Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 11:44 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,866,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
And there's always someone who feels the same way and wants the same thing.
EXACTLY. You just have to find those people and make it happen. Stop going with people who don't have similar interests. There are so many people out there that sooner or later you will find people with similar interests and as you look even more you will find more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 11:46 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Maybe you are with someone new now.
Yes, I do remember you complaining and being upset about him going out to the bars, staying out late at night, and alot of arguing.
I have been completely single, I def. haven't dated someone like you are describing. I am not seeing anyone now unless you count my cats.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
that is one smart gal, i already knew that but you just proved it.
rep for you good post.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:49 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,832 times
I'm not single nor do I wish to be...
I don't think I would ever get married again...nor do I think I would get into a relationship again. Bleh, retraining. I have dogs who always love me and are great companions. I enjoy being alone too much. Not to say that I don't adore my husband...etc...but when he's away traveling or when we were younger and he was on tour...or when we were living apart when he relocated first to Chicago...I enjoyed my time to just be ... and theres not a chance that I could ever have better sex...

However, my mom and her boyfriend live 100 miles from each other...each have their own homes and it will always be that way...they spend time at each others homes...and travel together and apart...and yes, they are still 'active' . They enjoy being together but they enjoy being apart.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:56 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I have been completely single, I def. haven't dated someone like you are describing. I am not seeing anyone now unless you count my cats.
I do know that its been awhile since you posted, but I do remember your past posts. Ok.........it was definetly your cats.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
I do know that its been awhile since you posted, but I do remmeber your past posts. Ok.........it was definetly your cats.
Go back and pull my posts up, I didn't talk about anything like you mentioned. I dated an older man briefly that I spoke about in a thread but he didn't go out and stay out late, didin't go to the bars and we never lived together. I last lived with my husband in 2002.

I have been off the board because my computer died and I only recently got another one.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:00 AM

Hmmmm..... ok. I apologize then. I could have swore.........

Old 02-08-2009, 12:08 AM

725 posts, read 2,322,290 times
Quote:
I would love some companionship but I don't think I will ever marry again. Ideally I would love to find someone special, have him buy a house in my neighborhood rather then us living together. We could spend most of our time together but then we could still have time apart. We would have our own space but be close enough that it be convenient to get together.

I just don't think I can attach that ball and chain to my ankle again.
Agree that it's a ball n' chain thing.

But what if you meet a special guy? I mean, really really special that you want to be a serious part of his life?????

I'm in no hurry to get married either; but I'm not totally closed-minded to it. If I meet that special woman 1 day, I might think about tying the knot.

Perfectly ok to be single and happy, but never say never about anything.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Hmmmm..... ok. I apologize then. I could have swore.........
To be completely frank and honest, I don't trust my own judgement when it comes to choosing someone to become involved with.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
To be completely frank and honest, I don't trust my own judgement when it comes to choosing someone to become involved with.
Listen to your heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships