Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 11:36 PM

7 posts, read 30,459 times

Advertisements

my boyfriend had alot of female friends that he sometimes told me about but he never told them about me. When i was told that he was talking to 2 girls in a diffrent city(where he is from) i asked him about it he completly denied it and got mad at me and called me nosey. i dropped the whole subject but it got worse i had 3 diffrent girls texting me, emailing me, and calling me non-stop. he just told me to ignore it or tell them i dont know who they are talking about.then one day he left his email up and i went through it i know it was very wrong of me. but then i found out he was on a dating website talking to girls dirty? not once has he told ANY of the females about me...i dont know if this is going to keep going on. i just need to know what i could do to help the whole situation.PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 PM

440 posts, read 1,682,227 times
He lied to you numerous times about basically emotionally cheating on you, that in my book is grounds for ending the relationship. You can't change him, and he obviously doesn't respect your relationship you two have together or your feelings. I say break it off.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
what is the difference between a codependent and a pit bull
a pit bull knows when to let go.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:43 PM

323 posts, read 788,231 times
It doesn't sound like he is in love with anybody.. you included. And it DEFINITELY doesn't sound like he's lonely. It sounds like he's being disrespectful by having you tell these girls you don't know who they are talking about. I'm not sure how close you two are, but it doesn't sound like a very serious relationship. Don't you wonder why he doesn't want you to admit to these girls that you know who he is? I would assume that he has relationships of some sort with these girls, and is lying about having a girlfriend.

There is just so much wrong with this relationship that I see in this post.. I don't even know if I would consider this a relationship at all. I don't think that you really need advice.. I think you need to use your common sense.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag08 View Post
It doesn't sound like he is in love with anybody.. you included. And it DEFINITELY doesn't sound like he's lonely. It sounds like he's being disrespectful by having you tell these girls you don't know who they are talking about. I'm not sure how close you two are, but it doesn't sound like a very serious relationship. Don't you wonder why he doesn't want you to admit to these girls that you know who he is? I would assume that he has relationships of some sort with these girls, and is lying about having a girlfriend.

There is just so much wrong with this relationship that I see in this post.. I don't even know if I would consider this a relationship at all. I don't think that you really need advice.. I think you need to use your common sense.
we live together and get along perfect he tells me EVERYTHING except that. since ive found out about the website i dont think he has done anything wrong...i just dont understand if he doesnt love me then why does he take care of me? all the girls that were calling me i told them that i was with them and all they did was say alot of bad stuff about him...how can everyone say leave when its not that easy is there a way i can make him understand me?

Old 01-21-2009, 12:08 AM

323 posts, read 788,231 times
One of my very best friends is in a relationship with a cheater.. The main difference between her and you is that all of the girls that her boyfriend cheats on her with know about my friend. I'm sure he wants you to deny him to all of these girls so that he can continue his relationship with them. My friends' boyfriend says that he wishes my friend would be secure in the fact that HE is her man and isn't going anywhere. The last time he was cheating on her he practically moved in with this other girl.. She swore up and down that she was done with him.. I told her the same thing I'm going to tell you.. "If you get back with him, you might as well accept the fact that he is going to cheat on you!"

Old 01-21-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag08 View Post
One of my very best friends is in a relationship with a cheater.. The main difference between her and you is that all of the girls that her boyfriend cheats on her with know about my friend. I'm sure he wants you to deny him to all of these girls so that he can continue his relationship with them. My friends' boyfriend says that he wishes my friend would be secure in the fact that HE is her man and isn't going anywhere. The last time he was cheating on her he practically moved in with this other girl.. She swore up and down that she was done with him.. I told her the same thing I'm going to tell you.. "If you get back with him, you might as well accept the fact that he is going to cheat on you!"
i havnt left him yet...he has only told me to tell that to one girl because 5 months after the situation she was texting me trying to talk to him. i know he hasnt cheated on me like having sex with them because we live in the same house we are together 24/7!!! i just dont understand why he is so into talking to girls on dating websites or over text. he told me i shouldn't be mad because im the one that is here with him but how can i not be mad when he is wasting our time together for girls on websites...

Old 01-21-2009, 12:25 AM

Oh dear lord, are you that dense? No offense, but why in the HELL would you want to be treated like this? He has absolutely no respect for you!

The only thing I can figure is you have absolutely zero self-respect or esteem, and you're hoping you can change him. You have faith in a loser of a man.

Ugh, nevermind... see my response on your other thread about cheating on him too. I swear to god. People like you two amaze me in the worst way possible. BLAH!

Old 01-21-2009, 12:39 AM

i havnt cheated on him i just talked to other guys...ive had a very rough life growing up and now i have a fear of men i do love him very much but i always had to have a back up plan...when i found out he was talking to other girls and i saw how mad it made me i stopped talking to every guy deleted numbers out of my phone and everything....i just dont understand how you can be so close to somebody and they are doing that? im sorry if my situation is making you mad but i need advise not someone to tell me im dumb...everyone is saying leave but how can i do that? its not that easy cuz when something is going wrong i pack my stuff and plan to leave the next day but then everything gets better its like everytime we fight we get closer? does that make since?

Old 01-21-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitegurl View Post
i havnt cheated on him i just talked to other guys...ive had a very rough life growing up and now i have a fear of men i do love him very much but i always had to have a back up plan...when i found out he was talking to other girls and i saw how mad it made me i stopped talking to every guy deleted numbers out of my phone and everything....i just dont understand how you can be so close to somebody and they are doing that? im sorry if my situation is making you mad but i need advise not someone to tell me im dumb...everyone is saying leave but how can i do that? its not that easy cuz when something is going wrong i pack my stuff and plan to leave the next day but then everything gets better its like everytime we fight we get closer? does that make since?
I'm not mad, nor am I calling you dumb... I think you're actions of staying with him are dumb. I feel sorry that you want to stay with someone who has so much lack of respect for you.

The answer of why he can do that to you, he is selfish.

You're not getting closer, I would think. He's manipulating you into staying, you don't have much self-esteem is sounds like, you want to believe him, so you stay. Personally, I stand my ground and say leave. There ARE other people out there, he is not the only one. Why would you want to stay with him and always question if he's emotionally cheating on you?

Have a little confidence, and kick his ass to the curb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships