Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 AM

58 posts, read 139,597 times

Advertisements

First of all this has never happened to me (thank whoever invented the condom)

But let's make up a realistic scenario (Scenario A) that I think happens pretty frequent.
1. Boy meets girl
2. They get attracted to eachother
3. they sleep together (no condoms or pills involved)
4. Girl gets pregnant
5. the girl decides to have the baby although he is argiung for his life, trying to make her do an abortion.

Does it seem right to you that the boy doesn't get to say anything? After all he is gonna have to take part in raising the kid or at least pay child-support if it's born.
Should the rule be that if either one of the parents says "no" then there has to be an abort?
Or let's take the same scenario (scenario B) except that she tells him right befre the act as he is backing out since he can't find his condom that it's not needed, since she takes preventive pills?
Or scenario C, she tells him she is pregnant although she isn't to keep him with her or whatever(an old classic but still) what do you think about that?

(STDs are not considered part of the arguing here just to keep the debate about the pregnancy and responsibility part)

Sorry for any linguistic errors, it's not my motherlanguage.

Last edited by dlineerik; 02-20-2009 at 08:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 08:19 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
6. Boy becomes man. A responsible man mind you.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:24 AM

Which means what? he's stuck with a kid since he can't do anything about her pregnancy? (unless he drugs her and makes the abortion himself or any other really illigal way of doing it)

Old 02-20-2009, 08:31 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlineerik View Post
First of all this has never happened to me (thank whoever invented the condom)

But let's make up a realistic scenario (Scenario A) that I think happens pretty frequent.
1. Boy meets girl
2. They get attracted to eachother
3. they sleep together (no condoms or pills involved)
4. Girl gets pregnant
5. the girl decides to have the baby

Does it seem right to you that the boy doesn't get to say anything? After all he is gonna have to take part in raising the kid or at least pay child-support if it's born. Should the rule be that if either one of the parents says "no" then there has to be an abort?
A thousand times NO.

"Boys" have a say every day. They walk away, and neither the child nor the mother have any say in that. If I had to choose between aborting and letting you go, buh bye. Why should two of us have to suffer because you don't want to be a dad?

Quote:
Or let's take the same scenario (scenario B) except that she tells him right befre the act as he is backing out since he can't find his condom that it's not needed, since she takes preventive pills?
LAME. Laying the blame on her doesn't change the fact that you both created a baby. Again, leave if you want to, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're right to do so.

I realize you don't want to talk STD's, but who would you blame if she didn't get pregant but gave you an STD? The same logic applies. Little head was thinking where the big head wasn't.

Quote:
Or scenario C, she tells him she is pregnant although she isn't to keep him with her or whatever(an old classic but still) what do you think about that?
Dump her.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:31 AM

563 posts, read 1,025,496 times
Always where a condom! It is that simple. I raised a son and from the time I started talking opening about sex education I stressed to him the importance of protecting himself. I asked him to imagine his life fathering a baby with a woman he wouldn't be sharing a life with, but would be paying child support to for 18 yrs. I, being a woman, also told him that there are a lot of dishonest and deceitful woman out there that will tell a man she is on the pill (or whatever) but really isn't. He is 30 yrs old now and doesn't have any children because they weren't in his plans yet and he did follow my advice to be responsible by not bringing unwanted/unplanned children into the world. Also, he witnessed his idiot friends (men) who have been making babies since HS and calling them "accidents". Oh please! Wear condoms guys. It is your own life so take responsibility. If you, or she, don't have any condoms then why the heck are you getting so hot and bothered? And hey, guess what? You can always NOT have sex if you don't have a condom on hand. It won't be the end of the world. This unprotected sex thing has been going on for so long you would think people would know better by now, wouldn't you? Back in the '50's my parents, high schoolers at the time, had no-condom sex and then came me. Idiots!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:32 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
Quote:
Which means what? he's stuck with a kid since he can't do anything about her pregnancy? (unless he drugs her and makes the abortion himself or any other really illigal way of doing it)

Well, both of them know what happens when you have unprotected sex. So it could have been avoided from the beginning.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
And hey, guess what? You can always NOT have sex if you don't have a condom on hand. It won't be the end of the world.
Don't let that secret out. The real estate is nice in the state of denial.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:37 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
re love & game playing. many think when 2 humans join its bout love. rarely so.
immemorial games are played within a framework, babies are a trump card for a 1,000 things.
humans play games, its in us. when the game is over & you cease to be of use to them, they forget even your name. that is their nature. its about the game. its nothing personal.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-20-2009 at 08:46 AM..

Old 02-20-2009, 08:44 AM

Personally I'd never do it without a condom, but hypotheticly it's still wierd to me that the guy doesn't have a saying at all.
After all this planet is overcrowded, so why have babies if both parts doesn't want em?

If a girl gets pregnant and she wants to do an abort, but he wants to keep it (like in Friday night lights, the series) she can always go make an abortion...(which is correct at leat in my mind, one part wants out=no deal)

Old 02-20-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Personally I'd never do it without a condom, but hypotheticly it's still wierd to me that the guy doesn't have a saying at all.
After all this planet is overcrowded, so why have babies if both parts doesn't want em?
So, kill the baby because mom or dad doesn't want it. Adoption is an option, but that won't be enough. Because the bottom line is that it would be easier on HIS conscience for her to give into his wishes and abort the child.

Quote:
If a girl gets pregnant and she wants to do an abort, but he wants to keep it (like in Friday night lights, the series) she can always go make an abortion...(which is correct at leat in my mind, one part wants out=no deal)
The father can have a court prohibit her from having an abortion. If she doesn't want the child, she should allow dad to raise it. Or give the baby up to a family who can't have one of their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships