Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you made friends with someone on CDF and either met them personally or connected with them by p
Yes and I think that I made a friend for life. 4 9.76%
Yes, but it didn't work out between us. 3 7.32%
Yes. Some friendships worked out, but others did not. 3 7.32%
No, but I'd like to meet some folks from CDF in real life! 7 17.07%
No and I prefer to keep my friendships on CDF 'virtual'. 20 48.78%
I don't need no stinkin' friends! 4 9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:51 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,786,538 times

Advertisements

Just curious if you've found 'love' or even a good friendship on City Data forum? I for one was helping someone out last summer who was looking for info on Boise and we now correspond by phone and email. Now, it's another woman and strictly 'friendship' (she's happily married), but I know that I would not of had the opportunity to meet her if not for CD forum .

All stories welcome, but mostly looking for stories of love and friendship that go beyond just posting back and forth here on CD !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 12:59 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,084,144 times
I would love to meet some people from city data! I probably will meet Cosmic(he lives nearby) when I go up to visit Oil city. Mystree's sister lives in Oil city, I could meet her. Whoever else nearby, id love to meet on the way!
Maybe theres some sweet single females that would love to date and cuddle

Old 03-10-2007, 02:28 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,775,681 times
I've never met anyone on here but there are a few that if we lived closer would probably be friends.

I did meet my boyfriend online though and it was a great experience. I highly recommend (if your single) using some single sites.

Old 03-10-2007, 03:19 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,718,827 times
I like HappyDawgLady! She's a sweetheart and I consider her a good friend. Haven't heard from her in awhile so maybe we're on the outs...don't know. Still think you should consider the Twin Cities over Portland!! It's 50 degrees here today...a heat wave. waahoooo

Old 03-10-2007, 04:00 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,227,390 times
Not really looking. I figure that

1. I'm married.

2. If it ever failed, I'd rather eat dirt than try it again. This one has been hard enough and I've put up with it for 20-some years.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:25 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,142,467 times
I have been emailing with a another young mom I met here (just friendship ) who was asking a question about PEI, Canada that I had answered. It has only been a couple of weeks but I think it could be a lasting friendship and I for one feel fortunate and blessed to have met her.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:59 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
i believe ,,boards like this,,,reflect true america, yes, we may differ on opinions, but overall, decent folks,
its an interesting concept, being somewhat anonymous, its funny how we offer information we dont to our close friends, i guess being anonymous, we dont have to worry bout every word we say,,,,or the rumor mill,,

you woman seem wonderful!! smart, articulate, caring, and quick to offer any help or assistance!

i stumbled on these boards, somehow, and am learning alot,,,i enjoy reading the different points of view,,,
as far as flirting goes,,,,i sometimes ,,have to edit myself,,,,because i dont know how someone is going to react,,,,i have a dry sense of humor...but love to laugh!

Old 03-10-2007, 05:08 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,786,538 times
Talking Thanks Hoosier guy

Here all this time I thought that "I" was on the outs with you !!! I wrote you an email and was waiting for a reply back and when all you said was "I got it" and then no other response, I was kind of puzzled as to what I said or did . How funny and easy it is to misunderstand one another .

Anyways, I still consider you a pal and a buddy Hoosier, but I'm still leaning away from moving to MN !

p.s.
It's gorgeous and in the 60's in Boise ID!!! Yahoo baby :-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I like HappyDawgLady! She's a sweetheart and I consider her a good friend. Haven't heard from her in awhile so maybe we're on the outs...don't know. Still think you should consider the Twin Cities over Portland!! It's 50 degrees here today...a heat wave. waahoooo

Last edited by HDL; 03-10-2007 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: just because

Old 03-11-2007, 04:26 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,063,476 times
Maybe we need a City-Data personal ads forum? Call it "Hot, Hot Singles".

(Sorry ladies, the Bhaalspawn is married.)

Old 03-11-2007, 04:46 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Actually, ScrantonVideoProduction, WeLuvPA, and I are planning to meet up at a cafe in Scranton's Hill Section on Wednesday to compare and contrast our future visions of the city and to help ScrantonVideoProduction, who is just moving to the city's Hill Section, to become better acquainted with his new surroundings. MemoriesBre and I have also been planning to rendezvous for quite some time, but we've never gotten around to it yet due to our busy schedules (moreso mine, but I digress). LOL!

As far as "romance" is concerned, I'd have to say that I'd be all over Gizmo from the CA forum if I were straight! I saw her photo, and I was just like "Yeowza!" If MoMark wasn't straight and was half his age, I'd be all over him! LOL! Too bad I'm the only gay 18-26 year-old on this forum. This won't be a "Love Connection" for me by any means! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships