Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 03:06 PM

130 posts, read 466,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
So what if the woman has some expensive tastes in her shoes and clothing?

My stand is if she has expensive tastes, she should be expected to pick up a job to pay for it. That way she's taken care of concerning necessities at the same time providng a means to satisfy her hunger for Prada LOL
If you read my post, I am referring to basic needs. Furthermore, a man should know what type of woman he is marrying beforehand and vice versa. Therefore he should know if he has a Target, Nine West, or Prada type of woman and she should know what kind of lifestyle her mate will be able/willing to provide. Then they can realistically make their own decisions on how to proceed. On the otherhand there are some men who are willing to singularly support their wives/children financially and indulge her with the luxuries she may desire. My "stand" is if he can afford it and she's fulfilling her responsiblities as a wife/mother then what's the problem?

Lastly, if a woman is willing to send her children to daycare for 40 hours a week for the SOLE purpose of being able to have designer shoes/clothes, then clearly there is an issue with priorities in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 03:20 PM

130 posts, read 466,207 times
Default So true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
More often than not, I see women caring the bulk of the load, being both primary caretakers of the home & children and working 20-40+ hours a week at a secular job. I see more husbands not pulling their weight with the home & children when their wives have jobs than wives spending all their time in leisure activities while their husband supports them financially. The "princess types" are not the norm with the average middle class & working class people.
Exactly. And the above leads to resentment, unfulfillment, and possibly the disintegration of the marriage/family unit. Why? Because at the end of the day, the woman who has been taken advantage of and reduced to a provider, maid, cook, nanny, and sex slave...after awhile begins to ask (as the OP stated) why do I need a man? It's all rooted in selfishness and ignorance.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:56 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,004,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze18 View Post
If you read my post, I am referring to basic needs. Furthermore, a man should know what type of woman he is marrying beforehand and vice versa. Therefore he should know if he has a Target, Nine West, or Prada type of woman and she should know what kind of lifestyle her mate will be able/willing to provide. Then they can realistically make their own decisions on how to proceed. On the otherhand there are some men who are willing to singularly support their wives/children financially and indulge her with the luxuries she may desire. My "stand" is if he can afford it and she's fulfilling her responsiblities as a wife/mother then what's the problem?

Lastly, if a woman is willing to send her children to daycare for 40 hours a week for the SOLE purpose of being able to have designer shoes/clothes, then clearly there is an issue with priorities in the first place.
Right- u did say basic, but it was a question that popped in my head as I was reading your statement.

I would not have a problem with it, as long as she is about her business in caring for the house/kids, and I can afford it. That's what I told my girl, if you play your part, I got you. But if she starts to flip, meaning she starts to fall off, not take care of the house and stuff, I will buck.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:04 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
So what if the woman has some expensive tastes in her shoes and clothing?

My stand is if she has expensive tastes, she should be expected to pick up a job to pay for it. That way she's taken care of concerning necessities at the same time providng a means to satisfy her hunger for Prada LOL
So a woman would have to be willing to settle for less to be with you? With every post you prove more and more selfish. Poor, poor woman. I really hope she doesn't get suckered into marrying you.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze18 View Post
Exactly. And the above leads to resentment, unfulfillment, and possibly the disintegration of the marriage/family unit. Why? Because at the end of the day, the woman who has been taken advantage of and reduced to a provider, maid, cook, nanny, and sex slave...after awhile begins to ask (as the OP stated) why do I need a man? It's all rooted in selfishness and ignorance.
YEAH!!!! Someone gets it!!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 08:09 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,634 times
No offense, but im willing to bet that couple of the women posting in here are actual "dikes"....just a thought. Maybe their hatred to men is simply because men keep taking their women from them....

J/k....but it wouldn't shock me at all. This is the internet world, nothing is as it appears...lol. More power to the man hating women out there anyway, what do I give a you know what?!?

Old 01-09-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
When is the last time a d***o told you how much he loved you? Or do they make talking ones now?
At least a d***o is honest. There is no guessing. I know exactly what I'm getting. I never have to wonder if it really loves me or is it just looking for sex? Men will say they love you just because they know those magic words will get them sex faster.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:45 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,020 times
I am almost saddened as I read these posts...I've been married a long time...3 kids, including a set of twins. In the early days he was gonna be a rock n roll drummer... and they were all raised on a bus with roadies and other things...When #1 was getting ready to start school we had a long talk and came to the decision that this was NOT the life we were going to live with 3 kids....So he went out and got a real job....and I did the mom thing, worked some and went to school... house, meals, laundry, dr's appts... you name it...He did what his schedule allowed.
We've had it all... and lost it all ... and had it all again...
Through it all we worked together... as a TEAM... it was US against them all.
A team... a family unit...WE ARE NOVA...The kids to this day KNOW that!
Today the kids are grown and successful each in their own right...
If we wanted, we bought...but knowing what we had to buy with and stayed within our lifestyle. Oh sure... we've done a FEW boners...but ...that's life.
You don't buy Prada on a WalMart budget... thats just being smart.

Do we NEED each other? No, we are self sufficient... do we WANT each other? hell yes!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 09:09 PM

I know that there are men who feel that the people they love/care about are more important than money and material things. It's just that after reading the "why should I have to pay for dating" threads I started to get discouraged and hoped that like-minded people would find their way to this thread and validate that thought but so far, no.

I also really wonder what the people who feel their material possessions and money are worth so much that those things are more important than people, are willing to offer a SO? I'm reading about how a woman has to pay off her own debt to be considered marriage material, like new debt cannot be acquired. What kind of person is willing to leave a person to protect their precious money and credit score? Instead of pretending to be in love with or caring about someone, why not just have a business arrangement?

Old 01-09-2009, 09:55 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I know that there are men who feel that the people they love/care about are more important than money and material things. It's just that after reading the "why should I have to pay for dating" threads I started to get discouraged and hoped that like-minded people would find their way to this thread and validate that thought but so far, no.
I'm pretty sure my response was in that vein...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Companionship, love, sex, yep....all those and more. I really think that anyone you fall in love with, and they fall in love with you, I think you naturally take care of each other. It's not about money. Anyone that makes it about money, well, they'll never experience anything other than a invoice for services rendered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships