Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 11:12 AM

785 posts, read 953,815 times

Advertisements

If so what was the circumstance?

Seems like people use ghosting to not give a hard talk about being relationship ready, interest, etc. Of course some people come back when the grass isn't always greener.

I'm not talking about 1-2 dates and you two coming to the conclusion that you two weren't compatible. I'm talking about multiple dates which encompassed some level of intimacy and then POOF. Gone.

I've had a girl I was talking to a few weeks due to scheduling. We finally met and we acted on our sexual chemistry. One night stand. Later she start ignoring my text until about week later I asked what was up. She basically said she felt I wanted to settle down now which she was saying she wasn't ready for a relationship.

I've ghosted one girl because she legit cussed me out and called me 20+ times in a row. A few months later we matched again and I apologized b/c I was going through a rough time myself. I also told her why we were incompatible.

My more recent one I posted about a doctor which I think it's more of a slow fade even though we've been intimate and talked for several weeks.

So let's here it. 9/10 out of us has experienced this at least once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 11:52 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Yep, ghosted by a girl for a first date. She came back two days later and blew up my phone begging for another chance, I wasn’t having it and never responded to her and ended up blocking her. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. The one time in dating I got even.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:06 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Literally ghosted, as in the person just never answered again when we had already been talking/dating regularly? No.

I've had quite a few "returns" at some later date but I didn't take the person up on it any of those times and it was after an actual breakup.

I actually wouldn't entertain such an offer if it did happen - I mean the whole ghosting thing. That's disrespectful. The person has zero respect for you or your time. Nope.

Now if it was a few texts or maybe one date and the person never returned again, I don't even know if I'd qualify that as ghosting...that's just looking to see if you're compatible enough to start dating regularly. The standard, IMO. In the "old days" this would happen and nobody called it ghosting or expected a written affidavit for the "breakup" afterward. It was common to wonder with your friends "if" he would call again. But still, in a case like that, maybe just a few exchanges or one date and never hearing back, I doubt I'd have given it all a second whirl because I'd assume if it wasn't there before, there was no reason for it to be there now.

JMO.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:05 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
Yep we were never together, however there was an obvious attraction between the both of us. Unfortunately the distance and him being in the military played a HUGE part of him fading out after nearly three years.

Now he's "haunting" me.

It's amusing.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:38 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,359,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Yep we were never together, however there was an obvious attraction between the both of us. Unfortunately the distance and him being in the military played a HUGE part of him fading out after nearly three years.

Now he's "haunting" me.

It's amusing.

Do elaborate - haunting you as in you think about him a lot, or is he actually back in your life somehow?

Old 03-23-2018, 01:44 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
I've been ghosted a few times and one tried to call me back so I did the correct thing and blocked her number.

I have zero tolerance for flakes and ghosters.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:50 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
Do elaborate - haunting you as in you think about him a lot, or is he actually back in your life somehow?
Haunting is a recent term used to describe when someone lurks on your social media. I won't go into detail since the topic is prohibited. But it's detailed here

It means nothing. I haven't blocked him because there is no point. We don't talk.

*shrugs*

Old 03-23-2018, 01:58 PM

785 posts, read 953,815 times
Quote:
Haunting is a recent term used to describe when someone lurks on your social media. I won't go into detail since the topic is prohibited. But it's detailed here

It means nothing. I haven't blocked him because there is no point. We don't talk.

*shrugs*
LOL I remember a girl who ghosted me THEN added me on SC and as soon as I posted something she blocked me.

She also noticed I think that I looked at a story of hers on IG. I was merely curious and she removed me lol.

Recent ghoster followed me then unfollowed me which was odd. I followed her *shrug* but probably will stop in a bit.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:10 PM

23,171 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Others have mentioned this before but I'll do it again.
Here's the worst part of it if the relationship had any length.
I've been 'ghosted' after two years.
May be the only way to end something that needed to be ended.
BUT...I have to convince myself it's because it was the best thing to do rather than...is he OK? Dead?Whatever?

I did have it happen once after a first date with a follow up text about how great it was and when would we see each other again.
In that case....yeah...it could be because of something dire but I just figured it was second thoughts and there was bewilderment but no emotional aspect.
(And,no, I never tried to get it touch with him to ask)

Old 03-23-2018, 03:19 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,749,660 times
Quote:

*shrugs*
I find it strange that people care if someone watches their videos. I find it strange that these sites keep track of who watches your videos as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships