Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:25 PM

648 posts, read 1,641,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I would not classify someone who doesn't like/love my kids as "amazing". Don't throw your kids under the bus for this "amazing" jackass.
that is the thing - yeah I love my kids and if I were put in the position where I had to chose him over my kids It would be the kids.. It is just sometimes I say things that just are out there!!!
He never wanted any kids and I just came along. He is not around my other kids and really likes my youngest but honestly I think that I am a relationship re re.. As a person outside the kid thing (he is the best guy I have ever been with) Honest, caring, funny etc.. I just want to know how to deal with the verbal diarrhea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 02:27 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
Hmmm..well if the relationship is going to continue, he would have to at some point accept and love your other kids also, they may sense that he is more loving of the baby, or that you are taking his wishes over theirs, I don't know. But what exactly was your question?? I think I missed it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbogdan81 View Post
Well he met them months ago and they just didn't listen to anything that I had to say. That could be a big part of it..

Old 01-07-2009, 02:32 PM

930 posts, read 2,422,640 times
Quote:
He never wanted any kids and I just came along.
No that isn't at all how it happened. Maybe from your standpoint. But you are light years from seeing things from his standpoint.

You are the hottest thing that he can land right now.

And why should that matter to you? Cuz one day he will probably find another hottie, maybe even one with no kids, and then he dumps you and moves on.

You don't have much of a catch there, regardless of how amazing you think he is. If he was much of a catch he would have a lot of options and would go with the one with no kids.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:50 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Oh man do I just not know when to shut up! There was a thread on here saying something about being single. Well here is my thing - my bf does not like kids (well he likes 1 of mine) but in general he doesn't. But I can't seem to just let it go!! He is with me even though I have kids but I just keep thinking out loud that he is just going to get over it and move on!! Yeah don't be mean because it just makes me cry that I just can't keep it inside and I feel that I am the one sabotaging the relationship. Just need some nice words of wisdom here!! NO BASHING because I know it is just crazy what I am doing.
if he doesn't like kids, and you have kids, to me, that would be a real deal breaker, not to mention, I would worry about him being alone with them. I would move on...you won't change people...they are who they are, and it is your job, to find someone who will be caring for your kids. Kids know when they are not liked, and this could really scar them for life. Your priority should be towards them...and not him....

Old 01-07-2009, 02:55 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,046 times
Quote:
It is because other than that he is amazing!! Also my other 2 kids live with there dad in VA. I have the baby and he really likes the baby. It really is just me being silly... But you know how sometimes you just need and outside view?

This sentence, for YOUR particular situation, does not make sense coming out from you, a mother of MULTIPLE children.

Ok, common sense would tell you that... when you are a mother.... your children is the biggest deal-breaker point in choosing a life partner!!!! If your partner does not like kids, THAT alone should tell you to tell him GOOD BYE. Your kids are your OWN blood, and this guy, however, is NOT.

Sorry to say this, but when you have kids, your KIDS come FIRST before any future mate.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:09 PM

36,412 posts, read 16,020,348 times
He has only just met your other 2 kids and they didn't get along fantastically but he is Ok with the baby, right? What happens when your kids come to stay with you this summer, what then?

Old 01-07-2009, 03:11 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Oh man do I just not know when to shut up! There was a thread on here saying something about being single. Well here is my thing - my bf does not like kids (well he likes 1 of mine) but in general he doesn't. But I can't seem to just let it go!! He is with me even though I have kids but I just keep thinking out loud that he is just going to get over it and move on!! Yeah don't be mean because it just makes me cry that I just can't keep it inside and I feel that I am the one sabotaging the relationship. Just need some nice words of wisdom here!! NO BASHING because I know it is just crazy what I am doing.
I will try to be kind...apparently you have 3 children already - two of whom you do not care for on a daily basis (they are being raised by their father). Don't you have your hands full??

If you can't take care of the 3 you have, WHY would you want to have others?? Are you caught up in some romantized notion that you want to have a child with this "amazing" man to always have a part of him or something??

PLEASE, do the unborn babies of the world a service - don't have any more of them if you aren't married to their father and financially stable. But especially, don't have a child with a man who had admitted to you he doesn't even like kids, most especially two you already have - be a better mother than that.

Last edited by lovesMountains; 01-07-2009 at 03:27 PM..

Old 01-07-2009, 03:14 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
I have more questions about how your other kids behaved when they came to stay with you. You said that they wouldn't listen to you. It sounds like this is what he didn't like about them. Do you have discipline problems with the two kids in VA? If so, I can kind of feel for his position.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:31 PM

36,412 posts, read 16,020,348 times
mm please talk to us a little more about your children situation, the ones that don't live with you so we have more to base our opinions/help on.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:46 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
That's why I'm not keen on dating single mothers. I just don't want to get into all these issues and nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships