Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:30 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,246,413 times

Advertisements

I have not forgotten what it is like to date and I sure haven't forgotten how to get rid of someone who is not welcome in your life. As many other posters suggested, all you need to do is block this person from your email...easy as that. How does that simple solution need better explanation? That solution has nothing to do with having children or being married, it is called common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 06:45 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,011,679 times
It's only stalking if you are seriously trying to date online...lol. I used the plentyoffish site for a little while when I lived in Florida before I got married to meet women. I thought is was so hillarious how they gave options on there like "Long Term", "Dating", etc... Then you would always see all the women getting pissy on there because all the guys wanted was a sexual relationship, or an internet fix, and there was always the one in 20 exception of a guy who was truly a nerd. Come on ya'll! I think anyone who has bad luck because they take internet dating seriously enough to consider it so deserves it. I can tell you 99% of the men on there are not going to take you seriously even if you do meet up because you were on an internet dating site, and they are deffinately not looking for "Long Term".

Old 01-08-2009, 06:46 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I have not forgotten what it is like to date and I sure haven't forgotten how to get rid of someone who is not welcome in your life. As many other posters suggested, all you need to do is block this person from your email...easy as that. How does that simple solution need better explanation? That solution has nothing to do with having children or being married, it is called common sense.
I would have to agree. If you don't want this guy bothering you, then there are ways to get rid of him. I'm no longer single and I am a mom, but I still have men hit on me and I still find a way to make them go away.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:46 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
Wow! It seems the creepy emails (which I understand go unread and not even to the OP's private email account??? ) have turned an otherwise pleasant discussion into an all out war - the singles against the marrieds and moms! I'm not really sure I get the correlation, but in the world of looney bins ... well, I guess anything's possible.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:50 PM

I'm married and I have kids, but I am always on the cutting edge of being on the prowl. I kinda like to think I have a clue. I used to, anyway ...

Hey, OP, why not just delete the things you don't want to read? You don't even have to respond. This guy will go away.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:52 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
Stalker. He is definitely a stalker. For the sake of other women on the site, please report him.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:54 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
It's only stalking if you are seriously trying to date online...lol. I used the plentyoffish site for a little while when I lived in Florida before I got married to meet women. I thought is was so hillarious how they gave options on there like "Long Term", "Dating", etc... Then you would always see all the women getting pissy on there because all the guys wanted was a sexual relationship, or an internet fix, and there was always the one in 20 exception of a guy who was truly a nerd. Come on ya'll! I think anyone who has bad luck because they take internet dating seriously enough to consider it so deserves it. I can tell you 99% of the men on there are not going to take you seriously even if you do meet up because you were on an internet dating site, and they are deffinately not looking for "Long Term".
Well, this subject has already been beat to death on other threads but since you obviously missed those...

I know at least six married couples who met online. They are all nice, normal, decent looking people with good jobs. Some have been married for over five years at this point and have children.

I've learned to weed out the ones online who have an attitude like yours and there are plenty left over.

So where the **** would you go to meet someone in San Antonio if you were single, if not online? I'm all ears.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:55 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,246,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Well, this subject has already been beat to death on other threads but since you obviously missed those...

I know at least six married couples who met online. They are all nice, normal, decent looking people with good jobs. Some have been married for over five years at this point and have children.

I've learned to weed out the ones online who have an attitude like yours and there are plenty left over.

So where the **** would you go to meet someone in San Antonio if you were single, if not online? I'm all ears.
Is San Antonio not very singles friendly? I've never been.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post

Ooooh! Ooooooh!!! I used to live in San Antonio!!! I met my dance partner online at ballroomdancers.com. We are the best of friends and we met online and he's not a weirdo! Of course the jury's still out on whether I am a weirdo or not!

Hey Trops - do you know where the Blue Bubble Ballroom is on Broadway off the 410??? That's where I used to train when I was in SA.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Is San Antonio not very singles friendly? I've never been.
It's kinda touristy. You have the Alamo, the Riverwalk, Six Flags and Sea World. A little way down the road you have Schlitterbahn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships