Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 04:52 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,295,747 times

Advertisements

I do agree that women seem more attracted to tall men. My guess is that it makes them feel more protected, more feminine.

However, I've always been an exception to that. Even as a teenager I preferred men on the shorter side. I think I've had the hots for many guys who stood around 5'6" or so. But I'll admit, I didn't like them shorter than me. That was my limit. So while I like to feel protected, too, I obtain that through something other than height. And I've known some mighty fearless short guys!

In high school I did have a boyfriend who stood 6'4" and I found it awkward to hug him or kiss him. His tower was definitely NOT part of the attraction, and my mother thought I was 2 sandwiches short of a picnic for it.

My husband is 5'10" and that's plenty.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:56 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
But, it seems like most of the posters are not answering the question: Why do women prefer tall men?
Well I did.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:01 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
But, it seems like most of the posters are not answering the question: Why do women prefer tall men?
I thought I answered the question just fine. And I can speak only for myself, and not all other women.

Again, I prefer a man that is the same height as I am while dressed. A little taller is fine. And most shorter men I've met have an annoying chip on their shoulder about their smaller stature. It's their negative attitude, low self esteem issues about being shorter that turn me off from them, NOT their actual physically shorter height.

If shorter men would just act like a man of average or taller height, they would be more attractive to more woman imo. Because the shorter men feel so self conscious about their height, their taller girlfriends feel that they can't wear the high heeled shoes they love just to keep their man happier. And most women feel that they look better in high heeled shoes and dumpy in flat shoes.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:56 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,826 times
Well, this is a problem for a lot of men b/c they make 'em (women) bigger than they used to. That's what my great uncle said. When he was young & in WW2, he said that 5'7" was really tall for a woman back then. Now you see a lot of women who are 6'+. I even know of a woman who is 6'10". She's pretty much given up on finding a taller man. lol

I'm only about 5'8" & 1/2...lol...but I used to play sports & I'm ex-law enforcement, so I would really have no problems protecting a lady.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:53 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Do WE make the feel secure? Is it that WE'RE more appealing? What is it about US tall men?
Don't forget alot of men prefer women to be shorter than them, they feel intimidated if they're shorter.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:05 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,068,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I don't know that all women prefer tall men, I think women in general just want a man that's taller than they are. For example, I'm 5'9", I want a man that's taller than me, it's not anything to do with security or feeling good about it, it's just that I'm not comfortable dating someone shorter than I am.
But why is it-iam a man 5'7-that i feel comfortable dating any woman regardless of what her height is? Why can't you be just as comfortable as me?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:33 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,731,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
But why is it-iam a man 5'7-that i feel comfortable dating any woman regardless of what her height is? Why can't you be just as comfortable as me?
Because that's just personal preference. You can't be attracted to everyone.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:19 PM

78,350 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Because that's just personal preference. You can't be attracted to everyone.
You obviously have not met Mr. Cat. Meow!

Old 03-13-2009, 02:13 PM

5,323 posts, read 6,099,356 times
I never got the whole protection thing,how many random men are gonna try to attack a women out of nowhere??

And if youre talking Rape attempts mostly happen when womens alone and if they dont that means their in a group so it doesnt matetr how big the one guy is

Theirs better chance the guy your with tries to hit you someday then some random man so in that case it would be better to be with somebody not as big

Old 03-13-2009, 02:45 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,068,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I never got the whole protection thing,how many random men are gonna try to attack a women out of nowhere??

And if youre talking Rape attempts mostly happen when womens alone and if they dont that means their in a group so it doesnt matetr how big the one guy is

Theirs better chance the guy your with tries to hit you someday then some random man so in that case it would be better to be with somebody not as big
The facts are irrelevent though because it seems like many women live in a fantasy world.
Like my brother is over six feet tall and we have the same genetics does that mean because I am five foot seven that I can't possibly have any children over six feet if that is what the women is interested in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.