Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:03 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times

Advertisements

What about discussing things realistically BEFORE jumping in the sack and creating a situation where the OP thinks he's being victimized?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 09:10 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,946 times
You can apply this scenerio in about 5 forums on City Data.

He and she decided to lay down and do the do. If he was so concerned about all of this, he should have discussed it before runnin up in her. That's dealing with the consequences of your actions. Grow up.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:13 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlineerik View Post
First of all this has never happened to me (thank whoever invented the condom)

But let's make up a realistic scenario (Scenario A) that I think happens pretty frequent.
1. Boy meets girl
2. They get attracted to eachother
3. they sleep together (no condoms or pills involved)
4. Girl gets pregnant
5. the girl decides to have the baby although he is argiung for his life, trying to make her do an abortion.

Does it seem right to you that the boy doesn't get to say anything? After all he is gonna have to take part in raising the kid or at least pay child-support if it's born.
Should the rule be that if either one of the parents says "no" then there has to be an abort?
Or let's take the same scenario (scenario B) except that she tells him right befre the act as he is backing out since he can't find his condom that it's not needed, since she takes preventive pills?
Or scenario C, she tells him she is pregnant although she isn't to keep him with her or whatever(an old classic but still) what do you think about that?

(STDs are not considered part of the arguing here just to keep the debate about the pregnancy and responsibility part)

Sorry for any linguistic errors, it's not my motherlanguage.
The boy has one opportunity to "say something" and that is when he decides to have UNPROTECTED sex out of wedlock. He can always keep his pecker in his pants and then not have to worry about it.

It's always the best solution.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-20-2009, 09:23 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,177,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
The father can have a court prohibit her from having an abortion. If she doesn't want the child, she should allow dad to raise it. Or give the baby up to a family who can't have one of their own.
While it is true that it takes two to tango, the decision to carry a child ultimately falls on the woman, not the man. I know of no court that has prohibited an adult woman from seeking a lawful abortion over the objection of the father.

Indeed, to do so would fly directly in the face of U.S. Supreme Court precedent that has held that a man may NOT have a veto over a woman's abortion decision. The Court held in 1976 that since "it is the woman who physically bears the child and who is the more directly and immediately affected by the pregnancy, as between the two [i.e. the mother and the father] the balance weighs in her favor."

Old 02-20-2009, 09:25 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
What these people don't seem to get is that a parent can want to keep their baby, just because it is their baby to keep. Some people don't feel there is another option. They don't see fault or blame. It is what it is and that's that.

It's the dumb ass who had unprotected sex and left their "future in her hands" who wants to make abortion a form of birth control just so they can "feel" everything and bust a nut.

Aside from the fact that it is totally hypocritical to suggest that a child should be aborted if both parents aren't on board. Doesn't that make him the only one who has a say?

Old 02-20-2009, 09:44 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
While it is true that it takes two to tango, the decision to carry a child ultimately falls on the woman, not the man. I know of no court that has prohibited an adult woman from seeking a lawful abortion over the objection of the father.

Indeed, to do so would fly directly in the face of U.S. Supreme Court precedent that has held that a man may NOT have a veto over a woman's abortion decision. The Court held in 1976 that since "it is the woman who physically bears the child and who is the more directly and immediately affected by the pregnancy, as between the two [i.e. the mother and the father] the balance weighs in her favor."
Then, I stand corrected. Though I could have sworn I read about it a while back. My bad.

ETA: Found it. But it was a temporary order that was granted, so still my bad.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/...in516284.shtml

Old 02-20-2009, 12:13 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,577,641 times
WHEN will men get it to PROTECT his seed and where he will plant it? It is NOT candy to be passed around to everyone in the streets/bars/neighborhood. I have said for a LONG time that men need to be more selective of WHO they make a child with, once there is a child, you are forever connected to her, no matter who, what or how she is.

I would no more believe a woman who says she is on birth control anymore than I would a man who said he was. Protect your seed and be more selective WHERE you plant it! (I hope he insists on a DNA test)

Old 02-20-2009, 12:18 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,846 times
Boy should have listened to dad about them letting you out after 9 months, and we liked being in their thrawl so much we spend the rest of our adult lives trying to get back in.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:23 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,543,192 times
Whether you like it or not, he gave his consent the second he had unprotected sex.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:39 PM

960 posts, read 1,163,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
Always where a condom! It is that simple. I raised a son and from the time I started talking opening about sex education I stressed to him the importance of protecting himself.
Absolutely. I'd go so far as to stress the importance of flushing the condom down the toilet, to ensure the seed is lost. Some women are that deceitful; after all, they win a mini-lottery (kids they want, and 18 years of $$ to raise them) if the guy takes responsibility for a pregnancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships