Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

you divorced them remember????, 42 million since 1975, 75% filed by women.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:58 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There are plenty of nice guys, just as their are plently of nice ladies.

Problem is they're usually taken.
Yep, and taken by women who aren't nice.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:15 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yep, and taken by women who aren't nice.
Nah, I took my football and went home.

Bah, it's like the nice guy/bad boy threads...Now, get out there and date one for the gipper!

Not even sure what the heck a gipper is, but it sounds good, so do it or something.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:05 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
I'm sure you're proud, but you knew it was wrong, too. Could have ruined someone's relationship. That's why I don't do that crap.
I was a young crazy kid and was far from the only young guy these pretty wives had between the sheets. It is true that women will marry for money and slept with young handsome men to satisfy their lust.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:05 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
I noticed some of the women on this thread saying they want a "nice guy with an edge". Sorry, not too many of those exist. That's just a fantasy. Most men are nice or they aren't. Alot of the guys women think are nice with an edge never were truly nice to begin with. Everyone saw it but themselves.

I do think most nice guys are married, they are the ones who make the best and most stable husbands and fathers. Our civilization is in decline because less women today do pick those wonderful nice guys. The men who women call "spineless" are the greatest of all,,totally evolved and civilized. Many of them aren't spineless at all when you get to know them.

Nice guys don't change. You will sell your soul if you do. Be proud of who you are, you will probably meet someone. I have no bad boy appeal and am in a relationship. You might have to be patient and wait for young women to outgrow their bad boy phase, most will. If not they will get used and abused, pumped and dumped until they age out of the dating market. At that point, if they are honest with themselves, they might wish they would have given the nice guy a chance who they unfairly judged as weak and spineless.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:36 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,963 times
Most of what is said in this thread about women selecting bad boy types is true. I have been cast aside and ignored by most women because I'm not the overly assertive type to run right up to a girl and get her phone number or because I dont treat women like crap. I have had several friends throughout the years who treat women awful, cheat on them, lie to them, and they just run through attractive women like its nothing. I actually find it disgusting and personally label a woman as damaged goods as soon as I discover that she's frequented the "player" type of guys.

I have been single my entire life (albeit I did move around a lot and am fairly antisocial), I workout, I make six figures, I am handsome, I love cats, I'm sensitive, intelligent, good sense of humor, and have only had one sexual partner. I will probably remain single for quite some time to come simply because most women find my stability and honesty completely boring. Most women need to get through their heads that they arent going to be dating 007, and think about what they really want out of life, which brings me to my last few statements.

Most women do not know what they want out of life and this is what causes the majority of the problems. To be fair though, most people in general dont know what they want out of life. I also believe too many people rely heavily on their partner for happiness. Here's a tip. If you arent happy with yourself, being alone, you will not be magically happy when you're in a relationship, instead you will over time rub off all of your pessismistic ways on your partner. Happy hunting, I gave up awhile ago.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:42 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
I will probably remain single for quite some time to come simply because most women find my stability and honesty completely boring.
I'm sure there's a LOT more to it than that.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:47 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I'm sure there's a LOT more to it than that.
In Alaska? If you paid me 7 figures you couldn't get me to live most places there. Makes here seem like some tropical treasure trove of women, and considering how bad I consider the pickin's here, that's sayin' something.

I'd be like that fool you see crossing the antarctic on foot, except if forced to live there, I'd just be crossing hell or high water to get out. Not that it's a "bad" state, it's just got such a crapola ratio I can't imagine how the average single guy there can stand it for that long.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:14 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
There's middle ground between nice guys and a-holes. Nice guys can be walked on and have no confidence or leadership. *******s won't stick around after a few nights in bed.

I dont blame women for not going for the niceguys. How boring. But I dont have any respect for women who jump into bed with some guy they met a week ago because she thought it would be exciting.
You might be amazed at how many "nice guys" will stand up for themselves and others when pushed to it.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:20 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You might be amazed at how many "nice guys" will stand up for themselves and others when pushed to it.
Very true. I love to see the look on peoples faces too. It shocks the hell out of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships