Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 07:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,120,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Oh, this makes it better then.
Well, obviously you ARE entertaining the thought quite a bit! Otherwise you wouldn't be in this haze and fog and wouldn't have posted this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 07:29 PM

378 posts, read 772,012 times
Begging you to leave a stable marriage with ds finally settled, shows the measure of this man! And, he comes up really short...

Had he an honorable bone in his body, he would have sacrificed his happiness for yours. He would have stepped aside and suffered like a real man would/should, in order to give you peace. Real love is about sacrifice not a mometary brain fart that stinks up the joint and evaporates....

Please see him for who he really is...a SELFISH X.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:31 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,142,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I am just sitting here in a daze!
We were married 14 years! Had some damn good years.
He admitted today, to letting all of it go. He was basically on his knees.
Please don't let your ex manipulate you like this. He's a loser and you don't need him to bring you down. It pisses me off that he's begging you like this.

Plus for someone that was concerned about her husband's sex drive, what does your ex really have to offer you? And how long before you have to become your ex's free caregiver?

Sorry to be harsh, but my stepdad's mom's second marriage was to a man that was 15 years her senior. In his last years, he really cramped her style. He became a little senile and they couldn't travel like they used to. She never shirked her duties and was always kind to him, but the rest of us could tell she wasn't happy. Then when he finally passed away, she was too old and tired to have any fun.

On average, women live seven years older than men. So the age gap between you is more like 18. How is his health? Is he in good physical shape? Also, how are his finances? Is he still a father to your son?

Old 02-08-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Sorry to be harsh, but my stepdad's mom's second marriage was to a man that was 15 years her senior. In his last years, he really cramped her style. He became a little senile and they couldn't travel like they used to. She never shirked her duties and was always kind to him, but the rest of us could tell she wasn't happy. Then when he finally passed away, she was too old and tired to have any fun.
Interesting how huge age difference is acceptable only in the direction that suits the poster...

Old 02-08-2009, 07:48 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,339,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Interesting how huge age difference is acceptable only in the direction that suits the poster...
Yeah, not sure how it's relevant in this situation. If it was the other way around and the ex was significantly younger than the current husband, would it then be OK to get back together with the ex?

Old 02-08-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Yeah, not sure how it's relevant in this situation. If it was the other way around and the ex was significantly younger than the current husband, would it then be OK to get back together with the ex?
It's not relevant unless the current husband wants his own children. And the difference is not big. Just reminding the poster above about double standards.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:57 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,108,074 times
Age isn't the issue. The issue is her ex is messing with her head. He's probably lonely, has had time to appreciate what he had and thinks he can just waltz in and get it back. The fact that she's in a tailspin about it is an indication of why he thought he could.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:59 PM

37,567 posts, read 45,928,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
A man you let back back into your life romantically will behave as long as he thinks you have one foot out the door. The second you get comfortable, he'll revert back to his old ways and then where will you be? I didn't want to find out and I don't think you should either.
I completely agree. Good post.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:04 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,142,528 times
Well... we are looking at a situation where her ex is begging her selfishly to turn her life upside-down, divorce her husband and move away with him. Some of us are suspecting that his renewed interest in her is because in the meantime, he's found no other woman to have a relationship with. Secondly, she was the one that made a thread about being upset with her husband loss of sex drive. And frankly, I don't see how her older ex will meet her physical needs as well as her husband. And another age factor is I would be wary of how much her ex can change his ways for the better... at his age.

And this is not a thread about hypothetical age gap relationships, or debating the hypothetical worthiness of a 54 year old man as a husband to a 42 year old woman. This is a real life situation, and my gut feeling tells me that she should stay with her husband and say goodbye to her ex. I'm on yankeegirl's side and I want what's best for her. If you want to defend her ex, then go right ahead.

Plus... in my post, I did ask her about her ex's health and fitness. Many 50 year old men are very healthy and active, but some are not. Then she also made a comment earlier about her ex saying that "he was too old to chase her around" (for sex) which goes back to her having an active sex drive. I also asked about his financial status as he'll probably want to retire in ten years and their son might want help to go to college.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:19 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,174,095 times
I just don't get this, yankeegirl. Two weeks ago you were positively giggly after having great sex with your husband: //www.city-data.com/forum/7182417-post41.html Today, you seem to have forgotten him when your ex comes crawling back. WTF?

I sense some urgency in your posts, as though you have to tell your ex in 48 hours whether you are going to run off with him or not. It sounds to me that you are extremely emotional about all this and not thinking clearly. I think you need to take some time and cool off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships