Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 11:44 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times

Advertisements

All I can say is that Mr. Hotpants is stunning, gorgeous, beautiful and sexy all rolled into one nice little 6'2" package! But he'll never know how I feel .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 11:49 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
All I can say is that Mr. Hotpants is stunning, gorgeous, beautiful and sexy all rolled into one nice little 6'2" package! But he'll never know how I feel .....
geez........

Old 01-04-2009, 12:00 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Quote:
You have to grace us with a stealth cell phone pic!!

For the original question, I do not agree with the definitions either. Beautiful is a physical quality as defined by our own society. Sexy is more of an inherent quality. I believe we can be both.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:16 AM

100 posts, read 408,021 times
A better comparison would've been a natural beauty and a women who is "hot". The hot girl is the woman that has features that just stand out to men, however if your smart you would realize that within time those features will go away. Like the hot girl in your high school class that every guy wanted to go out with because she had you know features that stood out.

Beauties usually do not have those features that stand out like what hot girls have but there is just something about there body, there look, they have this elegance and grace, usually matching it with intelligence, it is just natural which most guys do not notice until they actually get in contact with them face to face, because I believe we are all shallow creatures. Natural beauties are rare in my opinion. Ask yourself, in the long run would you rather be with a Natalie Portman or a Jessica Simpson?

I think however most men will end up with women who they think are pretty. The Sara Jessica Parker's or the Star Jones, this is the rest of the pack I say. These women can be any race, size, looks or whatever someone will find them appealing and ultimately marry them. Nobody really special, just a companion who they find attractive and tolerable to be with and if they want to add some spice in their lives the woman can always change there look and be sexy.

Anybody can be sexy and look sexy, but if your "hot" your hot, if you are beautiful your beautiful.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:42 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Very attractive women can often be put in one of two categories:
beautiful or sexy. To illustrate: two iconic women, Audrey Hepburn & Marilyn Monroe. Hepburn is beautiful, and Monroe is sexy.

Beautiful is elegant, classy, graceful, but not overtly sexual.
Sexy is obviously more carnal, sensual, exciting, but less refined and not even necessarily pretty.
Obviously, both are pleasing to the eye, and one isn't necessarily better than the other but we all have personal preferences.

Women, which would you rather be?
Men, which do your prefer in a woman?
(and don't say both! )
If I can't say both, I'd rather be taken seriously, so beautiful would be my choice.

However, I don't believe sexy is necessarily less refined. Elegance, classy and graceful have an element of confidence that can be very sexy.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:43 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
beautiful or sexy. To illustrate: two iconic women, Audrey Hepburn & Marilyn Monroe. Hepburn is beautiful, and Monroe is sexy.

Beautiful is elegant, classy, graceful, but not overtly sexual.
Sexy is obviously more carnal, sensual, exciting, but less refined and not even necessarily pretty.
Obviously, both are pleasing to the eye, and one isn't necessarily better than the other but we all have personal preferences.

Women, which would you rather be?
Beautiful... of course. Beautiful and elegant as in being like Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly would be being universally respected by both men and women, and that body type ages well. And a big N-O to being super sexy and having hordes of drooling men staring at my chest and ass, and fantasizing about having sex with me. Gross. Even if there were no such thing as AIDS or STD's, I have no desire to have lots of affairs. And I think an Audrey Hepburn type has a better chance to find true love and her soul mate over being a sexpot that only want to f*ck. The sexiest celebrity women seem to have the most drama in their lives, the most disapointments in relationships, are insecure and unhappy as their looks start to fade away, and tend to look like real crap when they get old.

Otherwise, from another thread, I'd much rather have Alec Wek's boy body than a buxom one like Anna Nicole Smith had. I'd rather a healthy toned lanky trim body with small breasts over being buxom any day. Who wants back aches from big breasts or always having to wear a support bra else they sag way down like pancakes? Even knowing that most men like a little meat on their women's bones, it's not worth the pain and stretch marks from being so voluptuous.

Ultimately, it's about my happiness and comfort, not fussing over what a bunch of men think and trying to get as much male attention as possible or having other women be envious of all the men I am attracting. I want my special man (and just one man at a time) to love and be turned on by the inner me and my smarts, not because I am so visually sexy on the outside.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:24 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Otherwise, from another thread, I'd much rather have Alec Wek's boy body than a buxom one like Anna Nicole Smith had. I'd rather a healthy toned lanky trim body with small breasts over being buxom any day. Who wants back aches from big breasts or always having to wear a support bra else they sag way down like pancakes? Even knowing that most men like a little meat on their women's bones, it's not worth the pain and stretch marks from being so voluptuous.

Funny post.... and I agree on the boobs as it happens, except I would like to point out that at least up until now ( ) my big boobs do not sag way down like pancakes at all - I have a pretty good set if I do say so myself!

If they start really sagging, I'm having them sliced, diced and rearranged.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:30 AM

212 posts, read 754,524 times
Do I want to be beautiful or sexy? Well that all depends on what I want from the man in question

At the moment I want to be sexy

Old 01-04-2009, 09:07 AM

616 posts, read 1,161,968 times
Talking Lol

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
A better comparison would've been a natural beauty and a women who is "hot". The hot girl is the woman that has features that just stand out to men, however if your smart you would realize that within time those features will go away. Like the hot girl in your high school class that every guy wanted to go out with because she had you know features that stood out.

Beauties usually do not have those features that stand out like what hot girls have but there is just something about there body, there look, they have this elegance and grace, usually matching it with intelligence, it is just natural which most guys do not notice until they actually get in contact with them face to face, because I believe we are all shallow creatures. Natural beauties are rare in my opinion. Ask yourself, in the long run would you rather be with a Natalie Portman or a Jessica Simpson?I think however most men will end up with women who they think are pretty. The Sara Jessica Parker's or the Star Jones, this is the rest of the pack I say. These women can be any race, size, looks or whatever someone will find them appealing and ultimately marry them. Nobody really special, just a companion who they find attractive and tolerable to be with and if they want to add some spice in their lives the woman can always change there look and be sexy.

Anybody can be sexy and look sexy, but if your "hot" your hot, if you are beautiful your beautiful.

YouTube - When You're Hot You're Hot Jerry Reed

WARNING: this video is so funny you may spew the contents of your mouth. So, don't drink and view! P.S. some of it may be considered offensive.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:45 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
I saw Twinkle! I saw Twinkle! And Huck, but that's not news as I'd seen him before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships