Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 02:52 PM

378 posts, read 772,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
But it's true about the disconnect between looks and skill. I remember a girl in college I was really hot for. She was drop-dead gorgeous and had a killer body. When I finally slept with her, it was a disappointment. Most guys finish too early. With her, I had the opposite problem.
Admiring her too much instead of concentrating on the task at hand? Hmmm..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 04:46 PM

438 posts, read 946,921 times
I don't mind discussing some sexual stuff with my closest friends...sometimes it is fun to compare and laugh at ourselves. "You did it where? Wow, I'm impressed!" or "Hey, have you ever tried....?" It's not bragging, it's just....entertaining
However, my best pal is waaaaay more open about this stuff than I am; thanks to that I know how, er, large her guy is, how long he takes to do his thing, his bedroom quirks....all kinds of information I never needed or wanted to know. I don't give such info in return.
Actually in the earlier stages of dating my bf, I overheard him talking to one of his guy friends, who was inquiring if we had "done the deed" or how far we'd gotten. BF kept his mouth shut. I thought that was cool of him.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:28 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
I don't mind discussing some sexual stuff with my closest friends...sometimes it is fun to compare and laugh at ourselves. "You did it where?
I remember when I was in college, a group of us were drinking and asking each other where was the strangest place they ever had sex. The ditsy one of the group said, with a completely straight face, "Up the ass." I guess we shouldn't have asked her first.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:39 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan
I have found over the years that really beautiful women tend to be arrogant and that arrogance sometimes spills over to the bed. Hence the feeling that shes doing me a favor. No thanks. Give me a less pretty lady with sexual talent any day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I wonder if women feel the same way about the really hot guys, like they think any woman who sleeps with them should consider herself lucky and that he doesn't have to be so concerned about pleasing her.
There may be more of an opposite effect. These are the guys with experience. Bombshells don't have to put out so they have less experience, but few men care, at least at first.

However, in general, men have been accused of not being interested in pleasing women for the past 40 years. (Before that, it was not discussed) However, I wonder how many communicate what they want and are still disappointed? Now THAT should be the deal breaker, not a lack of experience.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane
But it's true about the disconnect between looks and skill. I remember a girl in college I was really hot for. She was drop-dead gorgeous and had a killer body. When I finally slept with her, it was a disappointment. Most guys finish too early. With her, I had the opposite problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyBeing View Post
Admiring her too much instead of concentrating on the task at hand? Hmmm..
No, performance anxiety!

Old 02-20-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I remember when I was in college, a group of us were drinking and asking each other where was the strangest place they ever had sex. The ditsy one of the group said, with a completely straight face, "Up the ass." I guess we shouldn't have asked her first.
Was it over a desk in class or over the hood of a car in the parking lot?

Surely, you were ready with a follow up question, to get the conservation back on topic!

Old 02-20-2009, 10:04 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,548,321 times
Bragging about that with his buddies is really disgusting. I was involved with someone for a few years, and we were both on the same online board (back in the Dark Ages there were BBSes - bulletin board systems, pre-Internet!). They had "private" forums, where they were locked out to only women or only men, etc. Well, on the private men's forum, someone asked who was a good kisser. That was a lively topic, and then someone brought up another sexual activity. My then boyfriend posted about me - in glowing terms! Next thing I know, I got a private message from some sleazy guy that said, "Hey, Ms. Notorious." Euuuww! I made my BF delete his post immediately, and he apologized and said that he hadn't really been thinking. Uh, yeah, guess not!

A man who cares about the woman he's with doesn't want other men visualizing her naked, so he'd keep this info strictly to himself.

Also, this should all be private. Why does the whole world have to know about your intimate activities?!

Old 02-21-2009, 07:17 AM

838 posts, read 1,876,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post

Also, this should all be private. Why does the whole world have to know about your intimate activities?!
Exactly.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:29 PM

9,414 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I'm a pretty private person overall, there are certain things I just don't discuss much. Sex is not off limits but some particulars are just not open for discussion. I can understand talking about a one night stand, or someone you're really not going anywhere with. But the SO is pretty sacred to me.

I didn't find out until much later that my ex would go to work and thump his chest about our sex life (many of his friends worked with him). I'm far from being a prude, but I wasn't happy with it and told him as much. He said it was just guy talk and his way of "marking his territory" (he insisted a couple of his friends were hitting on me - they weren't). I told him if he was concerned to the point of marking his territory, then he made a huge mistake. They are ultimately men, and all he has done is arouse their curiosity. And as a personal matter, I'm not his fire hydrant.

When we broke up, sure enough, one of them asked me out on a date. And he told me that as a man, my ex's biggest mistake was inviting them into our bedroom.

I personally don't discuss much in that area with women for the same reason. I'm not possessive, but I'm not going to contribute to temptation.

What about youze guys?

This topic is for discussion between the two people involved only, as far as I'm concerned.

People who talk it up are insecure, immature, idiotic, and definitely good riddance material.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:34 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
You have to brag? Hmmm....your either a loser, feelin` insecure, or a big head, who wants to let others know...."Hey, look what I had/ got!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships