Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times

Advertisements

Awww it is ok to be what you are. I have an open door policy, let me know if you need any advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Why do you feel sorry for me? Because I'm funny, or a good *** hag or a disaster in a relationship?

I'm doing just fine. I don't believe one has to have a partner in life to be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 12:57 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Is that your inner-teen coming out right now? Does it need to be validated and held?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
WHAT ??? Maybe that's my problem...

I have a twisted, somewhat sarcastic tone to my sense of humor...maybe I should curb it, huh ! Nah, I like my sarcasm, no guy is worth giving that up...

Old 02-24-2009, 12:10 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
A young women who worked for the college I attended in my early twenties caught my attention because she was so bright. I did not know it at the time but she developed a serious crush on me. She was very attractive but I knew she was a lesbian and thought she did not see me as a possible boyfriend. In fact she was a sweet heart to me. When her lover/girlfriend found out her feelings for me she made certain to keep us apart.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:40 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,606 times
Default Funny Women Don't Often Impress Men

I have gone by this posting several times because I think I might be one of worlds biggest (and maybe oldest) smart asses. I am 61 years old and have been told that I have a quick and at times smart assed sense of humor. I try real hard to hold stuff in but sometimes I don't know what happens, my brain goes into hyper drive and the stuff that comes out of my mouth most of the time needs to be censored. I also think that had it not been for my smart assed attitude, I would not have survived my first marriage. Example:

One COLD Maine evening (northern Maine), I get a phone call from a bar, 17 miles away, that my ex is there and is falling down drunk...normal for him. They want me to drive out there to pick him up and take him home. All I had to drive at that time was a ton pick up truck with a flat bed, no brakes, just a hand brake. I had a small child and would have to get a sitter. So...after the third phone call, I decide to go get his butt wad. Off I go, 17 miles through the woods roads, no streetlights in my ton pickup with a flat bed attached..no brakes. I get to the bar and his "buddies" want to put him in the cab. Yeah, right! I told them no way, put him on the back and chain him to the sideboards with the logging chains I had on there. So....they do! Again, I go bumping and banging over these dark woods roads with my drunk ex on the back of this truck. We get home, his mustache is covered with ice crystals but as pickled as he is, he is alive. I jump on the back of this truck and unlock the chains and tell him to come in when he is ready. He spent yet ANOTHER 3 hours or more on the back of this truck. Wiseass move? Yup...did he stop drinking...NOPE..he is still a drunk and believe it or not found a woman who doesn't care.

Have I as the ultimate smartass ever married again..YUP..twice more. My second husband passed away very young and my present husband is 10 years younger and loves me to death!

Old 02-27-2009, 05:18 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
I hope the last words that roll off my tongue give the people with me something to chuckle at through their tears.

I want them to say at my funeral how I was a smart azz.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:42 PM

647 posts, read 2,083,331 times
I am more attracted to the "playful" type of woman rather than a woman who is funny in a comedian kind of way.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:24 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I hope the last words that roll off my tongue give the people with me something to chuckle at through their tears.

I want them to say at my funeral how I was a smart azz.
Wouldn't you rather have people say "What a piece of as*!!"

Old 02-27-2009, 07:11 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Wouldn't you rather have people say "What a piece of as*!!"
No, I wouldn't.

I would rather be remembered for my wit and brains.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:19 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
I'll bet you a $1 someone in that viewing room is gonna think what I s-a-i-d.. Hahaha!

Old 02-27-2009, 07:29 PM

259 posts, read 840,595 times
Giving up my funnyness is like loosing my right arm. I just can't do it. I feel like we do too much for these men already. Next thing you know their gonna tell us to have no personality at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships