Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 07:00 AM

36,029 posts, read 30,543,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
But when soul ties are created, there should be a bond of matrimony which is recognized by the holy spirit.
Marriage is not a union of souls, its a legal, binding business agreement. If you dont believe it get divorced!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 08:52 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,697,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
But they're not joined in marriage in the eyes of God.

Thats a sin.
And you think it's YOUR right, as a human, to judge others' lives as sinful because.....

You need to explain to me how you, a human that also does sinful things and not a God, think you can label sins on others...

Old 10-31-2008, 08:58 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,139,099 times
Quote:
I think its wrong. I think people should be married if they are living together. Its a form of adultry.

I think that if two people are living together outside of marriage, all sorts of problem could arise. I'm not judging people who do, but I think its a big mistake.

Discuss.
Who cares.....as long as they are happy.

You contradict yourself by starting this post then saying you don't judge them you are judging them....very much so actually. Soooo...i'm not a major religo but wouldnt' that be a sin????

Old 10-31-2008, 09:04 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,596,922 times
I think it's the stupidest, most horrible mistake you could possibly make to live together only AFTER you are married. You need a test run to find other annoying habits you might not be able to live with. Of course, some people would wrongly say that if you're already married, you HAVE to adapt to these annoying habits, so that makes it ok somehow.

In all fairness, because I'm a fair sort of guy who does care about the facts -- studies indicate living together before marriage decreases the likelihood of your marriage lasting. I don't understand these studies, I question them, but there are studies to prove that.

I'm not a Christian. I'm an atheist. I wouldn't marry a girl if I hadn't lived with her first. That's right for me. I wouldn't marry a girl at all most likely but especially not if I hadn't lived with her first. So take that for what you will. The studies disagree with my opinion, but it was a generalized study and there is a right and wrong for everyone.

I detest religion, however, and I don't think you need to be married to love another person. I think if I believed in love, which I don't think I really do, that love transcends all boundaries, whether it's legal or anything else, and that love doesn't care if you are married or not. Marrying someone, getting a legal certificate and having a ceremony, doesn't make feelings or logic any more valid.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:17 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,540,417 times
Quote:
I think its wrong. I think people should be married if they are living together. Its a form of adultry.

I think that if two people are living together outside of marriage, all sorts of problem could arise. I'm not judging people who do, but I think its a big mistake.

Discuss.

It's the only way I want to live. I don't want the government approving my relationship. If I declare my commitment to another person before God, I need no other witness.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:51 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,835,585 times
I don't really believe in marriage or living together with anyone. Just look at Jessica Simpson and Nick .....

Old 10-31-2008, 02:41 PM

Oh sure, like Jessica and Nick "should" be the examples of married couples nowadays..

NOT!

Old 10-31-2008, 02:45 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,835,585 times
^ have you seen the statistics? Marriage is a disgrace these days. Jessica and Nick are the perfect example of the modern day disgrace marriage.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:48 PM

13,562 posts, read 21,327,692 times
I think it is none of your business what people do most of all passing laws as long as their lives don't effect yours.If you don't like someone then don't associate with them,but don't nanny them either.

As far as God and sin,worry about your own sins and let God worry about everybody elses.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
^ have you seen the statistics? Marriage is a disgrace these days. Jessica and Nick are the perfect example of the modern day disgrace marriage.
Quite a generalization you've got there. But hey, I understand why you generalize people... makes it easier for you to understand people when you generalize, huh?

OF COURSE we all get to hear bad marriages.. you know WHY? Because scandals SELL stories, hence bring profits to those publishing such "scandals". In all honestly, I think there are more good marriages out there that we gave societies credit for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships