Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 10:24 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,762,350 times

Advertisements

Some women are shallow enough that that would turn them off a guy, thankfully many aren't. The former aren't even worth having as your girlfriend anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 10:02 AM

35,911 posts, read 30,461,955 times
Quote:
Some women are shallow enough that that would turn them off a guy, thankfully many aren't. The former aren't even worth having as your girlfriend anyway.
Why is it considered shallow if something about a person throws up a red flag? What if instead of a virgin at 22 the guy had slept with over 1000 people. Would you be suspicous then? Would that make you shallow.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:51 PM

1,152 posts, read 3,190,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why is it considered shallow if something about a person throws up a red flag? What if instead of a virgin at 22 the guy had slept with over 1000 people. Would you be suspicous then? Would that make you shallow.
Forgive me, I don't mean to be mean/rude, but I think the problem is what you consider a red flag. Almost everyone would consider someone saying they had slept with a 1000 people a red flag - if nothing else it is likely gross exaggeration, which is a red flag on its own.

However, the fact you consider virginity a "red flag" at all, based apparently on limited experience with a few friends is, in my mind, the issue.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:11 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,389,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahutch View Post
Forgive me, I don't mean to be mean/rude, but I think the problem is what you consider a red flag. Almost everyone would consider someone saying they had slept with a 1000 people a red flag - if nothing else it is likely gross exaggeration, which is a red flag on its own.

However, the fact you consider virginity a "red flag" at all, based apparently on limited experience with a few friends is, in my mind, the issue.
She's also talking about a 21 year old virgin being a "red flag." Is she (presumably as an adult) actually advocating teenage sex? I know most of us had it, yes. But honestly do any of us think it was a good choice?

If you don't think that teenagers should be having sex, you're giving the guy less than two years to lose his virginity.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:12 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,895,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
If u found out a descent looking friendly maybe flirty guy 22 is a virgin, would u think less or oddly or suspicious of him?
If he's 22, he's not worth looking at to begin with. Virgins even more so, sorry.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:54 PM

35,911 posts, read 30,461,955 times
Quote:
Yes I agree, but does that make most everyone shallow?

Quote:
I dont consider virginity a red flag but a non religious, good looking, friendly, flirty 22 yr old male virgin would make me wonder why he is still a virgin and knowing this is not the norm and given my experience with 22 yr old virgins, albeit limited, I would be suspicious. Dosent mean I would disregard this person if I were interested in a relationship but I would find out if he were of high moral standards waiting to marry before he "gives it up" or just another weirdo.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:31 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,621,109 times
exactly, since when is virginity a red flag? maybe if they are in their 40's or 50's(excluding people who have taken vows of celibacy for religious reasons) but not for a young person.

kids these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahutch View Post

Old 02-27-2009, 04:40 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,073,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
She's also talking about a 21 year old virgin being a "red flag." Is she (presumably as an adult) actually advocating teenage sex? I know most of us had it, yes. But honestly do any of us think it was a good choice?

If you don't think that teenagers should be having sex, you're giving the guy less than two years to lose his virginity.

What is this obsession with "teen sex" on the relationship forum?

Are you peeps just a bunch of perverts or what.

I do not consider 18+ years of age to be "teen". Sorry. That is the age, in this country and in our culture, where one is allowed to make "adult" decisions.

"22" says to me that this person has completed (or will soon be graduating from) college. College is where many, if not most, of us experiment with our sexuality. Try alcohol. Vote. In a [ok two] word: become adults.

I would be just as curious about a person's motivations for remaining a virgin until the age of 22 as I would be if I found out the same person had never tasted beer nor cast a ballot. It's not a deal-breaker, but it does elicit an explanation.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:03 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,830,635 times
I thought women wanted men with self control (and no "cooties"). Did I miss something?

Is he untrainable?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:27 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,595,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
If he's 22, he's not worth looking at to begin with. Virgins even more so, sorry.
so I take it ur 40 and content with anyone seasoned with their f stick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships