Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 04:43 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times

Advertisements

BTW our solution is to get a rooster for them. Cat better watch out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 03:07 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
BTW our solution is to get a rooster for them. Cat better watch out
LOL! Roosters are just as afraid as chickens.:rolleyes :

Old 04-01-2009, 06:42 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
Quote:
Just tonight I was visiting my Mother and checking out her Hens she has recently got (there is a point to this bare with me). Just recently there has been a cat terrorising them. So much so they won't lay eggs and havn't for 3 days. It was their bed time and they were nowhere to be seen, so I went on the hunt for them to put them to bed. Found one of them deeply in a bush with its back turned and looking very scared (cat nowhere to be seen). I felt VERY sorry for it and picked it up and put it into its inclosure to sleep. We have since worked out a possible solution to their woes.

Which got me thinking, probably the most important quality in a woman for me is the caring side of things. Someone that would also feel deeply sad for the plight of those Hens and want to resolve it as soon as possible.
Does anyone have the caring aspect down on their list of priorities for the opposite sex?
Or do you agree with me ranking it right up there?
Dave Dave Dave, are you rootin' or looking to groom on this forum? I can't think of one man I know who doesn't look or didn't look for that quality in a woman. I'll even go as far to say that it is programmed in mens DNA.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:34 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
It's very high on my list. But it always seems to be an afterthought for me. I end up angry with them many times for their uncaring attitude toward certain things. Many things, actually. Good post. I hope your solution works out like you expect for the hens and your mom. What a caring son (or daughter?) she raised.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:42 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Really? I find it more common that people make jokes about people's misfortunes and get all mushy about animals.
that's what I was thinking, just because someone has sympathy for an animal, which I think is great, being one of those people myself (I think I saved a pigeon the other night, long boring story) doens't mean they are decent to humans. In fact, I think it is sometimes the case where they are horrible to thier wife, etc. , have more consideration for a fish in a tank than the wife who takes care of them! But all combinations go together, some caring towards animals and humans and some one or the other.

Caring is like respect to me (yes, of course I know they're 2 different things) but if you respect your partner , then it means you must care about them and think about thier feelings on things. And on the other hand, if you are disrespected frequently, I guess that would indicate lack of caring. It is a good quality to look for in a partner, I don't know that it makes people's lists ofthn, though. And if you like someone, you can read caring into some behavior that was not what the behavior was about at all- misinterpet. (sorry for bad spelling)

Old 04-01-2009, 09:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How do you control a crying baby?
Give 'em somethin' dunked in wine...?!

Old 04-02-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
LOL! Roosters are just as afraid as chickens.:rolleyes :
No way..... roosters can be great fighters. In fact from what I hear very few if any in their prime aren't and trust me I've seen them in action in Indonesia.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
It's very high on my list. But it always seems to be an afterthought for me. I end up angry with them many times for their uncaring attitude toward certain things. Many things, actually. Good post. I hope your solution works out like you expect for the hens and your mom. What a caring son (or daughter?) she raised.
Thanks

Old 04-02-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Enfant Terrible View Post
Dave Dave Dave, are you rootin' or looking to groom on this forum? I can't think of one man I know who doesn't look or didn't look for that quality in a woman. I'll even go as far to say that it is programmed in mens DNA.
Part of the purpose of my post was just to remind myself and be aware of it thinking out loud lol. Yes many men may want or look for that but have they fully identified it, as high on their priority list. Or do they go with the flow as possibly end up hurt. Or put other traits such as physical attraction number one and neglect the caring aspect.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:10 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
No way..... roosters can be great fighters. In fact from what I hear very few if any in their prime aren't and trust me I've seen them in action in Indonesia.
When my Dad owned a ranch here in Texas, he used to keep roosters that were so dumb, I couldnt get close to one without them running scared like chickens. Then we had problems with wildcats who tried to eat them at night, and they were no good at fending for themselves. To see them fighting other roosters you would think they had what it took, but they just werent fighting any other species very well. But maybe your rooster in New Zealand is different. I am not trying to contradict you in any way, I just doubt that the rooster will help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships