Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 05:11 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,211,185 times

Advertisements

It's obvious that I "stole" this idea from the other thread. I thought I'd ask the ladies......

What do you like?

(I think this has already been done, DON'T pull that old thread up please, if there is a old thread)

R
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 05:18 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,562,960 times
I don't like skinny men at all. Blech. I like a man that is a man, not a boy. My favorites seem to have always been 5'11" - 6'1" and 180# to 225#. I'm 5'5" and that is the perfect height with heels for me to have as a partner. I guess there is something psychological there about a man as a protector?! Who knows. Love strong, muscular guys with broad shoulders.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:23 PM

So a 38y/o guy is not a man?

As far as being a protector is concerned, that's just being naive. Did you hear about the guy in Cali that took our the 4 cops? Were talking one guy and 4 armed cops. Don't think because a guy is skinny that he cannot do damage.....

That thinking comes from fairly tales( My Knight in shinning armor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I don't like skinny men at all. Blech. I like a man that is a man, not a boy. My favorites seem to have always been 5'11" - 6'1" and 180# to 225#. I'm 5'5" and that is the perfect height with heels for me to have as a partner. I guess there is something psychological there about a man as a protector?! Who knows. Love strong, muscular guys with broad shoulders.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:33 PM

670 posts, read 2,117,095 times
I don't usually go for a certain body type although extremely skinny or extremely heavy would probably not seem very attractive to me if I had to compare. I've dated guys who were slender and guys who were stocky, guys that work out and guys that don't. I think I'm usually attracted to something about a guy's face, some combination of openness of expression combined with inner intensity. I'm not even sure what it is exactly; just know I can meet/look at 100 guys and usually only one or two makes me start thinking about what they would be like in bed. And only then do I notice the body type and if I'm already "smitten", the type doesn't matter so much.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
So a 38y/o guy is not a man?

As far as being a protector is concerned, that's just being naive. Did you hear about the guy in Cali that took our the 4 cops? Were talking one guy and 4 armed cops. Don't think because a guy is skinny that he cannot do damage.....

That thinking comes from fairly tales( My Knight in shinning armor)
Good golly Ron. You post a thread and then when someone responds you attack? Hmmm

Skinny men just aren't for me; tried it and didn't like it. That isn't to say that they aren't worthy or cannot do damage. I thought we were to respond on the type of mens physiques that we like?

I have a carry permit and can defend myself quite nicely. As a matter of fact, I usually shoot the best of everyone at the range including the cops. Some people can sing well (which I can't), but I can shoot well. I do think that there is some sort of genetic thing about a man being a protector in some ladies DNA (or perhaps it is just mine). Just because I can protect myself doesn't mean that I don't want a man to be there for me. I love men and how I feel on the arm of someone special!

I take it that you are a skinny 38 year old guy? It's all good. There's someone for everyone.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:41 PM

I did not attack you.....not at all.

Have a nice one.

No, I am not a skinny 38y/o guy. I was just responding to your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Good golly Ron. You post a thread and then when someone responds you attack? Hmmm

Skinny men just aren't for me; tried it and didn't like it. That isn't to say that they aren't worthy or cannot do damage. I thought we were to respond on the type of mens physiques that we like?

I have a carry permit and can defend myself quite nicely. As a matter of fact, I usually shoot the best of everyone at the range including the cops. Some people can sing well (which I can't), but I can shoot well. I do think that there is some sort of genetic thing about a man being a protector in some ladies DNA (or perhaps it is just mine). Just because I can protect myself doesn't mean that I don't want a man to be there for me. I love men and how I feel on the arm of someone special!

I take it that you are a skinny 38 year old guy? It's all good. There's someone for everyone.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I did not attack you.....not at all.

Have a nice one.

No, I am not a skinny 38y/o guy. I was just responding to your reply.
Ok, glad to clear that up! You have a great day too!

Old 03-28-2009, 07:09 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,724,452 times
I like my men healthy regardless of body type (for the most part), but I tend to like them a bit on the skinnier side. So long as they're not uber bony and weak. I also like them tall-ish. And I don't like lots of muscles. Some muscles are fine, but body-builders kind of freak me out, plus, muscles aren't so cuddly.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:16 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,674,748 times
I'm trying to figure out what a "voluptuous" man looks like... I don't think I want to know.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:20 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,282,568 times
I prefer tall and medium build...not a roly poly but not someone who would qualify treatment in an eating disorder center....

I don't like men who look like body builders but I like them muscular.

Yep, I married him!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships