Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:23 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
The guy didn't send one email. He sent SEVERAL plus he called. Are you saying she's never suppose to check her messages because thid guycan't take no for an answer? That's ridiculous. He should man-up, accept her rejection and GO AWAY. Continuing to contact her IS stalking. Or at the very least, harrassment.
Yes, you can spam block and delete all you want. The reality is that he's there, not going away until HE decides to. That is the point. People don't get that, and that's okay. I pray it doesn't take it happening to them or someone they love for them to get a grip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 09:23 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
The OP isn't the one arguing the point. Or I'd agree with you.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:24 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
When did she say not for him to contact her????
LOL....all this paranoia and you didn't even read what she said?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:25 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,195,050 times
Haven't read all the Post.But years ago was talking with a woman on line.Then one day she shows up on my Front Door from her Home 600 miles away. My wife was really good about it,let her stay a couple days.

But after she left it got really weird,I told her I had had it with her.Didn't talk with her for a year.Then she asked me to call her.I asked my wife about it.She said do what I thought was best.Well I didn't call her back.

hillman

Old 01-09-2009, 09:07 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Yes, you can spam block and delete all you want. The reality is that he's there, not going away until HE decides to. That is the point. People don't get that, and that's okay. I pray it doesn't take it happening to them or someone they love for them to get a grip.
IRC he doesn't even have her last name or any other way of contacting her. So end the drama and just block the guy. Or if it's really THAT big a deal shut your profile down there.

When I was on match anyone that looked at my profile, winked or sent me mail, I looked at their profile and if I didn't like it, I just blocked it. No point in carrying on with someone you have no interest in. Not even worth wasting 5 more seconds on.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
When I was on match anyone that looked at my profile, winked or sent me mail, I looked at their profile and if I didn't like it, I just blocked it. No point in carrying on with someone you have no interest in. Not even worth wasting 5 more seconds on.
I find this unnecessarily harsh... Looking at your profile is not a reason for blocking people just because they're not to your liking. Chances are they won't even contact you. They've been simply window-shopping.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:23 PM

37,590 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I find this unnecessarily harsh... Looking at your profile is not a reason for blocking people just because they're not to your liking. Chances are they won't even contact you. They've been simply window-shopping.
I blocked only one person, and I blocked him only because I had gone out with him before I joined, and did not care to ever talk to him again. But I agree with you, unless someone that I really disliked was sending ugly emails, I'd have no reason to block them. Now, I can "remove" people from my searches, and then I won't ever see them pop up again, and I do that all the time....I think the last time I was on there I had something like 1800 profiles removed (been a member almost 3 years - on and off). Doesn't mean that they can't see me, or contact me, but generally that doesn't matter. If someone emails or "winks", and I'm not interested, I simply don't respond. No biggie.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:19 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
So you'd have no problem with someone contacting you after you've said no? Or going out with someone who has rejection issues? Do you know how many crimes are committed that could have been prevented if the person had been reported the first time?

Old 01-09-2009, 09:37 PM

37,590 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
So you'd have no problem with someone contacting you after you've said no? Or going out with someone who has rejection issues? Do you know how many crimes are committed that could have been prevented if the person had been reported the first time?
They send an email. I delete it. Big deal. Sending an 3 or 4 emails. Delete key. Don't play their game...it's simple. No. Absolutely not an issue. Especially in her case...she isn't even receiving the emails - she has to log on to the site to see them. Big wup. Don't read them.
This is NOT someone knocking at her door (no idea where she lives). He has her phone number and has NEVER CALLED her back again. So...hello??

Sorry, but this is REALLY gone overboard. I'm tired and done with it - I think I've made my opinion clear by now.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:24 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's not harsh at all. I simply look at the profile and voila if they are not right for me, block. Can't see the reason why they need to look at me again or I have to rifle through them again in search results. I learned the hard way when I was younger that I needed to be more selective about who I date and not just date people because they are available or interested in me. If I'm not interested what's the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships