Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 11:51 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times

Advertisements

Kids experiment with everything when they are young. You wouldn't say your kid is a vegatarian when they put grass in their mouth on purpose.

Come on!! Parents you have the authority to teach your children right from wrong. In todays world it seems the parents have this laxed attitude as if the children can just grow up any ole way they want to.

I hear on this thread, "I wouldn't care." or "It's up to them."

You have to instill in your child what is right and acceptable. If you don't tell your son it is wrong to hit a woman or rob a bank he may feel it is alright to do so. When the parents feel it's alright then they never see it as being wrong.

I think people need to get a grip and start teaching their children right from wrong!!

Old 01-05-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anushapathiranasilva View Post
I do not think it is ok to be gay . I am 100% agree with you.I also have a son. Since my daughter is 2 years older than him , he also had some girlish habbits.Because he catched everything she did so easily . What I did was I told my daughter to behave like a boy. Mostly she wore shorts and t shirts those days. When my sons favorite color was pink , my daughter 's favorite colour was blue. But when he was 3+ and srarted to understanding about the difference between boy and girl his behavior was very much normal.Now he is very proud of being a boy. He knows his responsibilities and duties. Being gay is not a criminal. But it is unpleasant. I also feel more comfortable when I am with the normal people. I saw a lesbian couple at the super market. I was shocked . They were hugging and kissing each other. Sudenly my daughter asked What the hell is this? Are they nuts? I said 'nothing its normal.' Then she was very angry and talked to my husband about that. I saw the uneasiness he felt at that time. When I came home I tried to explain her everything in a very simple way because she is still 6+. If we could turn the pages of history there were gay couples in Greece, but it was a criminal at that time. Even after so many years the manager of a musical band (cannot remember the name ) was gay. At that time in UK it was a criminal too.The group sung a song about the managers secret love affair. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ,as a conclution, Being gay is not normal , its completely abnormal.......................:smac k::smack :
Thank you!

Oh my world!! I thank you so much for posting. I thought the whole world was accepting this abnormal behavior.

I rep you for this.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:59 AM

47 posts, read 78,082 times
I do not say that if your little boy likes pink, means one he will be gay. There have to be more things. If he likes girlish clothes, if he has girlish habits we can raise a warning flag. I believe PRECAUTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.So better try to convert him to the other side.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:00 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Is it ok to be gay?

I suppose it is. It is not ok for me to be gay.

If you are gay, I will not think any different of you, nor treat you any differently than a straight person.

What if your child was gay?

I must say that I would not like it. I would not dismiss them as my child, but I would not like it.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anushapathiranasilva View Post
I do not think it is ok to be gay . I am 100% agree with you.I also have a son. Since my daughter is 2 years older than him , he also had some girlish habbits.Because he catched everything she did so easily . What I did was I told my daughter to behave like a boy. Mostly she wore shorts and t shirts those days. When my sons favorite color was pink , my daughter 's favorite colour was blue. But when he was 3+ and srarted to understanding about the difference between boy and girl his behavior was very much normal.Now he is very proud of being a boy. He knows his responsibilities and duties. Being gay is not a criminal. But it is unpleasant. I also feel more comfortable when I am with the normal people. I saw a lesbian couple at the super market. I was shocked . They were hugging and kissing each other. Sudenly my daughter asked What the hell is this? Are they nuts? I said 'nothing its normal.' Then she was very angry and talked to my husband about that. I saw the uneasiness he felt at that time. When I came home I tried to explain her everything in a very simple way because she is still 6+. If we could turn the pages of history there were gay couples in Greece, but it was a criminal at that time. Even after so many years the manager of a musical band (cannot remember the name ) was gay. At that time in UK it was a criminal too.The group sung a song about the managers secret love affair. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ,as a conclution, Being gay is not normal , its completely abnormal.......................:smac k::smack :
I'm not sure why you told your daughter it was normal. You should have told her right there and then it was wrong!!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:29 PM

968 posts, read 2,589,330 times
If my son was gay I'd hire a room full of hookers to convert his ass.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustedfilth View Post
If my son was gay I'd hire a room full of hookers to convert his ass.
Hilarious!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:39 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
It is fine to be gay.

Being fundamentalist right wing trash should be a criminal offense punishable by a public flogging followed by 10 years in a remote labor camp - no heat and one thin blanket.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:39 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
A lot of gay men don't play with dolls, wear pink, or act like women.

If I was the parent I would normalize and socialize my child to behave like his gender. Eg: Get him involved in sports and activities that he likes. Buy him boys toys that he likes.

Gay guys usually only attract to other gay men too. So they sort of know who is and who isn't...etc.

I think gay people are given a nasty attitude more so than straight normal people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
On another board there was a discussion about a little boy (about 6 I think), who had strong feminine characteristics. He likes to play with dolls, likes pink, wants to get both ears pierced, etc.

I made the comment that the mom needs to teach her son how to be a man or he might turn out to be gay. Lots of people took serious offense to this and said.... "Whats wrong with being gay?????"

Well, truly, there is nothing WRONG with it. But if I had a son...I would not want him to be gay. Mostly because I think that Gay people have a lot of prejudice against them and have to deal with a lot of krap from the rest of the world. To me life is just much eaiser for non-gay people in this day and age.

I am wondering. Do you think it is ok to be Gay? If you had a kid, would you care if he/she turned out gay or not?

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-05-2009, 12:40 PM

968 posts, read 2,589,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
It is fine to be gay.

Being fundamentalist right wing trash should be a criminal offense punishable by a public flogging followed by 10 years in a remote labor camp - no heat and one thin blanket.
Can we do the same to the leftists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships