Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:38 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
It takes two ... Marriages fall apart for a reason. How one handles it is not necessarily how the other will handle it ... And, it's never just 1 persons fault, ever.
As far as any of us know, the wife cheated, not the husband - after he gave her a kidney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 12:59 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
As far as any of us know, the wife cheated, not the husband - after he gave her a kidney.
But none of us know what HE might have done to her to get the marriage to the point where she would cheat. Maybe he didn't do a thing, maybe he's a living saint, but I doubt it. Marriages involve TWO people, when it falls apart it's because both people contributed to it falling apart.

Regardless, this should be about the kids now, not his revenge. His kids need him to be a man, and deal with all his anger in a way that best protects them. This media circus shows his selfishness in only wanting to hurt her back.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:05 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
This guy gave his wife one of his kidneys to save her life, but now since she cheated on him he wants it back. I hope he wins.
Wait until her lawyer comes after his balls. He'll reconsider!

Old 01-08-2009, 01:07 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,983 times
I agree. I used to date a guy who was married for 10 years. His wife cheated and left him and he couldn't understand why. But he was very extreme on things and would go on rants- with politics, with things he didnt' agree with. And, he would act like a snob and an elitist. After 4 months, I couldn't take it anymore. So I can certainly see why his wife grew bored of it as well.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
I agree. I used to date a guy who was married for 10 years. His wife cheated and left him and he couldn't understand why. But he was very extreme on things and would go on rants- with politics, with things he didnt' agree with. And, he would act like a snob and an elitist. After 4 months, I couldn't take it anymore. So I can certainly see why his wife grew bored of it as well.
Yeah, there's a reason to run off and mess around....She could have done it before she took his kidney.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:09 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
That's not true. I've been married to a loser for 12 years who never worked and abused the crap out of me and started to with the kids and if he had the audacity to ask for allimony, he would be entitled to it according to the law... oh yeah, and at least half of everything that I worked for including the home where his kids and I live.
I feel for you. My sister is in the same boat.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:33 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
It's also pretty low for a married woman to be playing hide the salami with her physical therapist.........
I dont think anyone would dispute that. Spouses cheat all the time and it is never right. Demanding compensation for a life saving gift because your feelings are hurt dosent portray one as very honorable either.

From the article I think the guy sound like a narsicist. Maybe she got tired of hearing how he saved her life.

I wonder how they put a price on the kidney? I would hate to see people starting to sue for compensation for their donated organs because they feel slighted down the road. I know a person that had 3 kidney transplants. One was donated by his family member I know, who was upset because "his" kidney failed after this person continued drinking. Should he have the right to compensation for the gift he gave to save someones life?

Old 01-08-2009, 06:51 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
He doesn't want his kidney back, he wants compensation for the kidney to the tune of $1.5 million.

Some of these divorces are pathetic. The way people moan and groan and carry on. I should have been a divorce lawyer. I'd be rich.

And with regards to her cheating on him -- there's always two sides to a story. I'd like to hear her side. I mean, if she was all that bad, why the heck did he marry her?

Old 01-08-2009, 07:02 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
That might be what you or I would do, but traditionally judges have not seen it that way - a gift is a gift.
Actually the law has begun to shift and have begun to decide that if she caused the break-up then she has to return the ring. I think it's a great law.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:34 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Man! I'm gonna think twice about donating my body parts!!! You just never know when you'll have to repossess them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships