Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 01:40 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,867,056 times

Advertisements

This time you won't believe who it is.

YouTube - FL - Joshua Lunsford, Mark Lunsford's son, molests a 14 year old child

I can't stop laughing honestly. He is getting a taste of his own medicine. I sure hope he pays BIG time. The law was passed with one intention but when it gets in the hands of the lawmakers and law enforcers it is being used differently. I am glad to see to his son getting the book thrown at him! hahahahahahahahah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 02:03 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,376 times
Sorry, but IMO, there are too many cases where a slightly older guy gets involved with a younger girl, they mess around and the parents of the girl don't like it so they have the boy charged with rape or whatever and then the boy gets tagged with that reputation all his life.

Just not the same thing as 50 year old men abducting boys and girls and forcing them to do sexual acts. Or even fondling children inappropriately all the while claiming abstinence and delivering communion to those same children (and yes, I just made a reference to priests). or a Daddy ding his own daughter; and the list could go on.

There's a young guy that lives around here. He was 18, his girlfriend was 17. They did what a lot of other kids do at that age and her Mommy & Daddy found out about it and had the guy charged with rape. Now he gets to be labeled a sex offender and lumped into the category of those pervs that come to mind when the words "sex offender" are brought up.

Not right, in my book.

I highly doubt Mark Lunsford's son forced some type of sexual act on the girl involved (i.e. "Molesting": To subject to unwanted or improper sexual activity).

Perhaps, he liked the girl, they meet up... started making out and... well, I don't need to draw anyone a picture.

Now... if he was wandering the country sticking his ding-ding in places people were telling him they didn't want it stuck... then that's a different story and 10 days in jail wouldn't be "getting the book thrown at him", IMO. But there's only 2 people on this Earth that know what happened. Mark Lunsford's son and the girl he was with.

I do find it disturbing that people who don't know the actual facts of what happened are taking delight and find uncontrollable humor in seeing someone get their life screwed up. But to each their own, I guess.

Last edited by canibeyou; 02-13-2009 at 02:09 AM.. Reason: Typos! :)

Old 02-13-2009, 02:07 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
I can't help but point out the contrast with the pre 1980 era. Then, such relationships were common. The 14 and 15 year olds in my school had no interest in guys until they got a job and a car. A guy who was 18 then, could already have a good job at the many local employers who provided a secure position with a decent income. While he was no intellectual, few worried about their daughters, as long as he was “a stand up type”. I can think of several marriages – still going - where the wife was under 16 when she became pregnant.

This certainly wasn't encouraged in my family but at the same time, we are hardly the types to demand such harsh penalties either.

What I see today is mainly hypocrisy. Parents now know that an eighteen year old will only have a "decent" income if he is dealing drugs. He's now expected to put another 5 to 10 years into an education before he is worthy of their daughter. They want the law on their side to keep the riff raff from “defiling” their family honour. Some laws are so strict, that the age difference can be barely two years! Yet despite this, early experience with sex, teen pregnancy and STDs are at record rates. Persecuting a few young men satisfies the public’s frustration with a problem they know they can do little to correct.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:15 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I can't help but point out the contrast with the pre 1980 era. Then, such relationships were common. The 14 and 15 year olds in my school had no interest in guys until they got a job and a car. A guy who was 18 then, could already have a good job at the many local employers who provided a secure position with a decent income. While he was no intellectual, few worried about their daughters, as long as he was “a stand up type”. I can think of several marriages – still going - where the wife was under 16 when she became pregnant.

This certainly wasn't encouraged in my family but at the same time, we are hardly the types to demand such harsh penalties either.

What I see today is mainly hypocrisy. Parents now know that an eighteen year old will only have a "decent" income if he is dealing drugs. He's now expected to put another 5 to 10 years into an education before he is worthy of their daughter. They want the law on their side to keep the riff raff from “defiling” their family honour. Some laws are so strict, that the age difference can be barely two years! Yet despite this, early experience with sex, teen pregnancy and STDs are at record rates. Persecuting a few young men satisfies the public’s frustration with a problem they know they can do little to correct.
Yes, the law is only being selectively enforced. If it were fully enforced I am sure as much as 25% of people under 18 would be charged with some sort of sex crime. Also the sex crime doesn't have to be intercourse as many mistaken. It can be sex play which includes such things as touching (for example, slapping a butt or touching a breast). It doesn't matter if it is consent or not. Child molestation is child molestation, under the law.

Also we should do DNA verification for minors getting abortions or having babies, to protect the children of course. If the father is over the age of consent/romeo juliet laws, he should be prosecuted.

I've also seen a 20/20 report that said as many as 50% of teens have sex before they are 17.5 years of age.

Lets start cracking down on this. I know this law is aimed at children and destroying families. Lets go get 'em!

Quote:
I do find it disturbing that people who don't know the actual facts of what happened are taking delight and find uncontrollable humor in seeing someone get their life screwed up.
Nothing is going to change until people start getting hurt. If it could happen to that guy's son, the guy who helped push the bill through, it could happen to anyone. Don't think giving your son the sex talk will make him not do anything. Just read the statistics on the CDC's study for teen sexual behavior. It could happen to anyone. That includes YOUR son. Then again I am not going to have kids so I could careless at this point. It is a good laugh personally.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:15 AM

EXCELLENT post, NotARedneck!

And you can add my parents to that list. Albeit, my Mom was 17, but my Dad is a couple years older. 46 years later and they're still married.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:10 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
A 14-year-old is still a child. An 18-year-old is an adult. There is an enormous gulf between the two, physically and emotionally. I'm glad he's in jail.

Lots of would-be pederasts on this board. What's the matter, boys? Can't find somebody your own age to date?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:15 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Lots of would-be pederasts on this board.
I don't think they're gay, cpg.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't think they're gay, cpg.
You're right. Bad word choice on my part. Thanks for pointing that out. Okay...child molesters. But my point remains the same. Humbert Humbert and the rest should stop hanging around the playgrounds and play with somebody their own ages.

I have a 14-year-old daughter, and if I caught an 18-year-old sniffing around, I'm totally certain that things would get ugly very, very quickly.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I have a 14-year-old daughter, and if I caught an 18-year-old sniffing around, I'm totally certain that things would get ugly very, very quickly.

And you're the kind of parent we were just talking about.

What if your 14 yr. old "fell in love" with a guy 3-4 years older, heck, even a yr. older. What if she made decisions all on her own (adult or not.. she's making decisions she wants) and a little making out leads to groping.
You're the kind of parent that is quick to slap "rape" charges on a young man. Nice way of teaching your daughter to take responsibility for her actions.

And I know PLENTY of 18 yr. olds that aren't as "mature" as you think. And I also happen to know MANY MORE 14 yr. olds trying to act like they're 18 or older. All of them, so quick to grow up.

It's amazing how the 14 yr. olds act when their parents aren't around. If ya need an idea.. hit up your local mall, where parents drop their kids off every day thinking it's a baby sitting center. If you think 14 yr. old girls don't act older, than I have some property with an ocean view I'll sell ya for a dollar... in Arizona.

But on a side note: I do find it funny when people try and use words to impress others with... and they get the definition completely wrong. Yes, this isn't about "Man-Boy Love"... but ya made me laugh anyways.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
And you're the kind of parent we were just talking about.

What if your 14 yr. old "fell in love" with a guy 3-4 years older, heck, even a yr. older. What if she made decisions all on her own (adult or not.. she's making decisions she wants) and a little making out leads to groping.
You're the kind of parent that is quick to slap "rape" charges on a young man. Nice way of teaching your daughter to take responsibility for her actions.

And I know PLENTY of 18 yr. olds that aren't as "mature" as you think. And I also happen to know MANY MORE 14 yr. olds trying to act like they're 18 or older. All of them, so quick to grow up.

It's amazing how the 14 yr. olds act when their parents aren't around. If ya need an idea.. hit up your local mall, where parents drop their kids off every day thinking it's a baby sitting center. If you think 14 yr. old girls don't act older, than I have some property with an ocean view I'll sell ya for a dollar... in Arizona.
I'm the parent you're talking about? One who looks out after his daughter? I believe that's a pretty good compliment, given how you think 14-year-olds banging 18-year-olds is a fine idea.

Apparently, I know a lot more about 14 year olds than you do, and I don't mean in the biblical sense, either. I know that they typically are not wise to the ways of the world. Oh, sure, they mimic whatever they see on television, but that's a far cry from really knowing what's real and what's not. I know that they are usually highly vulnerable to peer pressure and the need to conform. I know that a fourteen-year-old girl will be particularly susceptible and trusting of an older boy, and won't necessarily be thinking about things such as birth control or STDs. I know that a fourteen year certainly won't be prepared for the emotional issues that a sexual relationship entails. Heck, this message board is filled with twentysomethings who can't handle all the emotional aspects of sex, yet you're blithely assuming a fourteen-year-old can?

I've seen the kind whose parents were asleep at the switch (The kind you seem to prefer, since it made your dating life easier), and I've seen the kind whose parents were far too restrictive. I am neither, but I sure as heck know that a fourteen-year-old girl has zero business dating an 18-year-old boy. Anybody who knows squat about children and hasn't completely given up all responsibility knows this.

And since you apparently know nothing about parenting, I'll clue you in. Responsibility is something that is conferred on children by degrees, not just flung upon the poor girl at menarche. It's why we don't allow them to vote until age 18 and to drive until they're 16. Even then, many states are now upping driving ages to 17 or putting restrictions on drivers under the age of 18, all because of the notoriously bad judgment of kids that age.

Yet, you're perfectly happy allowing a fourteen year old get bedded by an adult. Man, I can't wait to see the kind of kids you raise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships