Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:51 AM

968 posts, read 2,581,246 times

Advertisements

Vivaaaaaaa viiiiiiiiagra!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 09:54 AM

11,368 posts, read 24,335,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustedfilth View Post
Vivaaaaaaa viiiiiiiiagra!
LOL. You named yourself correctly. I don't think we're going there.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:59 AM

968 posts, read 2,581,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
LOL. You named yourself correctly. I don't think we're going there.
consider me the scourge of city data.com.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:33 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,930,838 times
Is he really separated or is that just his excuse???

Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,290,536 times
Quote:
I pretty much agree, but have been thinking what a big difference age makes in a situation like this.

If this man was only five or ten years older than I am, then it really wouldn't be acceptable. But the fact that he's in his 70's makes him safe enough to go out with, despite the fact he's married.

He mentioned her several times last night, usually in glowing terms. I don't know the back story and figure he's resigned to the situation, but not happy to be separated.

It will probably be fun. Cultured, well-to-do men don't come along every day. LOL
Go for it. It's a mutual meeting and older well travelled men always make the most interesting and even fascinating company. You know you want to.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:57 AM

28,840 posts, read 30,095,236 times
Quote:
I pretty much agree, but have been thinking what a big difference age makes in a situation like this.

If this man was only five or ten years older than I am, then it really wouldn't be acceptable. But the fact that he's in his 70's makes him safe enough to go out with, despite the fact he's married.

He mentioned her several times last night, usually in glowing terms. I don't know the back story and figure he's resigned to the situation, but not happy to be separated.

It will probably be fun. Cultured, well-to-do men don't come along every day. LOL
You may learn a lot from this man....age has nothing to do with friendships....only problem is, you'll have to find out what type of man he is....There are some men who call the women they sleep with friends....so, that is why I say, be honest from the very start....

please come back and share the date with us, I'll bet you'll be pleasingly surprised.

Lots of luck
Creme

Old 01-09-2009, 12:34 PM

11,368 posts, read 24,335,825 times
Oh no, I'm not going to sleep with him!!!

You see what I mean about the implications of the most innocent date? So funny.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:40 PM

3,970 posts, read 7,669,724 times
I think even calling it a "date" sends the wrong message. Try to meet him for an early light lunch, that way there's no pressure from an evening date. I still suggest coffee or like another poster mentioned, go back to the same pub and let him buy you drinks. He may have no intentions at all to do anything, so you don't want to send the wrong hint by emphasizing it, maybe he will just drop it? does he have a way to contact you? if not, don't sweat it, maybe it will just blow over, or if he calls you, and pushes the issue, just casually mention meeting for a quick bite somewhere. This can be a little tricky. Let us know what you decide to do and how it went!

Quote:
Oh no, I'm not going to sleep with him!!!

You see what I mean about the implications of the most innocent date? So funny.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:42 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,003,939 times
let us know if his moves work on you, should be interesting. just don't forget about us city data folk. come back with updates now, ya hear?

Old 01-09-2009, 12:44 PM

3,970 posts, read 7,669,724 times
I know!! we always hear the build up, but rarely the end results!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
let us know if his moves work on you, should be interesting. just don't forget about us city data folk. come back with updates now, ya hear?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships