U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 04:13 PM

5,842 posts, read 11,027,330 times

Advertisements

There has been much talk about why people dating outside their age range, either younger women or older women. I tend to prefer older women for many reasons. But interestingly it really has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they are older, per se. Many of these reasons no has mentioned in other posts.

These are qualities that tend to be present in older women than younger women, (but doesn't necessarily have to be) that are very attractive qualities. here they are. BTW: I'm 28, going on 29.

1. Younger women from my experience tend to be less prone to move out of their comfort zone of their friends and people who share a very similar background. When it comes to women in their early to late twenties, it sometimes seems like you either have to be a friend of a friend, or if your older a bit of a local celebrity.

2. Social activities with women in their mid 30s to early 40s are more oriented around hobbies/interests, (at least from my experience with meetup.com) while women in their 20s are more interested in social activities that revolve around hot spots, parties, and stuff that is social, just for the sake of being social. (There are exceptions though). I believe older women aren't afraid to go out and just meet new people and talk about similar interests and don't have to be with their big group of friends. This makes it less intimidating for guys.

3. Going along with the last couple points. With older women, (particularly those who have been divorced) have given on finding Prince Charming who fits every single quality that a woman could want. They have been there done that with a guy who makes a hefty income, but is a workaholic, who was to busy with his career or even controlling or a suave, charming who turned out to be too much of a ladysman. Older women, have actually learned to be suspicious of the former and find a guy who really tries, but is still average to be really sweet and cute. (The 40-year old virgin scenario has happened with many a geeky guys, and is hope for many).

4. Taste in music, movies, establishments. For me personally I tend to like quiet towns and city neighborhoods that have establishments that have been around for at least a couple decades with "rootsy" music, and less interested in places where its all mixed drinks and a DJ. I know in my area (Chicagoland) I'm just not interested in the neighborhoods that are crawling with 20-somethings, other than the fact that they are their. I'm not into those neighborhoods themselves.

That being said, I do think the older woman, younger man relationships, do have a lot of challenges, though.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 04:21 PM

16,224 posts, read 22,940,019 times
Older women have more experience in bed!
(I`ll duck and run now!)

Old 01-26-2009, 04:29 PM

8,468 posts, read 13,875,757 times
One reason you left out is that many men find women in their 20s to be immature and childish and that's a huge turn-off.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:04 PM

3,853 posts, read 11,794,984 times
Older women:
1. They are past their prime so not every guy wants to go after them. They can't be so picky.
2. They usually want the same thing the guy wants (sex). This is because as a woman ages her estrogen levels decline and testosterone becomes more present. Testosterone is linked to sex drive.
3. More experience in bed and they usually know exactly what they want.

Young women
1. They are in their prime so many guys want to be with them. They develop an arrogance of their looks as a result. They are rather picky depending on their looks.
2. Always playing games.
3. Usually if they have the upper hand, they'll use sex as a manipulation tool. Older women do it less so.

What I recommend is that guys date older women until they get more confident around women and that is when they can start going to younger college aged women.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:10 PM

3,469 posts, read 7,266,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
One reason you left out is that many men find women in their 20s to be immature and childish and that's a huge turn-off.
Funny....many women think the same about guys in their 20s
I think a lot of people in their early to mid 20s still have some growing up to do and aren't looking for anything serious.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:12 PM

440 posts, read 1,545,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Funny....many women think the same about guys in their 20s
I think a lot of people in their early to mid 20s still have some growing up to do and aren't looking for anything serious.

This thread has made me realize that I am mature in the relationship stance, but I'm still in my early 20's and want to experience the things you do in your 20's. I.E. I'm not ready to settle down and have children just yet! Late 20's for kids, yes. Now, no.

That being said, I don't date guys younger than me. I did it twice, and OH-MY-GOD... .

I'm about to be 24, and my cut off is 30/31. I learned from my ex-fiance, that the age-gap can be awkward as the older individual in the relationship has experienced all the things the younger hasn't, and they can be impatient or not understanding that it's important that the younger individual experience those things to the fullest.

Make sense?

Old 01-26-2009, 06:19 PM

2,412 posts, read 4,587,675 times
Older women may have more experiance, but are FAR less active at doing.

Older women come with "baggage" that's often heavy and cumbersome.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:49 PM

17,031 posts, read 27,348,644 times
The BS level is much lower w older women. Agree w point that younger are more interested in 'hot spots' rather than hobbies activities. Probably because older woman has gotten a lot of the hot spot stuff out of her system already.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:06 PM

42,837 posts, read 80,120,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Older women come with "baggage" that's often heavy and cumbersome.
You never know. I see so many stuck-up and full of "rules" young girls... it's sad really...

Old 01-26-2009, 07:53 PM

2,464 posts, read 5,897,355 times
I really hate to get mixed up in a numbers game but... we are more than just our ages and sometimes the older/younger generation can be more than you expect. I am of the opinion that you shouldn't underestimate people whether they are older/younger. Sometimes the people we exclude turn out to be the best of us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships