Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:36 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,362,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Maybe you have forgotten what it feels like to be in love? I usually find that I am much less "quibbly" about those things when I love the guy. Yes, it absolutely takes a lot of work, and a lot of give and take. No question about that. But if you get it right, you won't mind as the rewards will be worth it.

Yeesh. Hopefully that didn't sound TOO sappy. But I really am a romantic at heart.
I think its sweet. I think in the past I have allowed feeling in love to make my brain mush and I made some bad choices and decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 02:07 AM

Fast Forward to 2014, I'm living with someone and he wants to marry me and I want to run.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:20 AM

37,074 posts, read 42,038,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Fast Forward to 2014, I'm living with someone and he wants to marry me and I want to run.
LOL!

I loved your original post and feel exactly the same way. I am all for feeling "in love" but the responsibility of marriage isn't something I'm eager to repeat. I have grown kids and family situations and don't need to be 'blending' things with anyone else's family at this point. Even living with someone would freak me out because there is no way to get out of that situation without drama. I'll check back in 3 years as well

Old 06-08-2014, 02:22 AM

205 posts, read 244,409 times
Quote:
LOL, you must have me confused with someone else, I am not living with anyone nor have I lived with anyone in 7 years. I just don't want to do it again. I am a more independent and I just don't think I can open up and give up that much of my life anymore.

I don't want to live with anyone in my house, he can live next door.

For example, I hate sports. NO, I really hate them. I jeer and sneer at the sports cast and in general feel superior to those who shackle themselves to the TV to watch it. My TVs in short do not ever broadcast sports and I have no desire to change that. How is that going to be compatible, that attitude AND the specific dislike of sports.

My neighbor has a boyfriend who broke up with her because she wouldn't move in with him. She owns her own home and didn't want to give up so much of her independance. Now he just comes over on the weekends. He also came over and took care of her when she had surgery. It just seems so much nicer. There are weekends here and there where they have their own things to do but most weekends he is here. I think its nice.

I just need my own space.

God forbid some man comes in my house again and makes mention of how its too feminine for him or he doesn't like the flowers everywhere, man that really chaps my behind.
You know there are things that women watch that I am not particularly found of (lifetime anyone?), but I don't need to come onto an internet forum to complain about the opposite sex and what they like. Please, do all men a favor and don't date. Nobody likes someone with a chip on their shoulder.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:24 AM

51,955 posts, read 52,378,573 times
Quote:
Don't run... life is ****ing long and hard and lonely and painful a lot of the time... don't shut someone out for fear of being hurt.... life sucks and you're going to be hurt by something... don't waste a minute of potential happiness.....Please.... I read so much shyt here.... I want to root for goodness and happiness.....

Go for it.......

Old 06-08-2014, 02:34 AM

19,242 posts, read 15,120,112 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Don't run... life is ****ing long and hard and lonely and painful a lot of the time... don't shut someone out for fear of being hurt.... life sucks and you're going to be hurt by something... don't waste a minute of potential happiness.....Please.... I read so much shyt here.... I want to root for goodness and happiness.....

Go for it.......
Lindsey, I agree with Chow here. I know exactly the place you're in right now, and I'm still telling you to go for it. If you like this guy enough to live with him, he must be special to you. If you look inside and think about it -- or feel it, really, you know if he's right for you or not. But don't pass it by out of fear. Don't even.

Wishing you the best...

Old 06-08-2014, 02:38 AM

205 posts, read 244,409 times
Quote:
You knew what you were getting into by your posts. If you have gotten this far, then you should have been more upfront with this guy. If this is how you truly feel, then do the poor chap a favor and cut him loose so he can find someone that can reciprocate his love. It's the right thing to do.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:41 AM

19,242 posts, read 15,120,112 times
To add, does he insist on marriage in order to stay together? Are you afraid to stay with him, even unmarried, or afraid of marriage in general?

Old 06-08-2014, 02:43 AM

He doesn't insist on marriage, in fact he thinks of us as married already (shudder). Its marriage in general I'm afraid of. I remember when I was married years ago, it was so bad and I felt so trapped.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:56 AM

818 posts, read 914,104 times
If you already live together , whats the big deal ? Will a piece of paper trap you ? Keep scissors handy....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships