Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

How is that stalking????

stalker - prowler: someone who prowls or sneaks about; usually with unlawful intentions.

You are making mountains out of microscopic molehill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I am new to this whole thing and registered on one site. There is this guy I spoke to a few times on the phone, arranged to meet, then I told him it wasn't the right time for me to meet someone so I cancelled. This is true (it isn't the right time), but I've left my profile up there for fun and just to see who comes along. Maybe in a month I will feel like I can meet someone. However, this guy would not be my type, even in a month and especially after the following.

Anyway, this guy sent me an email saying "I THOUGHT YOU WERE THROUGH WITH THIS!". I sent him one back saying that just because it's not the right time for me to meet someone doesn't mean I have to take my profile down. Since this time he has called me once, left no message, and sent me about five more emails, which I've deleted without reading, except for one which was just "?". Ugh. I just got another one from him and deleted it. Anyway, if he calls me again I think I am going to report him. But is this kind of behavior "normal" on a dating site? I mean, I never even met the guy. I've broken up with guys and never talked with them again! Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Is San Antonio not very singles friendly? I've never been.
I know a married attorney in San Antonio who pretends like he is single!!! Will that work??? Seriously, there are so many military men out there, I'm sure it's hard to meet a man that is going to stick around long enough to start a relationship.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:02 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
It's kinda touristy. You have the Alamo, the Riverwalk, Six Flags and Sea World. A little way down the road you have Schlitterbahn!
Gotcha!

Old 01-08-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
I know a married attorney in San Antonio who pretends like he is single!!! Will that work??? Seriously, there are so many military men out there, I'm sure it's hard to meet a man that is going to stick around long enough to start a relationship.
I doubt that counts

Old 01-08-2009, 07:05 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I doubt that counts
He's always lookin' for a new gal to have on the side??!!
He makes tons of money!!!

I can't stand him!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 07:06 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Ooooh! Ooooooh!!! I used to live in San Antonio!!! I met my dance partner online at ballroomdancers.com. We are the best of friends and we met online and he's not a weirdo! Of course the jury's still out on whether I am a weirdo or not!

Hey Trops - do you know where the Blue Bubble Ballroom is on Broadway off the 410??? That's where I used to train when I was in SA.
I haven't been to the Ballroom, but I know where 410/Broadway is. I'm not much of a dancer though. Still, if I found the right guy to take me, I might at least make an attempt to learn.

None of my ex boyfriends have been dancers. Maybe that's my problem

Old 01-08-2009, 07:08 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
With somebody with a behavior science degree and specialty in criminal justice I find your accusations really paranoid and silly.

A stalker is a person who wants to be with YOU and ONLY YOU and thinks only about you. Sends you messages about only wanting to be with you and has already made plans to be with you Duh. It isn't some pesky jerk that keeps trying to ask you out. That is just an annoying pest. He or she probably annoys other people too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Stalker. He is definitely a stalker. For the sake of other women on the site, please report him.

Quote:
He's always lookin' for a new gal to have on the side??!!
He makes tons of money!!!

I can't stand him!!!
Sounds like a pig...married but available... why invite trouble?

1,227 posts, read 3,012,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Well, this subject has already been beat to death on other threads but since you obviously missed those...

I know at least six married couples who met online. They are all nice, normal, decent looking people with good jobs. Some have been married for over five years at this point and have children.

I've learned to weed out the ones online who have an attitude like yours and there are plenty left over.

So where the **** would you go to meet someone in San Antonio if you were single, if not online? I'm all ears.

Well, first just to let you know that guy is what I once was back in my bachelor days. Im sure we have all had that experience, and I am a very happily married loyal husband now.

As for the whole internet dating thing. I know what you are saying about others who have gone the whole way with it and all, I just have never met anyone I personally would take seriously on there. The women are 99% of the time on those stupid sites the exact opposite of the men. One sex is looking for exactly that, while the other are socially challenged women who are looking for something way out of their logical league.

I personally met my wife in my hometown of around 3,000. I knew her for about 8 years, but I was engaged and never thought anything about it. Later as a single male I found out that she had been in the Miss Texas Pageant and knew she was an aquaintance of my sister's, she also was always a very nice woman, so I simply called her up and ask her out. That's how I met my one.

As for how do I think someone should meet someone other than the internet....hmm...well, there wasn't even an internet a few years back!? I personally would become active into sports social clubs ie: swimming, water skiing, softball, etc... because I am into a woman who is athletic, and has a passion for living. Not a prissy, stay at home, sit on the couch woman, but that's just me. I have also met women at church functions, at work, once dated someone I gave golf lessons to. The list goes on, and on.

I think people have forgotten how to socialize without the easy way of the internet. I admit, I am on here alot, especially while im at the office durring the late hours, but I also lead an active life. I meet many people, and I have the opportunity to feel them out, psychoanalyze their personalitys. I just know for a fact that "alternative agendas" are the typical norm on the internet, and 1/2 the time the person ends up married, or not even close to what they looked like in their pictures.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:12 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
Quote:
One of the reasons I picked San Antonio as the place to move to is the fact that there are so many military guys here. If I could just catch the right one when he first moves here, that's at least 3 - 5 years before he'd have to move again. I just haven't found the right way to meet any of the single ones yet.

I don't think an attorney would be my type (even if single) but that's just my preference. They seem to work ridiculously long hours. I spent part of Thanksgiving at some friends of friends and they have a huge house in a neighborhood full of gorgeous custom homes but from what I understand, the husband is never ever home. He leaves early in the morning, comes home late at night and works weekends. He misses his kids' activities and his wife might as well be a single mom. Sure he makes tons of money as an attorney, but what's the point if he's never home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships