Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 09:19 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,265,611 times

Advertisements

I just got written up today. I am a very easy going, passive introverted individual. I always avoid confrontations of any sort. I suck it up and just let things be. But not today. I have a severe cold/cough/allergy funk on me I just don't feel like sucking it up anymore. So one of the parts delivery drivers comes looking for a part that I sold yesterday and was supposed to be pulled and ready for delivery. Someone told him that I had it, which I did not because all parts are pulled by another person. This person "forgot" to pull the part and the driver came up to me with a real nasty attitude, barking at me asking where was the part. At the same time, I am on the phone with a customer and the driver starts to curse at me. I put the customer on hold, got up and walked up to him and told him to "never speak to me in that effing tone of voice". He continued to curse at me and came closer with his hand pointed at my face. I walked up to him even closer, smack his hand out of my face and told him a few things and came this close from tearing his head off. This guy has been talking to me like crap for some time now.
Everybody was awed because they know the kind of person I am so they were very surprised. The funny thing I had spoken to the wife 15 minutes before the whole thing happened and I told her I had a feeling I was going to "have it out" with someone today. So I got called to the office and the boss told me he knows the type of person I am and that he didn't expect me to act in a unprofessional way and that it could have been handled a different way.
After signing the write up, I took a walk to 7-11 and had a RedBull. I am happy now and having a wonderful day but still feel sick.
How's everyone's day going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 09:24 AM

462 posts, read 966,590 times
You go Cat!

Today is a much better day for me. Yesterday was my crappy day! So far so good today! Hope you feel better!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:26 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,494,818 times
Good grief! Everyone has their limits. Good for you. Some people take full advantage of that whole "The customer is always right" nonsense. Bullsh*t. This is why I work for myself.

My day started off wonderfully. It's beautiful out, my doggie and I just went for a short walk. Lovely day, so far.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:28 AM

648 posts, read 1,637,606 times
I'm at work so like the day you are having so far could easily happen to any of us. Well, my day is working out so far!!

Making Strawberry Milkshakes when I get home!!!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:46 AM

35,944 posts, read 30,488,406 times
Its rainy and nasty outside, my house is a mess, Im out of horse feed and only have 4 bales of hay in the barn so I have lots of errands to do after work. I have to do some algal identifications today which I hate with a passion. Im going to stay at my bfs tonight to make him happy so I wont get to play with my puppy, but I wont have to listen to the tall tales of the homeless guy who is driving me nuts that Im letting live in my driveway until he gets his vehicle fixed. I havent yelled at anyone today, yet.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:46 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,584,839 times
Some days, we can`t hold it in.
Last few days, I feel like poo-poo!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:48 AM

77,755 posts, read 59,900,878 times
I've been sick and a little stressed\depressed lately...trying to put my finger on the causes but I think some of it is seasonal and some of it is just the grind of the whole (new) single-parent thing and stressing over whether I'm doing right by my kids and doing a good job raising them.

However, on the plus side I am actually going to get a bonus at work (I expected zero and it is a substantial amount of money), I am going to see my gf tonight after not seeing her for 3 days due to her and I taking turns being sick etc. and one of my kids is participating in regional math competition tonight and basically is going to whupp some A$$ lol.

I have to pull my head out of my hind-end and appreciate my life a little more, half-full not half-empty type stuff.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:52 AM

28,840 posts, read 30,088,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I just got written up today. I am a very easy going, passive introverted individual. I always avoid confrontations of any sort. I suck it up and just let things be. But not today. I have a severe cold/cough/allergy funk on me I just don't feel like sucking it up anymore. So one of the parts delivery drivers comes looking for a part that I sold yesterday and was supposed to be pulled and ready for delivery. Someone told him that I had it, which I did not because all parts are pulled by another person. This person "forgot" to pull the part and the driver came up to me with a real nasty attitude, barking at me asking where was the part. At the same time, I am on the phone with a customer and the driver starts to curse at me. I put the customer on hold, got up and walked up to him and told him to "never speak to me in that effing tone of voice". He continued to curse at me and came closer with his hand pointed at my face. I walked up to him even closer, smack his hand out of my face and told him a few things and came this close from tearing his head off. This guy has been talking to me like crap for some time now.
Everybody was awed because they know the kind of person I am so they were very surprised. The funny thing I had spoken to the wife 15 minutes before the whole thing happened and I told her I had a feeling I was going to "have it out" with someone today. So I got called to the office and the boss told me he knows the type of person I am and that he didn't expect me to act in a unprofessional way and that it could have been handled a different way.
After signing the write up, I took a walk to 7-11 and had a RedBull. I am happy now and having a wonderful day but still feel sick.
How's everyone's day going?
oh boy, I'm so so sorry this happened to you, but cha know, talk about Karma and positive thought, you literally allowed it to happen. I mean you didn't ask the guy to be rude and challenging to you, but, you did allow him to bring you down to his level.

This is always my downfall...I hate myself and get so upset after the fact, if someone pushes me and I loose it...I'm more mad at myself for loosing it, then at the person who pushed me.

On the other hand, the man who went in your face, should have also been repromanded...and I'm thinking, if your boss had seen it, he may have even come to your defense....but, sometimes being a leader, you have to make unpopular decissions, what you do for one, you must do by everyone. Therefore, perhaps he hated the fact of having to give this write up to you, but had to...do you know what I mean. Put yourself in his position.

So, I'm interested in knowing, how do you really feel about this...

Come er' hun, sit down, lets talk....

Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,143,953 times
I'm still grumpy this morning. My wife insisted that I drive her to work this morning so that I'll have to pick her up tonight. The reason? Because we need to go grocery shopping when she gets off work, and "you know I don't like to go out again once I get home from work."

Yeah, well I don't like to go out in the morning!

Where's my coffee?

Old 02-18-2009, 09:54 AM

28,840 posts, read 30,088,362 times
today is a really good day for me...
I adopted a rescue Bichon and I'm enchanted by this little dog. He is so good, such a gentleman, and so willing to please. He's loving and kind hearted. I've never had a little dog before in my life, but I am in love with this guy...

I'm the one with seperation anxiety...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships