed very quickly. He hated for me to even climb in the shower with him. And no, he was not a horribly misshapen man......he was a bit on the thin side, very tall. Average looking. But I never really understood it. I'm very comfortable being naked...I have always felt that way around my man.

Anyone else have this happen with their SO?

Last edited by ChessieMom; 01-03-2009 at 02:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 02:07 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,986 times
Nah, we both spend a lot of time in our birthday suits. Sleep naked, walk around naked. DH is a littl emore reserved about being in the living areas naked than I am, but we're both pretty open.

I would be careful if I thought that people could easily see in though.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:08 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,582,765 times
IMHO, being naked in the privacy of your own home is the best. Impossible to walk around with lots of clothing in TX anyway xD

Old 01-03-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Nah, we both spend a lot of time in our birthday suits. Sleep naked, walk around naked. DH is a littl emore reserved about being in the living areas naked than I am, but we're both pretty open.

I would be careful if I thought that people could easily see in though.
No...I'd never walk around without clothing, if anyone could see in. I'm not an idiot.

He used that as an excuse...he knew no one could see in. It was HIS not wanting me to be naked...and I just can't figure that out. (And no...I'm not 300 pounds...so you can skip the obvious jokes there. )

Old 01-03-2009, 02:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Nah, we both spend a lot of time in our birthday suits. Sleep naked, walk around naked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
IMHO, being naked in the privacy of your own home is the best.
That's the way to do it! Perhaps not when the time comes when you sit at breakfast and you tell him you still have the hots for him and the jerk says it's because your boob is in your coffee....

Old 01-03-2009, 02:20 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,582,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Perhaps not when the time comes when you sit at breakfast and you tell him you still have the hots for him and the jerk says it's because your boob is in your coffee....
... !!

Old 01-03-2009, 02:24 PM

188 posts, read 474,503 times
My SO is very self-concious of her body, and never lets me see her naked. She is overweight, and doesn't like the way she looks. I on the other hand have no trouble flaunting my nakedness. Not that I am anything special to look at naked, just not self-concious about it.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:25 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker View Post
My SO is very self-concious of her body, and never lets me see her naked. She is overweight, and doesn't like the way she looks. I on the other hand have no trouble flaunting my nakedness. Not that I am anything special to look at naked, just not self-concious about it.
But, would you mind her walking around naked, if she would do it?

Old 01-03-2009, 02:27 PM

188 posts, read 474,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
But, would you mind her walking around naked, if she would do it?

Not a bit, I love her, all of her dearly, and accept her as she is.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker View Post
I'm not overweight...actually I'm in pretty decent shape. That was never an issue....just the being "naked" that freaked him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships