Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 01:47 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,698 times

Advertisements

I made the mistake of taking the train all the way out from Brooklyn to Coram to meet up with this guy. He claimed we were going out to dinner, instead he took me to the drive thru at McDonalds. We sat in the car talking, and he then tried to drive me to some remote area, and since I was unfamiliar territory, I asked him where were we going. He stated we were going to his house. Red flags flying now. I yelled at him to either take me back to the train station or I was going to jump out of the car and call the cops. Needless to say he took me back but not without trying to force himself on me first in which I kicked him in the balls.[/quote]

ROTFLMFAO!!!!! How I love and adore Brooklyn girls!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 02:01 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
My worst first date happened a week ago. Went out with a woman who I met online. That was my first mistake, setting up a date on a Saturday night with a woman I hadn't actually met yet. She was pretty easy on the eyes, but as soon as she sat down, she started pounding Jack and cokes. I asked her what she did for a living. She tells me she was a marriage and family therapist for the State of CA and left for a job with the State of GA. OK, good. Well, I asked her if she'd ever been married. Yes, she says. OK, why didn't it work out? "We didn't take the marriage seriously". Huh? A marriage and family therapist who didn't take marriage seriously. Thats right. So after about an hour and a half of pk conversation, she makes a lame excuse that she has to leave for a work emergency (sh now runs a doggie daycare). She said there was an issue with the credit card processing company. Really? At 9:30 on a Saturday night when the place is closed you have to go? Yes, she says and takes off leaving me wondering WTF just happened???? What a flake.
That's funny. Why didn't you ask her what she does before you met?

Old 03-26-2018, 02:06 PM

639 posts, read 376,326 times
I have a LOT of them

From the girl that I took out to eat that only got a salad and cried about her ex Cop boyfriend the entire time that was a complete jerk to her.

To the girl that ordered two dinner entrees of the bat with requesting doggy bags..

Or the born-again Christian that was intent on lecturing me on how I don't meet her standards for a man..

Or the overweight, ex-Wife with multiple children attempting to interview me for a position for the job to be her BF.. lol .. see ya!

And many more.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
I have a LOT of them

From the girl that I took out to eat that only got a salad and cried about her ex Cop boyfriend the entire time that was a complete jerk to her.

To the girl that ordered two dinner entrees of the bat with requesting doggy bags..

Or the born-again Christian that was intent on lecturing me on how I don't meet her standards for a man..

Or the overweight, ex-Wife with multiple children attempting to interview me for a position for the job to be her BF.. lol .. see ya!

And many more.
What were her standards that you didn't meet???

Old 03-26-2018, 03:11 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
I went out with a woman that a friend set me up with. The entire time we argued. Either she didn't agree with me, or I didn't agree with her, on ANYTHING. Normally, I don't argue with someone just because I don't agree with them, but this woman was so arrogant. After leaving the date, she thought it'd be a idea to ask me to come to her place. Saying "no" was the last time I spoke to her. RIP to me being set up ever again.

Old 03-26-2018, 04:43 PM

93 posts, read 63,884 times
Back story: When I was 18 I worked alongside this gorgeous all American type girl. Like every relationship around that age it was a quick fling that dissipated over a couple weeks, but for whatever reason I had always looked back on her as the "girl who got away."

Fast forward, EIGHT years and I get a Tinder notification as I am aimlessly strolling the wine aisle - it's her. My heart almost skipped a beat. We quickly exchange info and start healthy communication back and forth. This is when it starts to get weird - she offers to sends me nudes almost immediately. Red flag.

I sort of down play the situation and we continue to chat back and forth regularly. Three weeks later our schedules synced and I agreed to meet her at her new condo for dinner and drinks (big mistake). She opens the door and I kid you not she is at least 50lbs heavier than in her photos. I put it aside and just hoped that we could have a nice time catching up as old friends. I open the wine and right away she starts this whole story about how her ex husband was cheating on her, she became obsessed with work as a distraction, got addicted to Ambien and just checked herself out of rehab and had gained all the weight as a result (I couldn't chug my wine fast enough at this point and was quickly too buzzed to drive). I decided to take a seat on the couch to hopefully segue into a lighter topic and at this point she literally pounces on me, starts purring in my ear like a cat and starts shoving her tongue down my throat. I kissed her a few times out of sympathy and got up for the door at which point she literally grabs me forcefully, pulls me into her room and throws me on to her bed and rips my pants off. She then proceeds to tell me that she has a terrible gag reflex and a weird entry angle?? (you can't make this up). I ended up having sex with her out of sympathy. Literally after FOUR minutes she said that she had climaxed and that I could wrap things up. I ran out of that house so fast and drove home in shame.

The worst part about the story is I literally found out the next day that she had done the EXACT same thing with one of my close friends a few days before. I blocked her number immediately when she tried to make plans for a second date.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:03 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Worst first date, I have a few. But I think this one was the worst. Was meeting an online guy. We had a reasonable phone conversation. We were supposed to meet for drinks around 8ish. I chose a bar not too far from home.

And then this is where things get weird. This guy was arrogant. He thought he was a special snowflake/renaissance man. “I act. I sing. I am smart.”

Blah blah. He’d ask me normal questions. But every 10 minutes or so he’d ask a question about sex. “How do you feel about sitting on my face?” And he asked several variants on this question. At least 4 times.

I was trying to come up with ways to end this date.

But I had to wait long enough to sober up.

So we leave and he is like “well, since I don’t know if you want to sit on my face, how will I know if you like me? Don’t you want to kiss me?”

I told him good night and went home.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:53 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Years ago, I went out with the nephew of one of my mother's friends. It was a formal dinner dance to raise funds for some endangered species or another. (Black tie for the men, long evening gowns for the women).

He showed up at my door wearing a red shirt with white polka dots and a dangling skulls head necklace for a tie. No dinner jacket or any jacket for that matter. His eyes were bulging out of his head like a demented frog and he was wearing some foul cologne that smelled like bug spray to me. I should have pleaded a headache and bowed out right then and there.

When we arrived (I sort of rushed ahead of him so it would like I was alone), we went to our assigned table and introduced ourselves.

He asked me to dance and began singing in my ear as he practically dragged me around the dance floor and when the music became lively, he started doing some Jed Clampett stomp with his hands at his waist.

For dinner there was a choice of grilled trout or prime rib. He got the trout and proceeded to saw at it with his knife loudly complaining that it was difficult to cut and proceeded to hammer it with the knife while everyone watched him in silence (since he didn't wait for everyone else to get their food). Everyone agreed to split the cost for a couple of bottles of champagne and wine, but he said, "Y'all go ahead. I'm gonna have a beer." He told the waiter to leave it in the bottle because he felt it stayed colder that way.

I ended up telling him that I was feeling sick and that I wanted to go home and told him to stay and enjoy himself and that I would take a taxi. I was practically running to get to the door and he was right behind me.

As I already mentioned he had the face of a young frog (with the breath to match) and he attempted to kiss me goodnight. I stepped back from those protruding lips so rapidly that I tripped and fell on my rear end and began crawling backwards like the heroine in a horror film, mumbling something about the lateness of the hour. I don’t think “old ribbit” was fooled judging by his strained expression, but he attempted to smile and make some joke about Cinderella running away at midnight. Needless to say, there was no second date.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Worst first date, I have a few. But I think this one was the worst. Was meeting an online guy. We had a reasonable phone conversation. We were supposed to meet for drinks around 8ish. I chose a bar not too far from home.

And then this is where things get weird. This guy was arrogant. He thought he was a special snowflake/renaissance man. “I act. I sing. I am smart.”

Blah blah. He’d ask me normal questions. But every 10 minutes or so he’d ask a question about sex. “How do you feel about sitting on my face?” And he asked several variants on this question. At least 4 times.

I was trying to come up with ways to end this date.

But I had to wait long enough to sober up.

So we leave and he is like “well, since I don’t know if you want to sit on my face, how will I know if you like me? Don’t you want to kiss me?”

I told him good night and went home.
bahahahhahaaha. Come back with "I don't want to sit in your face but you can kiss my ..." well... that could backfire with that guy.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrodriguez View Post
Back story: When I was 18 I worked alongside this gorgeous all American type girl. Like every relationship around that age it was a quick fling that dissipated over a couple weeks, but for whatever reason I had always looked back on her as the "girl who got away."

Fast forward, EIGHT years and I get a Tinder notification as I am aimlessly strolling the wine aisle - it's her. My heart almost skipped a beat. We quickly exchange info and start healthy communication back and forth. This is when it starts to get weird - she offers to sends me nudes almost immediately. Red flag.

I sort of down play the situation and we continue to chat back and forth regularly. Three weeks later our schedules synced and I agreed to meet her at her new condo for dinner and drinks (big mistake). She opens the door and I kid you not she is at least 50lbs heavier than in her photos. I put it aside and just hoped that we could have a nice time catching up as old friends. I open the wine and right away she starts this whole story about how her ex husband was cheating on her, she became obsessed with work as a distraction, got addicted to Ambien and just checked herself out of rehab and had gained all the weight as a result (I couldn't chug my wine fast enough at this point and was quickly too buzzed to drive). I decided to take a seat on the couch to hopefully segue into a lighter topic and at this point she literally pounces on me, starts purring in my ear like a cat and starts shoving her tongue down my throat. I kissed her a few times out of sympathy and got up for the door at which point she literally grabs me forcefully, pulls me into her room and throws me on to her bed and rips my pants off. She then proceeds to tell me that she has a terrible gag reflex and a weird entry angle?? (you can't make this up). I ended up having sex with her out of sympathy. Literally after FOUR minutes she said that she had climaxed and that I could wrap things up. I ran out of that house so fast and drove home in shame.

The worst part about the story is I literally found out the next day that she had done the EXACT same thing with one of my close friends a few days before. I blocked her number immediately when she tried to make plans for a second date.
learn to say NO.
I just watched a movie - it was probably all made up - but the guy was finding excuses to not go on a second date with a lunatec girl who started obsessively calling him after a one night stand. If he would have told her clearly NO, I AM NOT INTERESTED in YOU, all the craziness that happened later on, because she still had hopes, would not have happened.

If you are being polite and half a$$ed, some people don't get the clue. You need to be firm and direct.

If you would be the girl and your described situation would have happened, I can see people on City Date calling it rape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships