Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:28 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,843,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
You gonna clog your lines if you keep flushing rubbers
Your place or her's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 07:30 PM

2,437 posts, read 7,001,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlineerik View Post
First of all this has never happened to me (thank whoever invented the condom)

But let's make up a realistic scenario (Scenario A) that I think happens pretty frequent.
1. Boy meets girl
2. They get attracted to eachother
3. they sleep together (no condoms or pills involved)
4. Girl gets pregnant
5. the girl decides to have the baby although he is argiung for his life, trying to make her do an abortion.

Does it seem right to you that the boy doesn't get to say anything? After all he is gonna have to take part in raising the kid or at least pay child-support if it's born.
Should the rule be that if either one of the parents says "no" then there has to be an abort?
Or let's take the same scenario (scenario B) except that she tells him right befre the act as he is backing out since he can't find his condom that it's not needed, since she takes preventive pills?
Or scenario C, she tells him she is pregnant although she isn't to keep him with her or whatever(an old classic but still) what do you think about that?

(STDs are not considered part of the arguing here just to keep the debate about the pregnancy and responsibility part)

Sorry for any linguistic errors, it's not my motherlanguage.
Screw all of your scenarios.. try this one

1b. Abstain from sex and you do not have to worry about it either way.. if you cant do that.. then be ready to deal with her..

Old 02-20-2009, 07:49 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,843,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
Guys who are worried about the women getting pregnant with used condoms....who are you sleeping with??? If you can't trust a partner not to knock herself up that way as a method of draining you of money...I mean...you've got issues.
Oh please! The guy's got issues?!?! No he's horny and potentially unlucky.

If you are a good looking guy or have a high paying career (or family money) and especially if you have both, there is a high risk of this occurring. Many such women are deluded enough to think that this will seal the deal. And if it doesn't there's a sure fire fall back position.

But if all such women are "skanks", perhaps you can help with a sure fire "skank" test, if that will get by the site's net nanny. Start a new thread today! Should be fun.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:55 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Oh please! The guy's got issues?!?! No he's horny and potentially unlucky.

If you are a good looking guy or have a high paying career (or family money) and especially if you have both, there is a high risk of this occurring. Many such women are deluded enough to think that this will seal the deal. And if it doesn't there's a sure fire fall back position.

But if all such women are "skanks", perhaps you can help with a sure fire "skank" test, if that will get by the site's net nanny. Start a new thread today! Should be fun.
There's a high risk of this occurring? Please tell me how frequently women have knocked themselves up using a used condom from a rich man. I'm dying to know!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:00 PM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
There's a high risk of this occurring? Please tell me how frequently women have knocked themselves up using a used condom from a rich man. I'm dying to know!
I think I have read about this happening...but high risk?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:29 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,189,850 times
Well I got a girl pregnant I left went into the Service.She had a Girl.well she was hundreds of miles away.Well when I got a divorce from my first wife.She moved with my Sons back to the area the Girl was.

Well I had never told my Sons of this Girl,come to find out one of my Boys was dating his Half Sister.I had to have atalk with him.

Then I got a Married woman pregnant,she had a girl.I have never seen her.I asked my wife about trying to contact her,my wife says forget about that.

Oh well I know

hillman

Old 02-20-2009, 08:30 PM

960 posts, read 1,159,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
(From Slate after a rash of columns on the Bristol Palin interview)
[Adoption] is seldom happening anymore. What is it about our society and culture that has suddenly made this so unacceptable?
I think it has a lot to do with the money, from child support and welfare. As an extreme example, would Octomom be looking for a $1.25 million house today, had she adopted out her kids? She made good money on welfare before the octuplets too. In the days of yore, single women had a more difficult time raising the child, and society was tough on them. Now they can not only have the kid they want, they also get the money to raise it, so they needn't work or can work part-time. And it's mostly socially accepted unless you have 8 kids at once.

In Bristol Palin's case, she virtually guaranteed that she'll never have to work outside the home. Get her GED, tell the nanny what to do, that's it. She's all cozy & protected at Mommy's house, until Levi (or whatever his name is) starts earning some dough at the cushy state job his MIL gets him. (Assuming they get married. Palin's future rests on him!)

Old 02-20-2009, 08:32 PM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Well I got a girl pregnant I left went into the Service.She had a Girl.well she was hundreds of miles away.Well when I got a divorce from my first wife.She moved with my Sons back to the area the Girl was.

Well I had never told my Sons of this Girl,come to find out one of my Boys was dating his Half Sister.I had to have atalk with him.

Then I got a Married woman pregnant,she had a girl.I have never seen her.I asked my wife about trying to contact her,my wife says forget about that.

Oh well I know

hillman

Old 02-20-2009, 08:39 PM

960 posts, read 1,159,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Screw all of your scenarios.. try this one

1b. Abstain from sex and you do not have to worry about it either way.. if you cant do that.. then be ready to deal with her..
That wouldn't be as fun. Better to have fun and prevent pregnancy.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:11 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,027,723 times
Dlineerik: Sounds like you need to enter the real world. It also sounds like this might possibly be happening to YOU.

Be that as it may...your arguments are full of holes--the holes of irresponsibility. You want to have your cake and eat it, too. If you don't want to risk a baby, then 1) keep your peter in your pants or 2) put a raincoat on peter. Simple as that. You sound like one of these typical kids who wants to do whatever they want and don't want to take responsibility. Here's a news flash--life is full of responsibilities. Unprotected sex can result in serious consequences. If you're not mature enough to recognize and accept those consequences, then perhaps you're not mature enough to have sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships