Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When in an interracial relationship do you get more stares/ noticed???
Yes 22 56.41%
No 7 17.95%
Same 2 5.13%
Neutral 8 20.51%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 01:23 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

i know this sounds out there, but do you think some people do it for the attention? i mean if either is a knockout that is the explanation but what about all the attention hounds i know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 01:34 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,922,122 times
There's no telling what people's motives are. Myself, it doesn't matter, I just happen to be with someone I care about and treat him as such. After all, we (he and I) are the ones that are in each other's space 24/7 or way more than some random people on the streets...

Old 01-21-2009, 11:23 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
Some people stare because they're looking at you as if to say, "who does he/she think they are because they're dating that *insert race here*?"

Old 01-21-2009, 11:56 AM

937 posts, read 2,834,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Some people stare because they're looking at you as if to say, "who does he/she think they are because they're dating that *insert race here*?"
Or that they simply don't match...aka, something else is involved (money, drugs, etc).

Old 01-21-2009, 12:16 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,973,579 times
I dont think so. I have been in plenty of interracial relationships and the people i keep around me arent stuck in the 19th century. Also the question is kind of messed up because it asked if you get more stares so the options should be yes or no. Same would be a no answer if you think about it. In any event, the country has come a long way and where i live and interracial couple isnt a big deal.

G Rizzle

Old 03-13-2009, 05:44 PM

32 posts, read 310,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
So you play the "evaluating game" also? You'd get along great with Pikantari and her boyfriend.

I mind my own business. I really don't care to check out other couples. I'm not interested in who looks hotter or what the trends are because it makes no difference to how I pick my boyfriends.

As an Asian woman who has always dated white guys, we basically get no stares from others since our interracial combination is so common. Shrug.

And my boyfriends don't look to see if other guys are checking us out. If I thought for an instant that I was some sort of trophy for him, I would drop him in a flash. Also, none of my boyfriends have ever dated any Asian women before me. I make sure that they don't have a thing for Asian women, because if they did, I would be totally grossed out and refuse to go out with them. I want my men to love me first for my personality and brains, not because of my slanted eyes. Aside from my exterior looks, there is nothing inside of me that is very Chinese. I'm a 100% American and consider women equal to men. So they better not expect any submissive traditional Asian attitudes from me.

you are contradicting yourself. You say you are totally grossed out and refuse to date men if you find out they have a thing for asians girls, yet you state you always date white guys...

Old 03-13-2009, 05:48 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,029,743 times
From my experience, people stare at me anyways so when they've stared in the past at me & my non-black (usually) partner, I could care less. Hope this helped.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I agree. Here in LA, you almost see as many interracial couples as non-interracial couples.

A sampling of some of my close friends:

Russian female with Black male - Married
Persian male with Asian female - Married
White male with Black female - Married
Asian Male with Hispanic female - engaged
White female with Persian male - Married
White female with Hispanic/Middleastern male - Married
Jewish male with hispanic female - Married

Its very very very common here in Southern California. No one notices, no one cares about it. Its just people who found love with each other and are happy.

I know interracial dating is VERY common in the major cities..
What I'm trying to say is a BLACK MEN holding hand with a HOT BLONDE will definatlky get more stares when they are at the cinema then lets say a white couple...

I see inerracial couples everyday....just like you, but that just proves my point..they stand out more and people will stare at them..thats why ur noticing them every day!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Where DO you come from????

Interracial couples are hardly a new thing...W H Y would anyone stare?????
MIA..

why? thats what I'm asking...

yes its common, yet it happens everywhere..no there's nothign wrong with it..BUT WHY DO PEOPLE HAPPEN TO STARE MORE at an interracial couple than a monoracial couple??

Old 03-13-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcoach View Post
We are a white male/ black female couple. White men and black women generally smile. White women and black men show surprise first, and then disdain.

Some of this may be curiosity...it's hard to say.
Do you get alot of hate from black men??

Its funny how black men dont like white men to date black women, but they seem to have an fetish for blondes? They will go so far to even date a FAT white woman lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships