Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 05:19 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times

Advertisements

When you wonder if a woman is doing something with her eyes but you never actually look, but then you finally look and you think you see something, and then you start getting that limerance feeling (you start giving her the eyes) and you start having thoughts and you start feeling the way you did years ago before your hormones changed (cause not you're now in your 40's and that feeling does not happen nearly as much as it used to), is this feeling caused entirely by yourself (ie wishful thinking) or is there some truth that there may be some interest on the other side?

I consider myself to be a staunchly conservative realistic person and cynical when ti comes to these matters, but I wonder if this is all me or can it come from the other side?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 05:21 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,868,386 times
Ok call lme dumb but what in the hell is LIMERANCE??? I am going to look it up but in the meantime, lets have a chat about strange words in the relationship threads....sigh

Old 03-22-2009, 05:28 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times
Default Okok

it just means "love", I just chose to use that word because i assumed everyone knew it!!

Listen it's been ages since I've felt this way, you're not dealing with a sane poster right now...

Old 03-22-2009, 02:57 PM

283 posts, read 934,445 times
LIMERANCE, I love it- haven't heard that in a long time. It's mostly you , I have to tell you (if your flirtation is anything like the one I recently had.) But I do think the other person can spark it or shut it down if they are not at all interested, but 80% or better- it's a feeling that comes from you. Have fun.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
it just means "love", I just chose to use that word because i assumed everyone knew it!!
Thanks for the word of the day! Urban dictionary hasn't sent it to me yet.

Urban Dictionary: limerance

Quote:
Listen it's been ages since I've felt this way, you're not dealing with a sane poster right now...
Don't worry! You're in good company here!

Old 03-22-2009, 03:10 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Time will tell! Good luck!

Old 03-24-2009, 12:55 PM

22,183 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
I consider myself to be a staunchly conservative realistic person and cynical when it comes to these matters, but I wonder if this is all me or can it come from the other side?
good question, good post (once I figured out what "limerance" meant LOL)

if you are feeling attracted to someone and the hormones and flirtation are kicking in that is a good thing, particularly nice if it doesn't come along that frequently

where does it originate, from her or from you? I've wondered that myself
if you feel she is flirting with you, then she probably is (whether she admits it or not, whether she acts on it or not, whether she runs the other way when you try to talk to her or not)

if you can tell she isn't giving you the time of day then it's coming from you

i'd say 99.9% of the time if you feel like someone is flirting with you, then they are

have fun with it!

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 03-24-2009 at 01:10 PM..

Old 03-24-2009, 01:08 PM

22,183 posts, read 19,227,493 times
i'm reading this thread with interest because there's this guy at work i've been wondering the same thing about. I see him around the grounds, we smile (same as hundreds of other people I see walking around at work also smile and say hi) but I've noticed his smile is particularly nice, and I've noticed an attraction to him. And I've wondered if it is mutual, but never bothered to act on it or try to find out.

well, this went on for months, the smile and the "hi" and one day I just blurted out (after the usual eye contact and smile and "hi") I said, "You have the nicest smile."

Imagine my utter surprise when he said with a big grin, "You do too." We chatted a couple minutes, I looked at his name badge (I didn't even know his name) and I called him by name. Well the hormones were kicking in big time for me by then, but I still didn't know if he was "just being friendly" or "said that to everybody."

Well, by the time I returned to my desk he had e-mailed me, very sweet, and shortly after that we exchanged our personal e-mail addresses (not wanting to write each other on work e-mail) and have been getting to know each other. It is still very much a flirtation, but at least now I am on more solid ground that it is mutual, which I wasn't before.

So I'd say try something that could give her the opportunity to let you know if she is just being "courteous" or if she is that "friendly" and "flirtatious" to everyone or if there is indeed something more personal behind it that bears exploring.

Have fun! I'm having a blast!

Old 03-24-2009, 01:29 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,546,807 times
I'd slowly walk towards her, limerance shining in our eyes. As we close in, passion in our blood fuels a depth of breath that locks in our eyes upon each other. We reach each other's 'space' and with a breathless tone, unable to be constrained by human bonds, I blurt out, "Is there something in your eyes, lady, as they sure do twitch a lot." "Darn contacts", she exclaims...

Last edited by BLAZER PROPHET; 03-24-2009 at 02:17 PM..

Old 03-24-2009, 03:14 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Now we have to discuss limerance in these forums??? If that's how it is, it's time for me to absquatulate!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships