Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:04 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times

Advertisements

You know, if they've gone six years without sex, they've got bigger problems than her taking or not taking the pill.

To the OP, why the heck haven't you addressed your intimacy issues before now? To be honest, if one suffered through a sexless marriage for six years, one would have to be superhuman to NOT mess around.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:10 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
You should be worried about the lack of intimacy in your relationship before you worry about the birth control issue...put the cart before the horse...6 years is a ridiculous amount of time to pass without figuring this out...

Old 01-06-2009, 04:36 PM

324 posts, read 862,576 times
there are wonderful benefits to birth control as the other posters have mentioned. For me I'm regular like clockword, cramps are non-existent, I can make it go away when I have vacation. It's not all about preventing conception.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:45 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Some people do not like intimacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
You should be worried about the lack of intimacy in your relationship before you worry about the birth control issue...put the cart before the horse...6 years is a ridiculous amount of time to pass without figuring this out...

Old 01-06-2009, 04:52 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,114 times
She is sleeping with the pool guy...

and cable guy....

and mail man...

hell she is sleeping with everyone but you

Old 01-06-2009, 04:54 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Dude, man show some concern and care for this pitiful soul. Step into his shoes and empathize for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
She is sleeping with the pool guy...

and cable guy....

and mail man...

hell she is sleeping with everyone but you

Old 01-06-2009, 04:56 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,051 times
I find it so funny that ppl post on forums for questions they can google.....but for this one I think the OP knows or has a thought the wife is stepping out on him. Otherwise why question the BC now?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Here are some possible reasons. You might also ask her.

Benefits
Prevent pregnancy. First and foremost, birth control pills are one of the most effective forms of reversible birth control. If used correctly, the odds are that only five in 1,000 women is likely to get pregnant in the first year of use.

Improve your menstrual cycle. Birth control pills can improve your menstrual cycle in at least for ways, including:

less bleeding during periods; one product is designed to eliminate your periods entirely

more regular and consistent menstrual cycle patterns

relief from pelvic pain during menstruation

relief from primarily mood-related symptoms of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), a condition that causes many of the same symptoms as PMS, but with more intensity. A combination oral contraceptive containing drospirenone, a progestin, and ethinyl estradiol, a form of estrogen, was recently approved by the FDA. Known as "YAZ," this OC was shown to be clinically effective both for the prevention of pregnancy and for the emotional and physical symptoms of PMDD.

Prevent cancer. Birth control pills have been shown to protect women from ovarian and uterine cancer, and possibly from colorectal cancer.

Improve bone density. Some studies have shown that it's possible that bone density improves while taking birth control pills. However, it has not been shown that BCPs make a difference in reducing bone fractures.

Protect you from ovarian cysts. If you take BCPs, you may have about one-fifth less risk for developing ovarian cysts than women using nonhormonal methods of contraception, such as diaphragms or condoms. Women using low-dose pills (20 mcg of estrogen) or multiphasic pills may not get the same benefit.

Very intelligent post - hope he's paying attention. Frankly he's got much bigger fish to fry than why she's taking these pills - how many people go this long without sex and communication in their marriage????

Last edited by lovesMountains; 01-06-2009 at 05:09 PM..

Old 01-06-2009, 04:59 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Why don't you ask her?
Ding-ding-ding... we have a winner!

I was offered birth control as a migraine reliever. Didn't work. But that's another reason some people go on it.

6 years? Ouch!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:02 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Dude, man show some concern and care for this pitiful soul. Step into his shoes and empathize for once.
I would love to step in this guys shoes! So I can tap it! I feel bad for his wife she can't be that much of a cow since she is getting it somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships