Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 01:56 PM

49 posts, read 23,156 times

Advertisements

I'm 25 and its the first time I've been cheated on. We broke up 3 months ago. I used to live very close her so I moved out. I haven't seen her or talked to her since I moved out (around 2 months ago). I was very much in love with her. I think about the fact that she cheated on me at least 4 times a week. I get mad and sad and I can't stop thinking about it. When I was still living close to her, I saw her with the guy that she cheated on me with, and I can't get that image out of my head. It hurts so much and I end up crying myself to sleep most nights.

Does it get better? I don't know what I should do to get over it. I definitely don't want to get back with her. That I know for sure. But I can't get over the cheating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2019, 04:14 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
It does get better, but there's nothing like that kind of pain.

It's hard to get over a true betrayal - the deception and breach of trust. You keep thinking about the times you thought things were going one way, and then when you find out, you go back over the places you were and wonder what she was doing, what she had told you so you would believe the lie, etc.

But you just have to go through a grieving process, just like you would any loss. It takes time, and sometimes intentional effort to stop thinking about it. Moving away was the best decision your could have made.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:19 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
It's get better, time helps saw off the rough edges. I was never cheated on( that I know of) but for people that have it would be a rough thing to deal with. I value loyalty very much and I don't know what I'd do if my SO did cheat on me. I think people need to also be careful to not allow this to color their views and make them paranoid of being cheated on again in the future.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:27 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Hugs

Old 10-22-2019, 04:56 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,810,468 times
If this is just a girlfriend then you can be thankful she showed her true colors before you married her. No one deserves to be cheated on. You can learn from this and find a better quality woman. Just look at it this way....sometimes the trash takes itself out. A cheater is in fact trash. You deserve better.

Old 10-22-2019, 05:14 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,057 times
Yes, it will get better, but only with time. It's like any other wound you suffer; it takes time to mend the wound.

The sense of betrayal you feel will not likely ease with time because the event that caused those feelings can't be undone. My hope for you is that you hold only her, your ex, responsible for what she did and not all women. If you hold on to a distrust for all women, you will hurt yourself more than women at large. Please don't sentence yourself to that kind of life.

Old 10-22-2019, 05:28 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
Yes, you’ll feel better and eventually you will hardly remember it. Everyone is right, it takes time.

It’s so hard at first, though! You have my sincere condolences. What a tough thing to have to go through.

Take very good care of yourself. Treat yourself as if you have the kind of sickness that only resolves itself with a healthy diet, exercise, rest, and the company of friends and family. Stay socially involved and continue to work or study as before. Being a little busy will keep your thoughts focused on the current moment. Try to sleep at night. Don’t drink too much, it only depresses your mood. Meditate and find joy in small things.

Old 10-22-2019, 06:17 PM

49 posts, read 23,156 times
Not gonna lie, I've been drinking more lately. Probably every other day. I lost all of my friends because of the break up. My ex and I had the same group of friends. I met her 7 years ago and we've had the same friends since then. We were best friends for 3 years before we started dating, thats whats so hard.

I literally have no friends now. They only hang out with her, I'm not really sure if they know what happened. I also moved far from everyone, so its hard to see them. They haven't asked about me or said anything.

I just finished grad school so I'm currently applying for jobs, so I have a lot of free time. I work out and play soccer from time to time, but I have so much free time. I spend several days without actually talking to anyone. I see some friends on weekends but thats it. I'm not from the U.S so my whole family is 2500 miles away. I have no family here. I talk to them on the phone but I don't really want to share my problems with them because they have their own problems and I don't want them to worry.

Old 10-22-2019, 06:24 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leboss12345 View Post
Not gonna lie, I've been drinking more lately. Probably every other day. I lost all of my friends because of the break up. My ex and I had the same group of friends. I met her 7 years ago and we've had the same friends since then. We were best friends for 3 years before we started dating, thats whats so hard.

I literally have no friends now. They only hang out with her, I'm not really sure if they know what happened. I also moved far from everyone, so its hard to see them. They haven't asked about me or said anything.

I just finished grad school so I'm currently applying for jobs, so I have a lot of free time. I work out and play soccer from time to time, but I have so much free time. I spend several days without actually talking to anyone. I see some friends on weekends but thats it. I'm not from the U.S so my whole family is 2500 miles away. I have no family here. I talk to them on the phone but I don't really want to share my problems with them because they have their own problems and I don't want them to worry.
That happens sometimes when you build your whole world around one person. It does make things more difficult.

Stay as busy as possible. Cut back on the drinking. Hopefully you'll get a job that takes you to a new and interesting place where you can get a new start.

Old 10-22-2019, 06:40 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times
This TED talk is perfect for you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k0GQSJrpVhM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships