Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 11:41 AM

378 posts, read 773,633 times

Advertisements

This was a BAD week. I've made some really dumb mistakes. It cost me a possible interview for a great job because there was miscommunication. I wasn't able to connect with the HR person. I'm so upset with myself. Please give me tips on how to forgive myself and go on. So depressed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 11:49 AM

26 posts, read 55,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyBeing View Post
This was a BAD week. I've made some really dumb mistakes. It cost me a possible interview for a great job because there was miscommunication. I wasn't able to connect with the HR person. I'm so upset with myself. Please give me tips on how to forgive myself and go on. So depressed...
Don't be depressed, that never solved anything. Just learn from your mistakes and move on.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:52 AM

462 posts, read 969,958 times
Everything happens for a reason...

Maybe you are not supposed to be in this job. Hold your chin up & keep your eyes open. A better opportunity is right around the corner.

Treat yourself to something nice.....

Old 02-13-2009, 11:53 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,570,761 times
Quote:

1st thing you do is beat yourself up for only one hour. That's it.
Call the HR person, apologize but don't make excuses.

Most important tell yourself that this is a one time only mistake and it won't happen again.

Then make sure it doesn't.

You have my permission to give yourself a hug!

Old 02-13-2009, 11:54 AM

105 posts, read 253,859 times
Exercise. Get some endorphins from a strenuous work-out and you'll be more clear-headed and better prepared to plan your "next step."

Old 02-13-2009, 12:07 PM

838 posts, read 1,880,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpieheaven View Post
Treat yourself to something nice.....
Have a "Play Day" tomorrow with your oldest & dearest friend. The two of you can go window shopping, try on outrageous clothes you'd never buy, walk on a beach (well, depending on where you are), eat in a sidewalk cafe and laugh about all the dumb things the two of you used to do.

Distract yourself for a day, then work on how to avoid making the same mistakes next time.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:09 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,372,852 times
Thing of all the consolation prizes you've received in your life, the times you didn't get what you thought you wanted, but what you did get was on balance even better.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:11 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,575,890 times
Maybe the interview can still be salvaged? Try contacting the HR person and apologize for the mis-communication and ask if the interview can be re-scheduled. If you can't reach them by phone, send an email and/or letter. Add to the letter that should a re-scheduled interview not be possible that you are still interested in the company and would like an opportunity to talk with them for any future openings. At minimum, it should put you in a better light.

You'll at least know you tried your best and possibly kept the door open.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:17 PM

378 posts, read 773,633 times
Thanks everyone! It was a stupid DUMB mistake, which happened twice! My resume's contact phones were in the wrong order to begin with. I was waiting at a different line than the one HR was using, even though through email communications he asked and I confirmed the correct line. My cell was in my car the first time, and then the second time, it was on, but on VIBRATE (by accident!). I missed both calls!!!! Shoot me...I deserve it! I am so ANGRY with myself I can cry...I am.... MY FAULT!!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 12:32 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,570,761 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone! It was a stupid DUMB mistake, which happened twice! My resume's contact phones were in the wrong order to begin with. I was waiting at a different line than the one HR was using, even though through email communications he asked and I confirmed the correct line. My cell was in my car the first time, and then the second time, it was on, but on VIBRATE (by accident!). I missed both calls!!!! Shoot me...I deserve it! I am so ANGRY with myself I can cry...I am.... MY FAULT!!!!
Ok time's up! No more flogging! Tell yourself you've used up your "stupid human tricks" for the month and get one with it.

I usually use mine up early so's to take the pressure off the rest of the month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships