Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 05:52 AM

648 posts, read 1,639,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
I think someone is messing with you.

Yeah i'm thinking that as well. I think you should just let it go and move on to someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 06:09 AM

10,203 posts, read 17,801,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
You are one of the lucky ones. And I wish you and your husband a long and happy marriage.
I met my wife 30 years ago in a bar. Having a lasting relationship from that is almost as rare as meeting someone on line. It has produced 6 kids and many happy years.
I'm not putting anyone down. I just think good outcomes from online or bar meetings in general don't usualy wind up as long term relationships.
There are execptions. I guess we are both proof of that.
The OP's post doesn't sound like his particular situation is going anywhere and his respondent doesn't sound like the type of person that is worth persuing.
I've met a lot of couples who met online. As an American living in the UK, I've met a lot of other Americans in the UK and often, they are here because they met their spouse online. It's becoming increasingly more common.

It just comes down to the individuals involved. In the OP particular case, I already said someone is messing with him. That doesn't mean nothing can come of meeting others online.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:22 AM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
ok i have been talking to this girl online on a dating website, and she is giving me replies that i am not used to and i am not sure how to answer them. What is the right way to answer these messages? Im not really sure what she means.

Me: Hi there, im Andrew. nice to meet you. How are you?
Her: You're Andrew. its nice of you to meet me. How are you?
Me: hi. thanks for your message.im good thanks.so your name is Joden? nice name.
how long have you been a member of this website?
Her: My name is Barry and I don't have the internet.
Me: hehe. funny girl.
Her: I should be getting laid now you know!
Honestly?? Wow. I'd have simply hung up. No response needed. Seriously.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:41 AM

3,973 posts, read 7,679,833 times
thanks for giving some credit to the bar meetings! I met my ex-bf/finance in a dance bar, even though the relationship didn't work out, we dated 4 years after meeting that way. I even turned him down when he asked me to dance the first time, but he came back over and asked me again and I said yes, so it is possible to meet quality people if you and they are mature and well-adjusted to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
You are one of the lucky ones. And I wish you and your husband a long and happy marriage.
I met my wife 30 years ago in a bar. Having a lasting relationship from that is almost as rare as meeting someone on line. It has produced 6 kids and many happy years.
I'm not putting anyone down. I just think good outcomes from online or bar meetings in general don't usualy wind up as long term relationships.
There are execptions. I guess we are both proof of that.
The OP's post doesn't sound like his particular situation is going anywhere and his respondent doesn't sound like the type of person that is worth persuing.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:48 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,512,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
I think someone is messing with you.

And doing a very good job of it, at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships