Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2009, 01:13 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

Bethany Haneline and David Taggart plan to marry in November, and Taggart has taken charge of their trip to the altar. 'When I'm paying a fee, I expect perfection,' he says of his Groomzilla tendencies.

Watch out, world -- it's Groomzilla! -- OrlandoSentinel.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 01:59 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,336 times
Interesting. I hope they don't plan on making this into a show like Bridezillas. It's probably a little easier for some girls if the guy has some interest in planning the wedding though, but I can see how that could also get disastrous sometimes.

In my entire life I've only been to one wedding and, IMO, it was a really nice little ceremony (including the couple getting married and the priest/minister/whoever he is and the people attending there were only 12 people). If I were to ever get married I'd much rather have that than a huge shindig that takes months and months of planning and tons of guests! Heck, I'd be fine with a casual trip to the courthouse (or wherever people get married these days).

Old 03-29-2009, 08:01 PM

670 posts, read 2,114,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Bethany Haneline and David Taggart plan to marry in November, and Taggart has taken charge of their trip to the altar. 'When I'm paying a fee, I expect perfection,' he says of his Groomzilla tendencies.

Watch out, world -- it's Groomzilla! -- OrlandoSentinel.com
Okay, I need more sleep. When I read this, I thought he was taking charge of her grooming--that she had to be immaculately groomed for the wedding.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:14 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times
hilariously pathetic-grow some, 'zillas

Old 03-29-2009, 09:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
OK, the end of the world IS coming or at least it SHOULD be coming!

Old 03-29-2009, 09:56 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,937 times
which is more of a downer: the fact that guys are now jumping into the truly embarrassing world of "zilla-dom";
or that weddings are becoming just one more materialistic way to one-up your "friends"?

sure...she lets him "have a say" in the bridesmaid dresses now...and sets herself up for thought-control years from now.
On second thought - maybe he will do a better job at picking bridesmaid dresses - sure couldn't be worse than the fluff balls all of us had to wear!

Old 03-30-2009, 11:24 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
which is more of a downer: the fact that guys are now jumping into the truly embarrassing world of "zilla-dom";
or that weddings are becoming just one more materialistic way to one-up your "friends"?

sure...she lets him "have a say" in the bridesmaid dresses now...and sets herself up for thought-control years from now.
On second thought - maybe he will do a better job at picking bridesmaid dresses - sure couldn't be worse than the fluff balls all of us had to wear!
Speak for yourself!

My ladies had very stylish black gowns at my wedding!

Old 03-30-2009, 11:57 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Speak for yourself!

My ladies had very stylish black gowns at my wedding!
yeah - wouldn't ya know, the year after I got married black dresses took the spotlight. My wedding party had all strapless gowns with puffy sleeve-things.
I keep picturing Carol Burnett's impression of Scarlett O'Hara when she made the gown out of draperies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships