Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 02:39 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,191 times

Advertisements

No life stages in common. A twentysomething who has not lived long enough to experience life cannot be as good a sounding board, or have the ability to be resourceful, for one. She may not understand (because of her inexperience) how to empathize and be an equal partner in certain situations, and most likely will not be capable of giving the kind of support that is needed. Twentysomethings tend to be more self-centered; they have had people take care of them and have not learned real sacrifice or caring for others and how much is demanded in order to fulfill the obligations of a relationship.

So any man who wants a twentysomething, in my opinion, is probably not very mature himself. Water seeks its own level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 12:09 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
I have this funny feeling half of you are going to grow old and die well before your time. You make it sound like an older immature guy is a bad thing. Why should I not have a younger partner that will be able to keep up with "me"? Why have an older partner that is going to go to bed at 8:00 PM and not want to party?
I'm as young as I feel...which happens to be much younger than my age.
When we entered into our relationship I was not out to seek a much younger woman. I was out to seek a friend. Who knew it would be the woman I eventually met and married. I sure as hell didn't. I do know that I spent 17 years single and in the remote location I live there was no dating oportunities with younger or older women. And what was available I wouldn't recommend to any sane guy, young or old. Nope...the woman I met happend to be perfect. Much more educated than me, loves hiking in the wilderness, sense of humor, attractive, wants children, smart shopper, the list goes on and on. Most of all...she loves me just the way I am. She's not hung up on age, looks, height, money, politics, and all that other crap so many here seem to dwell on.
I'm happy...many posting here in these older guy/younger women threads seem miserable. And for the most part it's the ladies complaining.
It's not that I "wanted" a 20 something. But thats what I got! Actually...thats sort of what she got too! I had an invitation open to any and all women to come to Alaska. She was the only one that accepted the invitation. In doing so she met a guy that will sincerely love and cheerish her till the day he dies. What sane woman wouldn't want that?

Last edited by Rance; 01-12-2009 at 12:17 AM..

Old 03-21-2012, 12:43 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times
I heard this show on the radio years ago that said that as men get older and they are less sure of the strength and reliability of their erections they turn to the added visual stimulation of the young chicks because they fear impotence.Interesting.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:48 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
there is no fool like an old fool. older guys dont do the wild thing bek there is a chance if he does not completely give his heart away she wont know what a real fool he is. the older man dignity thing feels good. of course she already knows he is a foo---. cleverly hiding behind an invisible bush.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:24 AM

395 posts, read 707,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Dating Older Men: 8 Things you Need to Know

First off, Sorry, little things like this bother me, couldn't they have used an actual older guy in the photo and not a 30something actor/model who decided the grey look was chic? But anyway...
look are over rated anyways.... they get the engine started, but don't keep it running if the bag is empty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships