Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:08 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,093,133 times

Advertisements

An ongoing serial of dating in 2009...

Went out Saterday to a new Karaoke place. I was having a good time. Along came a 40ish throwback to the 80's of a variety I enjoy. Blonde, slender, would I sing this for her, will you dance with me, wanna come back to my place? And we're off...

It's bitterly cold outside(thank god for global warming, I can't imagine how cold it would be without it!) So I decide to warm up the truck before departure. I walk up on the "porch" of the establishment to smoke a cigarette and her friend is out there. She's another 80's throwback sorta. She starts a conversation with me by introducing herself. She then asks me what my plans are next Saterday. I told her maybe I'll be back there. She then says "good it's a date, don't make any other plans."

I...somewhat confused...say.."Ummm I'm kinda with your friend ____??"

She says "Oh you'll be tired of her by next Saterday"

This, to me, is this womans way of saying "I got next!"

What has Designing Woman done to us as a populace?

I really don't know what to think?? I...guess I'm flatured. I'm also stunned at the agressiveness. And sorta feeling relagated to a piece of meat?

Meanwhile, I and the other lady seemed to hit it off....but i sense large dramatic clouds on the horizon

Things really are changing out there, aren't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 05:13 PM

930 posts, read 2,427,771 times
Musta been the cigarette.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:29 PM

11,418 posts, read 24,530,378 times
I think many women's expectations of a man's attention span are not particularly high. Therefore, the second woman was merely stating the obvious. I'll be surprised if she doesn't send you a reminder card mid-week.

Of course, that doesn't minimize the fact that you must have the right pheromones going.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:32 PM

809 posts, read 2,889,240 times
this sounds like something an ex-friend of mine would've done behind my back......... Not to say I'm a dramatic person who scares guys off....... but anytime I'd have an interest in a guy for awhile, and eventually the interest would wear off, she'd be right there behind me scooping up my sloppy seconds........ it didn't bother me at first, but after she did this with almost EVERY guy that I had interest with I really started to lose my cool with her.

It made her look stupid to be honest. Everyone else saw it too and saw how "desperate" it made her look. She couldn't ever get her own guy, she always went after her friends sloppy seconds (I'm not the only one she'd do this to)

Old 01-26-2009, 05:39 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,093,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
this sounds like something an ex-friend of mine would've done behind my back......... Not to say I'm a dramatic person who scares guys off....... but anytime I'd have an interest in a guy for awhile, and eventually the interest would wear off, she'd be right there behind me scooping up my sloppy seconds........ it didn't bother me at first, but after she did this with almost EVERY guy that I had interest with I really started to lose my cool with her.

It made her look stupid to be honest. Everyone else saw it too and saw how "desperate" it made her look. She couldn't ever get her own guy, she always went after her friends sloppy seconds (I'm not the only one she'd do this to)
Thanks! I'm "sloppy seconds"

Actually I'm a little concerned.....Do I possibly bring this up to girl A? If I don't, do I possibly allow myself to be set up by girl B for a downfall?

I am a firm believer that a lot of woman are catty, backstabbing, manipulators. Excluding of course, all the wonderful goddesses on here!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:43 PM

17,029 posts, read 31,001,542 times
Keep it to yourself and enjoy the ride. A bird in hand...

Old 01-26-2009, 05:45 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,292,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post

My late wife had a "friend" just like yours. She said that with every guy she dated, as soon as it was over this friend moved in for the kill. She thought it was hilarious. And then she said, "If I die before you, I don't care what or who you do, but just DON'T go out with (friend)." Sure enough, not two months after my wife died (friend) started calling every few days and eventually suggested that we get together (to put it politely). That was an easy decision.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:46 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,139,085 times
Why not do them both at the same time and be done with it?

Old 01-26-2009, 05:57 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,063,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Why not do them both at the same time and be done with it?
LMAO...

Old 01-26-2009, 06:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,315,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
And sorta feeling relagated to a piece of meat?
Aaaww... opti got some insight of what being a woman feels like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Excluding of course, all the wonderful goddesses on here!
Good thing you didn't forget the disclaimer or our claws would've come out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships