Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:23 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,375 times

Advertisements

it probably depends on the venue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 10:25 AM

429 posts, read 1,148,179 times
Since it was a bar, hence, not a place kids hang out, I don't think it's a big deal.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:26 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,255 times
that was clearly too much inappropriate PDA. Even in a dark corner, there should be some restraint!! I like to have a little kiss or small touch in public, but no suckey-face/fingers!! that's just ridiculous and gross!! how did you finish your meal??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
I was out on a girl's night last night. We were 5 women hanging out in a bar/ restaurant drinking and chatting.

Seated right in front of us were a couple who spent most of the evening sucking face across the table. Now I don't mind a small amount of PDA, but actually making out? Several times?

The best part was when he started sucking on her fingers across the table.

They weren't even tucked away in a dark corner, they were front and center where literally everyone there could see them.

So what do you think? Is that ok, or taking it a bit too far for a quiet public venue?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:27 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneee View Post
Since it was a bar, hence, not a place kids hang out, I don't think it's a big deal.
I se eyou point, but they weren't do anything that would be any more inappropriate for kids than for adults.
It's also a quiet bar/ restaurant that had a string band playing. It really felt quite inappropriate to me at least!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:29 AM

462 posts, read 968,583 times
I have no problem with tasteful displays of affection. Its those that 'need to get a room' that make me goo ewww..... (although I feel their desire sometimes!) lol

Old 01-08-2009, 10:31 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,561 times
I'm big on AGing in public with my SO. There, it's out. Please direct me to AG anonomous's website so i can get help!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
that was clearly too much inappropriate PDA. Even in a dark corner, there should be some restraint!! I like to have a little kiss or small touch in public, but no suckey-face/fingers!! that's just ridiculous and gross!! how did you finish your meal??
Ha! We just thought it was funny, and were trying to take sneaky pics with our iphones. Bunch of 30 somethings behaving like teens. It was like a floor show. If I had been on a romantic meal out for two I would have probably felt more uncomfortable.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:34 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
I remember a party I attended once in college where one couple were so polluted that they actually started doing it on a table in the corner, on the assumption that everybody was paying attention to the band rather than them.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I'm big on AGing in public with my SO. There, it's out. Please direct me to AG anonomous's website so i can get help!
AGing?? Please explain!
Optiflex - I like a lot of your posts, but you're not going to suddenly accuse me of being part of the sucky, sucky couple are you?? Don't think I can go through another conversation like that!!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:35 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,058,734 times
I like sharing my kisses with only one person and not the whole world. You can't tell me that a kiss is just as meaningful when it's in public as it is in private during a special moment. It just loses it's specialness. Holding hands, hugging or a peck are fine in public, but no body needs to see my private feeling out on display and I'm certainly not interested in seeing anyone elses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships