Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 06:02 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,701,819 times

Advertisements

If your SO is insecure it only makes people all the more secretive. I mean if someone wants to check out girls/guys then they will (example).

On a vacation last summer, my brother took a picture of some bikini clad goddess (from behind) at the beach once. His wife never would have known except she saw the pic on his camera and asked him about it. But she has her own camera. Had she not been looking thru his stuff she never would have known about it and no harm really would have been done.

Not that he should have taken the picture, I agree. But still who did the picture really hurt? The girl and her family/friends knew nothing about it and he didn't post it on the internet. You couldn't even see the girl's face even if he had. Can't say I blame his weakness, she was a beauty, but still.

Who was more wrong in this? Nosey wife? Adholescent move by hubby?

I understand my sis-in-law's right to be offended, and not wanting your partner to get turned on by other women, but you gotta realize a man is gonna look at women. Period. Accept it and move on. He took a pic, though, so I'm not sure if thats some line crossed, although you can take a picture of the scenery and people may be in it. But this wasn't of the scenery, but of a specific person.

Ok I'll admit I did something similar. I was taking a picture of this scenic park with a lake and trees about 2 years ago. And there was a handsome guy sitting on the bench next to mine. So I zoomed the camera out a little so I'd get his face in the picture too to add to the memory. But is that bad? I thought it was cute (in my case). And I just have it in my album at home. Not on a computer. Figured I never see the place again and his face was nice so thought why not add that to this already pretty scene? No one will know or care, just looks like some random person that accidentally gets into a photo sometimes.

Oh btw, he did delete the pic in her presence without an argument.

Last edited by Jackyfrost01; 01-26-2009 at 06:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 06:08 AM

403 posts, read 1,564,497 times
[quote=Jackyfrost01;7174529]

On a vacation last summer, my brother took a picture of some bikini clad goddess (from behind) at the beach once. His wife never would have known except she saw the pic on his camera and asked him about it. But she has her own camera. Had she not been looking thru his stuff she never would have known about it and no harm......QUOTE]

Are we not allowed to look at our spouses camera's??

And overall, I don't think it's a big deal that the picture was taken.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:12 AM

[quote=kc2sweet4ne1;7174584]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post

On a vacation last summer, my brother took a picture of some bikini clad goddess (from behind) at the beach once. His wife never would have known except she saw the pic on his camera and asked him about it. But she has her own camera. Had she not been looking thru his stuff she never would have known about it and no harm......QUOTE]

Are we not allowed to look at our spouses camera's??

And overall, I don't think it's a big deal that the picture was taken.
lol no I think we have a right to look at our spouses cameras Absolutely.

My point was just she wouldn't have known and thus wouldn't have gotten upset with him about the pic had she not been nosey. But knowing she is that way he shouldn't be taking those pics without being a bit smarter about it (like taking a picture with the scenery and the girl just happens to be in the picture somewhere too). That wouldn't raise any flags. And he'd still get to see the bikini girl under the guise of just happening to be these when he took a pic of the beach view. lol

Last edited by Jackyfrost01; 01-26-2009 at 06:22 AM..

Old 01-26-2009, 06:43 AM

80 posts, read 201,741 times
In realationships there has to be trust.
I also would think that looking at a spouses camera is not being nosey.

If mine is not sharing then there is something he is hiding.

I too do not think there is that big of a deal with a photo. Now if the person was trying to hide the photo in someway then that would be a problem.
Why hide it??

Old 01-26-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazztrons View Post
In realationships there has to be trust.
I also would think that looking at a spouses camera is not being nosey.

If mine is not sharing then there is something he is hiding.

I too do not think there is that big of a deal with a photo. Now if the person was trying to hide the photo in someway then that would be a problem.
Why hide it??
Why hide it? Maybe because the SO in question is too insecure about every little thing, usually harmless things and a person may not want to hear their whining about it and never let them live it down for years to come , BUT lol... I never said anything about hiding anything. He doesn't try to stop her from looking at his camera. He just didn't think there was anything wrong with the picture that she got upset about.

I was just trying to say she wouldn't have seen it at all had she not been looking thru the camera. Thats all. There was no attempt at subterfuge. You added that bit

My add-on was that if he wanted to take pics of that "topic" then he should be more strategic about it and take a picture of the landscape or something and she just happened to get into the shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships